• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

David Thomas / Resort transfer group AKA Square one development group Inc.

Us885a

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (planet Hollywood) Las Vegas
Hello all.....long time lurker here, but I decided to make this account to talk about what happened to me. This has all occurred in the course of an eBay purchase from “resort transfer group” also known as SquareOne development Inc. (Missouri) the real company behind this particular incarnation of their timeshare re sale business. The resort is the Las Vegas Elara. I am already an owner at Elara and have been since they were building the property. I have enjoyed it immensely and decided to start looking for another week to round out my time so I had a place to stay every year. Resort transfer group had listed on eBay a one week studio at Elara which was sold as “all maintenance fees /dues current at the time of transfer” for the winning bid of $250. I made the purchase in March 2020 and understandably due to Covid I did not see any actual progress until the end of August at which time I was told the title documents had been sent to Clark County and would soon be on their way to the resort for closing. keep in mind this is August I had been very patient up till that point because of the circumstances. Notwithstanding their multiple auto reply excuses every time I contacted them for one reason or another. I was told I would only be updated every 30 days at this point obviously due to Covid and everybody pinging them constantly due to the huge delays. September and October went by without any progress. At the beginning of this month November I started emailing them every several days asking what was going on. “David Thomas” and various other people in the company replied on three separate occasions that the document had been sent to Hilton in and “no response had been received from the resort” . So naturally I made a simple phone call to the Hilton transfers department , they told me no such document had ever been in their office. Like I said I am a current owner there and it would be a simple matter to contact me if there was a pending new account. This is where it where it really gets interesting , As soon as I replied to resort transfer group with this information , they immediately turned hostile and suggested they would cancel the sale if I did not stop “muddying the waters” by making phone calls and trying to seek out information on my own. At this point I realized that they were lying and to shorten this story up a little bit.....through some fancy footwork I was able to find out that there was a balance due of over $800 from the owner of the timeshare and that the closing documents had been rejected multiple times because of this. When I approached resort transfer group with this they amped up their hostility basically threatening to cancel the sale and telling me that they were going to forward my emails to their legal department because of my “tone“. Ha ha ha . I’m in at $250 at this point with no chance of getting it back because it had been over six months. I called Square, One development they take your number and will never call you back. I’ve been trying for a week, there must be some magic trick to get past the woman manning the phone to talk to a real person that can help you, if that’s possible. She is basically a screener so that nobody at the company has to deal with any problems. So at this point that’s where I’m at I paid $250 to resort transfer group for a timeshare that cannot be transferred because of a balance due that will not be disclosed to me because I am not the owner. SquareOne development won’t help me, And resort transfer group who is the same company I’m guessing, has been nothing but combative since I brought the problem to light. For the life of me I cannot understand why they keep stringing me along when the whole process is at a dead end according to the resort itself . So at this point I’m out $250 and I’m stuck.

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread on Tug about Square One Development. https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/square-one-group.293939/
They are rated "F" by BBB, and there are 55 complaints listed on BBB alone. It looks like your best alternative is to dump on them on the complaint sites, as well as BBB. It's fortunate that your financial damage is only $250. But I am sure that your mental energy is exhausted by trying to get the truth out of them. Best of luck. There are other opportunities out there.

Reactions: RX8

Us885a

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (planet Hollywood) Las Vegas
Here are the last few responses, I hardly feel I was anything but direct and to the point , and not pushy or threatening as they indicated. All this after 8 months without so much as one document from them after the initial filings.

Attachments

• F81081C6-A133-4520-9480-B7FFEB8F9799.jpeg
    F81081C6-A133-4520-9480-B7FFEB8F9799.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 118
  • B51CDE7F-852A-4AB0-925C-CE9631C411FB.jpeg
    B51CDE7F-852A-4AB0-925C-CE9631C411FB.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 118
  • CCB53B97-4812-4041-A9B5-2CA9C1B0AD0A.jpeg
    CCB53B97-4812-4041-A9B5-2CA9C1B0AD0A.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 109

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Us885a, Welcome to the TUB website. Where “Knowledge is Power,” by Bacon.
I pray that you can resolve this problem. Good Luck.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue before with RTG/Square One when purchasing a timeshare with them. Purchase price was $300 but the timeshare had a $194 MF dues that must be paid before transfer. Since the value was over $500, I paid it and asked them to pay me back. Once the TS transferred, they send me a check for the $194.

You can check the county website to see if they recorded the deed. If they did, it is a matter of time it will transfer. Just be easy with them and it will happen. They care more about getting it out of the seller name than getting it into buyer name as they get more money from the seller.

I know some people here that got great value for their free purchase. A week that normally sells for $2000. It just took time and patience.

With my dealing with them, they are an honest company but short staffed due to COVID. I know they had someone working there that had COVID and had to shut down the office for 2 weeks. It is hard time for all of us.

Just an FYI, I am closing my 9th timeshare with them and waiting for seller to sign. I think I got enough TS for now.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. Just so you know, you can check deeds out on county websites.

Here is the link to the Clark County record search:

If the deed is in your name, you could theoretically initiate the transfer with Hilton if it comes to that.

I bought a week from Resort Transfer Group back in September. It was recorded a couple of weeks later and was told it was sent to Marriott immediately. It showed up on my Marriott account just a few days ago. I haven't received any other communication from them.

Everything was as described, except it doesn't look like 2020 usage is available. It would have been a flexchange deposit with II, so not the end of the world and I did not pay any 2020 dues. At the price I paid, it was still a fantastic deal. I suspect that more experienced bidders may have stayed away because it sounds like they are having trouble getting transfers addressed in a timely manner.

When you work with eBay sellers you are often getting a much better deal than working with a broker, but that comes at the expense of customer service. In many cases these sellers have been paid to get rid of a timeshare for the seller and the amount they make from sales is probably peanuts compared to what they get paid by sellers.

Sorry you have had such a poor experience. I hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I purchased in September from them. Price was $11.00 for Sheraton Broadway Plantation Gold plus week as a trader. Two days after I sent the money the deed was recorded. However a month later I emailed them asking why Vistana doesn't have a contract number for me and got the quick response that there was a death in the family and they were behind. Last week, I sent another email as I got the contract number from Vistana and Vistana said RTG would send me the deed, immediately got the reply email that several people in their office got Covid. I am very upset, if they don't send me the deed, can I ask Vistana to send it to me?

BTW, I think it's BS that they have so many excuses with the quick reply email excuses.

Just sent another email now and got this respnse.

Hello,

Unfortunately we have had several employees in the office test positive for COVID-19. We are in the process of training someone to help fill in so we can respond to emails in a timely manner. Until then we ask that you be patience and understand that we are doing our best to get back to everyone.

Sincerly,

Resort Transfer Group

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: cvu

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If the deed was recorded, you should be able to search for the deed here;

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I purchased in September from them. Price was $11.00 for Sheraton Broadway Plantation Gold plus week as a trader. Two days after I sent the money the deed was recorded. However a month later I emailed them asking why Vistana doesn't have a contract number for me and got the quick response that there was a death in the family and they were behind. Last week, I sent another email as I got the contract number from Vistana and Vistana said "they" would send me the deed, immediately got the reply email that several people in their office got Covid. I am very upset, if they don't send me the deed, can I ask Vistana to send it to me?

BTW, I think it's BS that they have so many excuses with the quick reply email excuses.

Just sent another email now and got this respnse.

Hello,

Unfortunately we have had several employees in the office test positive for COVID-19. We are in the process of training someone to help fill in so we can respond to emails in a timely manner. Until then we ask that you be patience and understand that we are doing our best to get back to everyone.

Sincerly,

Resort Transfer Group
Using Covid as a lie would be horrible and I wouldn’t be shocked if they did

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the deed was recorded, you should be able to search for the deed here;

It was recorded 2 days after I paid, I was very pleased with that, After reaching out to Vistana, they said they didn’t have anything, even though I told them it was recorded, I sent Briana at Timeshare group an email if she could reach out to Vistana and received an email from Briana that she will contact Vistana and find out why they don’t have it.
she must have done as she said, because a week later, I called Vistana and got my contract number and it shows on Vistana. Com and I can pay my maintenance online and also I was able to open an II account. Now just waiting for the deed to arrive.
Vistana said the closing company sends the deed. It’s in my name, so the waiting game begins.

jbiza

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue before with RTG/Square One when purchasing a timeshare with them. Purchase price was $300 but the timeshare had a $194 MF dues that must be paid before transfer. Since the value was over $500, I paid it and asked them to pay me back. Once the TS transferred, they send me a check for the $194.

You can check the county website to see if they recorded the deed. If they did, it is a matter of time it will transfer. Just be easy with them and it will happen. They care more about getting it out of the seller name than getting it into buyer name as they get more money from the seller.

I know some people here that got great value for their free purchase. A week that normally sells for $2000. It just took time and patience.

With my dealing with them, they are an honest company but short staffed due to COVID. I know they had someone working there that had COVID and had to shut down the office for 2 weeks. It is hard time for all of us.

Just an FYI, I am closing my 9th timeshare with them and waiting for seller to sign. I think I got enough TS for now.

I am going through the process with RTG/Square One now ( since early July :rolleyes: ) as well, with similar auto-responses from the few times I reached out to them.

I am aware the deed transfer was recorded by checking with the county recorder, so now, awaiting confirmation that the resort has completed the transaction.
Since I have other options for travel not dependent on this transaction, I am just being extremely patient (drip, drip, drip :sleep: ) while going through the process.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, I received an email from RTG stating they didn't get confirmation from the resort that this has been completed yet.
Oh boy, so my question to all you experienced tuggers is...If when I sign in to Vistana.com and see my week and maintenance fees to pay and was given a contract number when I spoke with Vistana and then opened an II account which II said they had to confirm my week with Vistana, wouldn't you say this transfer was completed? I'm beginning to think RTG is a 1-2 man show and they can't keep up with the demand. What do you all think?

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE! Received my deed today. So start to finish it was 2 months. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

JBLKY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dumb question...If Deed is recorded, can't you get a copy from the County and send it to the Resort yourself...

George

I had the same situation and that’s exactly what I did.

JBLKY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Las Vegas Flamingo from that group. It took a very long time. The last communication I had with them was that the deed had been recorded at the Clark County courthouse and that they just needed to make the transfer with Hilton. I Sent emails, but received no response after that. Finally I checked with Clark County and purchased a certified copy of the deed. I sent a copy of the deed to Hilton and then they set up my account. I purchased Nov 22, 2019 and the transfer was complete in April 2020. I purchased a 5000 point gold, but during the process was notified that the contract was actually a 7000 point platinum! I paid $1,009 so I was thrilled after all of the stress.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought a Wyndham points CWA unit in January 2020, pre pandemic. (no deed, just a membership) and it still hasn’t transferred. Anytime I email them I just get their stupid auto email about “don’t contact us if you already have within 30 days”. In my opinion this company is true scum. They stole my money and never provided the unit.
@Resortsales , PM me.

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Finally I checked with Clark County and purchased a certified copy of the deed. I sent a copy of the deed to Hilton and then they set up my account.

Setting up the account required that you (or agent) first pays the $400-ish fee.

If you had to pay the $400-ish fee when you submitted the deed to them, it means the agent messed up.

If however HGVC set up your account for free (no extra payment made to HGVC when you sent them the recorded deed), it means the agent did in fact file all the required paperwork, and the process was stuck on HGVC side.

Just saying.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hopefully folks who were ripped off took our advice and reported these scammers. appears the Missouri AGs office is now pursuing these folks on behalf of victims!

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
hopefully folks who were ripped off took our advice and reported these scammers. appears the Missouri AGs office is now pursuing these folks on behalf of victims!

Interesting. Purchased a Marriott unit from David Thomas via eBay in mid-December all went pretty smooth contacted by Marriott in March for account online setup, and booked first reservations…No issues. Yesterday received an email from them confirming transfer even though confirmed unit transfer with them in March.

Reaction score
I am going through the process with RTG/Square One now ( since early July :rolleyes: ) as well, with similar auto-responses from the few times I reached out to them.

I am aware the deed transfer was recorded by checking with the county recorder, so now, awaiting confirmation that the resort has completed the transaction.
Since I have other options for travel not dependent on this transaction, I am just being extremely patient (drip, drip, drip :sleep: ) while going through the process.
Did this ever go through for you? I am waiting forever as well and am beyond frustrated.