• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dana Reeve

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you hear this morning that she died last night?? That us unreal!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
She was never a smoker

She died of lung cancer. Secondhand smoke is a killer, that is for sure. All of us who grew up with our parents' bad habits blown into our faces are at risk for the same.

I am not saying that lung cancer is only caused by cigarettes, but it sure does feel horrible as a child, gasping for breath because your parents are addicted. Parents should consider their children's little lungs before lighting up.

Our son started smoking at 24 years old. He is trying to quit but has absolutely no willpower. He watched my mom die of lung cancer at 65 and my dad die at 62, yet he still lit up because it was "cool". The bar scene is a common place to pick up bad habits. "Stupid is as stupid does," as Forrest Gump so aptly put it.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Shocking news. She was such a wonderful person.

Cindy...are you saying she was around second hand smoke that might have caused this?

Brian

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I grew up in a home where both parents smoked. My mother died prematurely last year - at the age of 86!

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
judyjht said:
Did you hear this morning that she died last night?? That us unreal!

My son and I were just talking about this, she had a 13 year old son, the same age as my son. It was a great chance to discuss with him "life and death, how sad for a young man to lose both his mother and father so close together and at such an young age. We pray for his family and hope he has the support he will need.

Steve

Reaction score
Dana Reeve was such a devoted wife and mother and such a wonderful example of strength in the face of extreme adversity. I hope her son Will has some strong support from family and friends. It's really sad that he has lost both of his parents.

Steve

noson7982

TUG Member
Reaction score
Radon Gas

I live in an area that has high leels of naturally occuring Radon Gas. We tested our house and had to seal our basement walls because the levels we high. high Radon Gas raises the chance of getting cancer.

Cat

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When we moved last year, we had our house tested, as is customary in the New England area. Our house had it bad. "Sealing" the basement walls was never even discussed. In New England, a mitigation system with a fan is installed. We had to pay $1200 for the system, just to sell the house.

Of course, the basement was my workout room. Figures!

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Steve said:
Dana Reeve was such a devoted wife and mother and such a wonderful example of strength in the face of extreme adversity. I hope her son Will has some strong support from family and friends. It's really sad that he has lost both of his parents.

Steve

Apparently one of his grand parents has also died quite recently. Poor kid has been through more than his share.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I heard it on the radio on the way to work this morning. So very very sad. I feel even worse for their son.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
pwrshift said:

Cindy...are you saying she was around second hand smoke that might have caused this?

Brian

When Dana Reeve was first diagnosed, the media was saying that the cancer was caused from secondhand smoke. So sad.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
pwrshift said:

Brian

On the news tonight they mentioned that she was a cabaret/lounge singer for many years. She was exposed to a lot of second hand smoke.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sad, expecially because she was so young.

I thought I had read that someone else in her family died of lung cancer (and didn't smoke) -- anyone else hear that? I may have been dreaming :eek:

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister, a smoker, died of lung cancer at 63. My sister in law, a smoker, died of lung cancer at 59. My mother, a smoker until 7 yrs ago is still alive and will celebrate her 90th birthday on March 23. She smoked more that 65 yrs and is in very good health for her age...who can tell why one gets cancer and one does not. I smoked until 13 yrs ago....I live every day fearful that I will develop lung cancer eventually. I smoked for 30+ yrs. What a dreadful disease and how truly horrible that someone like Dana who never smoked had to die of this dreadful disease.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
It was Dana's mother who died of cancer recently. Just heartbreaking.