• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dashboard glitch?

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I own at 2 resorts. However, the. online Dashboard won't let me book between 8-12 months out at either of my home resorts. Keeps giving me a date to book 8 months out and says I have to wait. Anybody else have this issue?

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I own at 2 resorts. However, the. online Dashboard won't let me book between 8-12 months out at either of my home resorts. Keeps giving me a date to book 8 months out and says I have to wait. Anybody else have this issue?
Have not had that problem yet. Have booked at 3 resorts so far without a hitch.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2BR at WSJ and none of the 2BR units are showing available to me for 2017. I have a fixed week 9, so I thought maybe I had to wait until week 9 rolls around to see 12 month availability? Everything, including all the 2 BR units, is showing I have to wait until the 8 month mark too.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I've been having problems with mine as well. It keeps offering one of my home resorts that I already have a reservation for but the one that I don't, it won't let me book!

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Are you certain that the StarOption availability is the exact same unit type you own? For instance, at WSJ there are many 2-bedrooms, but you can't book a Coral Vista 2-bedroom if you own a Bay Vista 2-bedroom, etc.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Are you certain that the StarOption availability is the exact same unit type you own? For instance, at WSJ there are many 2-bedrooms, but you can't book a Coral Vista 2-bedroom if you own a Bay Vista 2-bedroom, etc.

That is what I thought. (I asked yesterday if it had to be the exact same type of unit ie 2 BR VGV, but that question was not answered.) So unless a 2 BR VGV opens up I will not see the availability. The two BR units are all 176,000 options, but only the hillside are available to me at 12 months.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
That is what I thought. (I asked yesterday if it had to be the exact same type of unit ie 2 BR VGV, but that question was not answered.) So unless a 2 BR VGV opens up I will not see the availability. The two BR units are all 176,000 options, but only the hillside are available to me at 12 months.

It gets even more complicated with Sheraton Flex, because even the exact same type of unit will sometimes be available only for deeded home resort reservations and not for Flex reservations. So, I may see something like:

2BR Lockoff - 95,700 HomeOptions - Not Available
2BR Villa - 81,000 HomeOptions - Available
1BR Villa - 67,100 HomeOptions - Available

2BR Lockoff - 95,700 StarOptions - Window Opens at 8 Months
2BR Villa - 81,000 StarOptions - Window Opens at 8 Months
1BR Villa - 67,100 StarOptions - Window Opens at 8 Months

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
So I called the folks at SVO today to see what the problem is. They told me I had to be booking in the season I own (I am) and for the date that is a usual check-in date. I was looking for a mid-week arrival, so I said OK, that must be the problem because I was not looking for the normal check-in days. No problem.

I then tried on going into the Dashboard again trying with the new parameter of check-in days and I still get a denial and statement that I have to wait until the 8 month window. :mad: Makes absolutely no sense. I am using the options from Lagunamar, want to book into Lagunamar more than 8 months out and still get denied. UGH!

Guess I will have to call again and just book over the phone. Darn, I just wanted to get entered into the Starpoints contest for booking online (like I would really win, lol).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Weird - I have had no issues with online booking - multiple bookings now. Plus, have gotten excellent timestamps being on exactly at opening - that appear to be holding up for locations upon checkin.

Your HomeResort checkin days must be used (Fri, Sat, Sun) with 7 day usage only for majority of resorts. WLR falls into that category. At 8 months you can have alternative days.

Are you trying to do a HomeResort reservation that is not on Fri-Sun and exactly 7 days? If so, won't work.

Last edited:

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Are there different view types there that maybe if you own Oceanview, they are all booked except Islandview, which you would need to make with a StarOption reservation at 8 mo then? I saw this for WKORV Jan 7 only studio in oceanview available, 1BR and 2BR oceanview all booked so only available at 8 mo. with StarOptions since own oceanview.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
HomeResort checkin days must be used (Fri, Sat, Sun) with 7 day usage only for majority of resorts. WLR falls into that category. At 8 months you can have alternative days.

I think this is the key, make sure you start the reservation on Friday, Saturday, or Subday in a week that is part of your home resort season. Otherwise your window will open at 8 months...

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I then tried on going into the Dashboard again trying with the new parameter of check-in days and I still get a denial and statement that I have to wait until the 8 month window. :mad: Makes absolutely no sense. I am using the options from Lagunamar, want to book into Lagunamar more than 8 months out and still get denied. UGH!

If it's more than 8mos out, you can only make Home Resort bookings, which would be exactly seven consecutive days in your owned season in the villa type you own starting on a valid check-in day, which I'm going to guess off the top of my head are the normal Fri, Sat, or Sun.

Somehow you're trying to book something that doesn't meet that criteria, so it's being treated as a SO's booking which you can't make until 8mos out...

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, whatever the problem is/was, it has now been fixed at least on my account.