• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dallas Texas?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Hi all! Are there absolutely NO Resorts in the Dallas area? I’ve searched hi and low and CANNOT find a trade...help!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Silverleaf used to have a resort at Flint Tx....not sure who it is now since silverleaf went bankrupt maybe holiday inn vacation club...it is an hour and a half
Holly Lake..also used to be silverleaf is 2 hours
The lodge at Runaway Bay is an hour and a half.

Those are the closest

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
DFW has no tourist appeal. No great weather. No grand scenery. One theme park (6 flags). No natural water features. Just flat prairie. And business . . .
I've been to the Dallas area several times, mostly for business, once to visit a friend. Not a location I'd choose to go back to.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DFW has no tourist appeal. No great weather. No grand scenery. One theme park (6 flags). No natural water features. Just flat prairie. And business . . .

And Traffic traffic traffic

All 3 of my kids attended University of Texas at Arlington....smack in between Dallas & Fort Worth... My oldest stayed for almost 10 years after college and just recently moved to Albuquerque.. He is visiting friends in Dallas this weekend and was just saying how he really does not miss the traffic.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Geez, Neighbor, that is rough. There is plenty of shopping and lots of restaurants! ;)

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I have lived in North Texas for almost 40 years. I grew up on the east coast. The people here are great and its a good place for business .The plano schools have been very good for my kids. Between Texas A&M and UT Austin they have received a quality college education as well. It is a nice clean city but everything is man made and lots of traffic. Since we don't like the landscape or the summer weather we decided that in order to live here we would have to take lots of vacations. We are finally leaving Texas in September and moving to the Lake Tahoe area. It will be cold for me in the winter so I am going to take lots of winter vacations to Hawaii and the Caribbean.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I worked a project at Frito-Lay HQ in Plano, flying in and out of DFW every week from CA. I remember a lot of concrete roads, concrete everywhere. At the time F-L and EDS seemed like they were out in the country at the end of the toll road, I’ll bet its all filled in now. We had to drive quite a ways to find a restaurant if we wanted to go out to lunch so most people stayed on campus. There was a nice cafeteria with free chips and pepsi,don’t even think about bringing in a coke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The first time I went to Dallas was on business. The meeting was going to be at a hotel in Grapevine. I arrived at the airport and picked up the shuttle to go to the hotel. The shuttle circled the airport a couple of times to pick everyone up. Then we started the drive. We drove for what seemed like miles and came to something that looked like tollbooths. I realized it was the entrance/exit to the airport. Man, is that place BIG!

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the above comments about DFW are true. . .
But as a 5th generation native Texan, the weather is just the normal background. (I'm a lizard - I'm not happy until it's at least 85 F.)
To balance it, it is a great place to make a living. Many people make a living here and leave. I don't, as I haven't found a better place overall, to go to.
That included, <everything> not just fun things. Things like a fine, relatively close medical services, include a class 3 trauma center, good shopping, a 2300 sq foot house (nice, all brick, with yard) for $300K, close to the Plano Ballonfest (in season), restaurants (at least until COVID-19), a neighborhood 90% surrounded by parks/golf course/greenbelt, ect. (And no state income tax!)
Are there better places? Yes, but much more expensive. I don't have the money to justify the price. That's what timeshares are for. . . .:)

Reaction score
As a truck driver, I've driven pretty much every interstate in Texas. Yeah, everything is bigger in TX! But, I was stunned when I found a land real estate booklet. I could buy a 100-acre ranch with house outside that area for less than $200000! Essentially, land outside the big cities is between $1500-$2000 per acre in 100-acre increments. How about a 1000 acre ranch? Do the math!

TS

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I worked a project at Frito-Lay HQ in Plano, flying in and out of DFW every week from CA. I remember a lot of concrete roads, concrete everywhere. At the time F-L and EDS seemed like they were out in the country at the end of the toll road, I’ll bet its all filled in now. We had to drive quite a ways to find a restaurant if we wanted to go out to lunch so most people stayed on campus.

That area is completely solid now with office towers and restaurants! Toyota's North American headquarters is across the street.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Ugh.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
And humidity...
And traffic...
Just ugh.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Geez, Neighbor, that is rough. There is plenty of shopping and lots of restaurants! ;)
Well, if it's any comfort, it's no of my few regrets that I never took my kids to TX. They are grown now. Son1 has been to Austin, but I have A LOT of fond memories of Big D and other locales. I spent my first year away from home there, and later return often for work. Love, love so many things about TX :)

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've spent many weeks working in Arlington, Irving and Coppell through the years. I grew to like the area pretty well and have missed going there for the last couple of years. There's a Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine if you are looking for a resort. I made some sort of wrong turn once and wound up in front of the property.

Sheila

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Thanks everyone...I’m from Texas...don’t miss it much nut needed a trade for a business trip in Sept. I like to trade my unit whenever I can to avoid hotels

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Are there absolutely NO Resorts in the Dallas area? I’ve searched hi and low and CANNOT find a trade...help!
The closest timeshare resort to Dallas that I know of is Tanglewood Vacation Villas in Pottsboro, TX. It's about 75 miles north of Dallas.

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
And humidity...
And traffic...
Just ugh.
If one is from Houston, they laugh at that DFW humidity comment. Guess it depends on where you are from.