• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Date restriction on E-Plus

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Christmas, pre-COVID, we booked an exchange for Marriott's Imperial Palm Villas for the week of June 13th. Last weekend, it was clear that even if the parks are open, none of us had any real desire to go there. I had purchased E-plus on the week, and hoped I could re-book something similar for the week after New Year's.

I've never used E-Plus before. When I went to search for Jan dates, it told me I could only book something 60 days out. Is that because I am trying to retrade it 60 days before the check-in date? I wasn't aware of this restriction. I am assuming I need to re-trade it to *something* before August or I'll lose it entirely. Is there anyway that II will work with me? Or was I just ignorant and should have e-Plused it earlier?!?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The downfall of E-Plus is it must be first used by the 60th day before check-in, to stay out of flexchange. Try to find something that is possible for you to use in early August, or book a dummy reservation for the latest date possible. 59 days after June 13 is Tuesday Aug 11. You may be able to get a Grande Vista check-in for the Monday August 3 or 10.

Theoretically, the 3 E-Plus retrades would take you out to Dec 7, but the realistic date is probably a couple of weeks before that (Thanksgiving?). Due to check-in being restricted to certain days of the week, you cannot always maximize each E-Plus to the full 59 day window.

Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an exception for COVID-19, if you call, an agent will override this restriction and trade you into a new unit if you know what you want.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yay--I was hoping for that samara64, esp. as I was unaware of the 60 day restriction (and, honestly, this is pandemic-related, with the parks still indefinitely closed and only some of the resort amenities open) Okay--I will ask. I do know what I want--the same unit, hopefully in early Jan if there is one available. I'll call tomorrow when I have the time to be in hellish hold world of holding.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You need to retrade for something before June 12th or you will lose it. Retrade out as far as you can now if you know you won't be going.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Since the covid policy only goes until May 31, you may be out of luck getting an exception and may have to use the 3 retrades in flex.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will call tomorrow. Thanks, everyone. Just when I thought I was being savvy.....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an e-plus that was about to expire. II made a COV-19 exception and gave me a replacement week usable until the end of 2020.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I had an e-plus that was about to expire. II made a COV-19 exception and gave me a replacement week usable until the end of 2020.
Was the trade for May or was it in June?