• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Pointe Resort Ass'n Sales Blowout

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI,

I just received this notice at the CPR Yahoo Group from the Prez of the CPR at Lake Buena Vista Condo Ass'n:

"After nearly 7 years of work cleaning up the Owners list, the Cypress
Pointe Resort Association now owns a limited number of deeded, 3
bedroom, Diamond time weeks. This is an opportunity that comes along
very seldom as there are now much improved procedures in place to
handle delinquent owners quickly and get those weeks back to paying
status.

In order to get these Association owned weeks into new owners hands it
has been decided to offer them to existing Cypress Pointe owners for a
deep discount price.

Want own at Cypress Pointe? We can do
that as well. Diamond time units, same deeded ownership and 2009 use
for the cost of the annual fee, are being offered while they last.

These offers are good through February 1, 2009 or until the limited
supply runs out. Payment must be by check (credit cards cannot be
accepted for real estate purchases by the Association) and transfer to
the new owner usually occurs within 8 weeks. If a speciific 2009
reservation is desired it can be requested at the time of purchase
subject to current year availability as always.

If you, a family member or a friend has ever considered another week
or a new ownership at Cypress Pointe Resort don't miss this one time,
fixed price opportunity. For details or to take advantage of these
offers please email your interest to bid@cypresspointe.net on or
before 2/1/09."

Stu Schwartz, Director & Treasurer

Last edited by a moderator:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Good Deal On A Great Timeshare -- These Will Get Snapped Up Fast.

Whoa !

Those are great prices for an outstanding medium size timeshare that hardly ever shows up on eBay.

We paid $3,500 for ours in 2002 & that was a good deal. This is even better.

Floating Diamond Season means owners can get a reservation for any week of the year (1st come, 1st served), with check-in on Friday or Saturday or Sunday.

Plus, Cypress Point is right there in just about the best timeshare location in Orlando. It exchanges through both I-I & RCI, & is managed by VRI under contract to an independent, owner-controlled Homeowner Association. The developer of record is Diamond Resorts International (although Diamond does not call the shots at Cypress Pointe -- the independent HOA is in charge).

If The Chief Of Staff & I weren't already set for life on timeshares, we would be sorely tempted to spring for 1 more of these.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
My check is in the mail

I've been following the Cypress Pointe story for a while, and it looks like good value to me.

Jim :cool:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Cypress Pointe questions.

What is the current annual fee at this resort? Are any Special Assessments planned?

All of these units are 3-bedroom lock-offs that divide into a 2-bedroom plus a "one-bedroom" that is really more of a hotel unit, correct? (I have stayed in both the whole 3-bedroom condo and the 1-bedroom lock-off.) What are the options for depositing the small side of the lock-off? I seem to recall that RCI would not take them as deposits. (Probably because the bathroom opens to the bedroom, giving no privacy.) Will VRI*ety take the 1-bedroom lock-offs, and if so, what size unit are they considered to be?

To anyone who is interested, this is a very nice resort with an excellent location right near Downtown Disney. It's a good choice for anyone who wants a unit near Disney without the hassles of going through an exchange company.

Also, sounds like the Board has been doing some good work here. Congrats, John & Stu!

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Special offer for TUG members/owners

I have a couple of Cypress Pointe questions.

What is the current annual fee at this resort? Are any Special Assessments planned?

The current annual fee is $791 (average - it varies by a few dollars either way due to Orange County taxes on the individual units) which includes operations, reserves, taxes and the roof loan repayment. No one can ever say "never" to Special Assessments but the Board believes they have a plan that will prevent them for the foreseeable future. None planned now.

All of these units are 3-bedroom lock-offs that divide into a 2-bedroom plus a "one-bedroom" that is really more of a hotel unit, correct? (I have stayed in both the whole 3-bedroom condo and the 1-bedroom lock-off.) What are the options for depositing the small side of the lock-off? I seem to recall that RCI would not take them as deposits. (Probably because the bathroom opens to the bedroom, giving no privacy.) Will VRI*ety take the 1-bedroom lock-offs, and if so, what size unit are they considered to be?

Yes, these are deeded, 3 bedroom float weeks (all weeks at the resort float - deeding is for recording purposes only) that can be split into a 1BR/Studio (which now includes a microwave, small refrigerator and DVD player) and a 2 bedroom side with full kitchen. The 2 or 3 bedroom can be deposited with RCI, II, SFX, VRI*ety and more. The 1 bedroom cannot be deposited for trade as no exchange will accept Orlando units without at least a mini-kitchen. So that side can be used as a second week/standalone unit but not traded. Just FYI the open bathroom design is being changed in the 2010 unit renovation work for both master bedrooms (changing some walls and adding doors) as that is the number one complaint about the units. Some don't mind it but others hate it so it's being changed.

To anyone who is interested, this is a very nice resort with an excellent location right near Downtown Disney. It's a good choice for anyone who wants a unit near Disney without the hassles of going through an exchange company.

Also, sounds like the Board has been doing some good work here. Congrats, John & Stu!

Thank you for the comments - the Board has worked very hard to make Cypress Pointe Resort the very best it can be and to keep fees in line. And remember TUG members are being offered a special deal if interested.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, John! I think the MFs are quite reasonable, given the location (Florida resorts tend to have high expenses) and size and quality of units.

In general, I'm not big on Orlando weeks as traders, due to the high supply and high fees in Orlando. I think it usually only makes sense to buy in Orlando if you want to use the week yourself. However, Cypress Pointe gets VRI priority -- and I believe it does, or will, trade in VRI*ety, too. There aren't many 3-bedroom VRI traders around (the other VRI resorts that have 3-bedrooms rarely come on to the market), so this would be a good choice for someone who wants one.