• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dancing with the Stars

ElaineA

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Who got kicked off from the first night? I missed it.

Thanks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I think the guy's name was Kenny? I'm sure you could go to the abc website and get a run down of the show.

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was the ESPN commentator. Not suprised. However, the rapper was MUCH worse!!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rapper was awful. Altho Jerry looked like a chicken trying to do the cha cha. I think all the people in NOLA called in for the rapper to keep him on. There are some good dancers. I like the guy from 98 degrees, the girl from Days of our Lives, Tatum O'Neil and Stacy Keebler. shaggy

hoosiermarty

TUG Member
Reaction score
As the previous poster stated, it is a phone in vote. Kenny was out but it diffinately should have been the rapper. He was horrible. Just stood there most the time while the girl twirlled around him. If he isn't gone this week, it will be because the rapper voters outnumber the ones with any knowledge about dancing.

ElaineA

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Both were terrible

I agree that the rapper was worse, but when you consider that Kenny had 2 weeks to learn and the rapper had only one (filled in for his son), I think Kenny should go first. If the rapper doesn't try this week, he should go. Third is Hamilton. He doesn't even come close to the older one from first season.

I agree about the kid from 98 degrees. We're on vacation next week and can only tape part of it on Thurs.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
ElaineA said:
I agree that the rapper was worse, but when you consider that Kenny had 2 weeks to learn and the rapper had only one (filled in for his son), I think Kenny should go first.

I thought the others all had 6 weeks, not two? Or maybe the 6 weeks is for the total show. Anyway, I didn't see Kenny dance so I can't comment, but P was terrible. I keep thinking the reason he's still on is that it was a sympathy vote for his partner.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it work

Watching the first show and seeing the disparity in celebrity partners, I was wondering how the partners are picked. Names go in a hat?

Certainly the partners of P and Kenny got the short straw, but at least Kenny tried.

Who is P's son? Anyone we know or someone who could dance?

I thought George was making fun of the whole thing. I suspect that after seeing what the other couples did he may have a change in "attitude."

P will/must go next week.

Cheers,

Paul

dmensing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Poobah:

P's son is Romeo (previously known as Little Romeo).

I know one of the reasons George wasn't 100% is that he broke a couple of ribs from a fall off of a boat and was still recovering.

Dan.

Cyndy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched this show last year and enjoyed it so I'm tuning in again this year. I was shocked that P (rapper) wasn't out the first week. He was terrible. In addition, I felt the way he dressed was disrespectful. It's a ballroom dance floor and he should dress more appropriately (JMHO).

I thought Tatum O'Neal, Lisa Rinna, Stacy Keebler (sp) and the Lachey brother all did a good job.

hoosiermarty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Dancing with the Stars producers are in trouble with this group. Until enough of the good dancers are kicked off, I am afraid the Rapper is going to stay. He probably has quite a large group of people willing to vote for him regardless of his dancing. As other votes are spread around the other contestants are eliminated, only then do I think the Rapper will lose. It sure takes this show to a new low. And I do think Kenny is better than the Rapper.

bestnana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rapper

Cyndy, you hit it right on the head about the rapper's "dress". I think the producers need restrictions on the dress. One of the first things I said when he started to dance is that he needed to pull that hat off!! I'm no expert on dancing, but I know quite a lot (I have taken some dance lessons when I was younger and line dancing within the last 10 years). I think the guy was horrible in dance and dress.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I couldn't believe P wore sneakers to dance in. I don't think he really wants to be in this competition. I really enjoyed George Hamilton. I kept waiting for all the women who did the Rhumba to start "dancing". I just took ballroom dancing lessons and the Rhumba we did had dance steps. I though Jerry Rice was pretty good too.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rapper

"We got trouble in Dance City
That's Trouble with a capital T,
That rhymes with P and that that stands for Mr. P."

Unless he changes his attitude, I think he needs to go, ASAP. I feel sorry for his partner, but what were the producers thinking?

I thought I heard the MC say that he was the highest call in vote getter. Did I hear right? If that is the case and he survives tonight then the producers are going to have to circle the wagons and figure out what they are going to do. They will not only lose their audience, plus the other constestants will be totally de-incentivized. Why bust your buns to compete when this guy is going to place in the bottom of the judging and not get knocked out?

JMHO.

BTW, I think the wrestler is going to take it. :)

Pat: Any openings on your dance card? ;)

Cheers,

Paul

J

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Pat: Any openings on your dance card? ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Paul, for you, anytime! You and Nancy should join us on the Alaska cruise. Lots of time for dancing then.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yatum O'Neil is out

Tatum O'Neal is out of the contest. Master P still here. I thought there was some very good dancing. Kelli's gal, Stacy got the top vote tonight.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Ah yes...Stacy. Very easy on the eyes indeed. :)

Who is she ... a movie star or something? I'll bet she'll be a somebody real soon.

Brian

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, get your head out of the sand (lol) Stacy Keebler is a professional wrestler !! Actually used more for eye candy than the rough and touble stuff. They are always talking about her long legs!! She already is a big somebody, just not someone an intellect would know about. Only a redneck, or closet wrestling fan, (somebody who want admit to watching wrestling, but does)

shaggy

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hmmmm....Hadn't noticed. I thought it was just dancing skill. :)

shagnut said:
....They are always talking about her long legs!!
shaggy

Cyndy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My faith is restored in the show now that "P" was voted off. :D

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Cyndy said:
My faith is restored in the show now that "P" was voted off. :D
He wasn't - Tatum O'Neil was..one of the judges even commented about his shoes - he was wearing SNEAKERS...Yikes!

Cyndy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good grief. I must have been "dreaming" that Master P was voted off (or wishful thinking). Sorry and thanks for clarifying. :)

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I got an email notification today that there was a new posting in this thread but the message was Poobah's post from 1/13. Weird.