• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CWA/CWP Access for Chicago Wyndham

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
The Wyndham directory says Chicago Grand Wyndham has limited availability. Does this mean only two (2) days are available at a time?

Attachments

• E76E2998-47DB-4EAC-A5BD-1940D77C6CDA.png
    E76E2998-47DB-4EAC-A5BD-1940D77C6CDA.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 30

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
That mean not all units are timeshare units. It's like Wyndham Clearwater, a hotel with dedicated timeshare units.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
it shows nothing available after March 1. It's been like that for months. I called 2 weeks ago and the VC said oh yeah I just noticed that yesterday. Not sure what's up, just keep checking. I said it's been like that for months, she said oh yeah just keep checking not sure what's up.

Why do we let Wyndham get away with this crap?

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
No, it just means that there are a small number of rooms that are available as Club Wyndham timeshare rooms. Most are standard hotel rooms that are part of the Wyndham Grand Hotel. The standard booking length applies to the Club Wyndham rooms.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The Wyndham directory says Chicago Grand Wyndham has limited availability. Does this mean only two (2) days are available at a time?

It says "Limited number of accommodations" which means 50 or less units available for booking at any given time. The reason for the correction is because the term "Limited availability" pops up during the booking process when it cannot string together consecutive nights in one unit, as you mentioned. "Limited availability" and "Limited number of accommodations" mean different things in this particular scenario. For the directory page, it means 50 or less units available for booking to Club Wyndham owners.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
page 2 of the directory has this in tiny print:

upload_2019-9-11_23-24-17.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Since you mention CWA in the title, it's also worth mentioning that CWA has zero ownership in the Chicago Wyndham resort - so if you book in the ARP window - and only own CWA - you are out of luck. If you are booking in the standard 10 month booking window, when points are points, then it won't matter what you own.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Also, I believe that you cannot buy a deed to Chicago because Wyndham has this property on a long-term lease (20-30 years? I can't remember). There are 40 some "Timeshare" units on about 3 floors, maybe 4. I've stayed in a 1-BR and a Studio. Both faced the river.

The property is very nice and I am very glad that we can book there (if you book early--or maybe at the last minute) with our timeshare points.

You can always use Wyndham Reward points to book the hotel side--or pay.

I am guessing that the place is booked up from March on because of many HUGE conventions and State Tournaments and other such things that start up the end of February and go through May or June. There are certain sporting-event weekends that it is hard to get a room in Chicago. (Not quite as bad as when Michael Jordan was playing for the Bulls, but you get the picture).

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Another interesting thing to note is that the resorts that have VERY limited availability technically only have to have 2 units TOTAL of Wyndham inventory per week. <-Don't go trying for an upgrade!! Very limited availability is 2-10 units. Limited is 11-50 units.