• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CWA vs a Deed

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any downside to CWA points versus a deeded location? I am guessing the annual fees are more for CWA? Any other pitfalls? I may be closing on 126K points that I thought were at a deeded location, but when I just got the paperwork, I see that they are CWA points. Should I be concerned? I already have 154K points at Fairfield Glade.

Thanks!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your annual fees will be better than you are paying for Fairfield Glade. I'd say they are around average, there are much better contracts to be found, and worse contracts to be found.

Unless you were buying the contract with the intention of specific ARP use, I wouldn't sweat that it is CWA. The maintenance fee rate was posted and part of your buy decision, right?

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your annual fees will be better than you are paying for Fairfield Glade. I'd say they are around average, there are much better contracts to be found, and worse contracts to be found.

Unless you were buying the contract with the intention of specific ARP use, I wouldn't sweat that it is CWA. The maintenance fee rate was posted and part of your buy decision, right?

Yes, maintenance fees were posted. They are a little more per point than Fairfield Glade. I have pretty low fees there. I think this contract is average honestly, but I didn't really want to hunt around eBay. The price was right on this one and I figured I'd scoop it up. About $84/mo for 126K points and I think that includes the program fee (which I'm already paying for since I have 154K at Fairfield).

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, maintenance fees were posted. They are a little more per point than Fairfield Glade. I have pretty low fees there. I think this contract is average honestly, but I didn't really want to hunt around eBay. The price was right on this one and I figured I'd scoop it up. About $84/mo for 126K points and I think that includes the program fee (which I'm already paying for since I have 154K at Fairfield).

Yeah, it depends which Glade association you're in. I'm in the highest one LOL

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Is there any downside to CWA points versus a deeded location? I am guessing the annual fees are more for CWA? Any other pitfalls? I may be closing on 126K points that I thought were at a deeded location, but when I just got the paperwork, I see that they are CWA points. Should I be concerned? I already have 154K points at Fairfield Glade.

Thanks!
I have 450k CWA developer points that also makes me Silver VIP. I love having the 13 month ARP although I don’t use it that much. It is very nice to have when we do need it. For example, we just booked a 4 bedroom presidential for next June for my wife and BIL family vacation. We also have 2 resale contracts, including one at Fairfield Glade. I prefer using the developer CWA points because I don’t like to work at keeping up with when I can use them and what restrictions come with them. I just want to make a reservation and go on the vacation.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it work if you have own a Deeded Property AND CWA (both purchased Resale)? Do your points just combine in your account?

The CWA Points are issued in October. I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Deeded Property points are allocated in January. How does this affect your points? I've read a few places where you might lose your points if they aren't on the same schedule? Or something like that? Can someone please clarify? Thanks!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it work if you have own a Deeded Property AND CWA (both purchased Resale)? Do your points just combine in your account?

The CWA Points are issued in October. I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Deeded Property points are allocated in January. How does this affect your points? I've read a few places where you might lose your points if they aren't on the same schedule? Or something like that? Can someone please clarify? Thanks!

At ten months, they are treated as a single block of points to reserve with. If you want to use advance reservation priority over ten months out, you can only apply each respective contract to its own ARP privileges.

It is probable but not automatic that the deeded points have a January use year. There is a chance that they will align the CWA contract to January (whether you want them to or not). That has been their policy for at least seven years, but it seems like they are hit and miss on that.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any other pitfalls?
CWA ownership does not carry voting rights, whereas a converted week does. That might not matter in practice, as most of the resort boards are fully in Wyndham's control anyway.

Also, the terms of default are different. For a converted deeded week, non-payment of fees would cause the week to be "un-converted" but you'd still own (and be responsible for) it. For CWA, non-payment can result in simply revoking the contract entirely.

There may be some other differences beyond ARP, but those are the ones that spring to mind.