• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dallas - Fort Worth Tornado's - Tuggers OK?

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this big alert...hope all folks there in the Dallas metro area are A OK.

Texas Traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a bumpy afternoon! Lots of damage from a tornado in/near Lancaster. Other smaller storms around with hail & wind, but west of Ft. Worth we faired pretty well.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My office is in west Fort Worth - no problems. My home is in the mid-cities - no problem there, either.

I was in my office in downtown Fort Worth when it was hit by the 2000 tornado --- and I have been afraid of tornadoes ever since. I now keep a weather radio on my desk and it was going off every 5 minutes most of the afternoon.

All is well, here.

elaine

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in. We do worry!

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter not as in love with her move to Texas now! I had warned her about these things from living in Houston years ago and family still in Texas but she didn't believe me. THe big one in Dallas hit about 11/2 miles from her job. Then later she hears that the one hitting school in Forney only about five miles from their home.:ponder:

First time since leaving Caifornia that she talked of missing living here! In California the ground moves and people do Elvis moves for few seconds but your homes don't blow away.:doh:

PHIL

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I live in Dallas proper - one place Lancaster - that was badly hit is a southern suburb about ten to 12 miles down the road. The other place, Arlington, is halfway between Dallas and Ft Worth (and the home of the Texas Rangers). Other than a bad rainfall, luckily I was not affected - although I had very worried parents call me in a panic. I had to tell them I was home making spaghetti and my Mom calmed down. Thanks for everyone's concern. They are saying that those that want to make donations can make them to the Red Cross Dallas or Red Cross Texas. Janete aka Funtime

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Glad to hear that everyone's okay!! :clap:

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
My SIL & family spent time in the closet and was scared but everything. A tornado did touch down about 5 miles away. She lives in Rockwall. shaggy