• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currenty at Frenchmen's Reef

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been at Frenchman’s Cove this week and thought I would share some notes with everyone, especially those coming here in the near future. The weather has been near perfect, with showers only one day.

We are in Building 1, which is on the bottom level and on the left side offers a great view of the harbor. We also are in room 6 which, while having the corner balcony, has noisy AC units on the ground below it. Room 1 on any floor probably has the best corner balcony, unless you are in building 2 (also on the bottom level) which is next to the new construction. I will say that the construction noise this week is far less than last year as the only work going on is the building on the other side of the pool. Don’t know what building it is, but it looks like they are now working on the 4th floor (out of 6?). We were told this building would be ready in the summer of 2009 (right now that seems to be ambitious).

On the upper level they are just about finished the building that will house the check in (which is currently in building 1). Until yesterday the pavement in front of the entrance was blocked off with tape, which was removed probably Thursday. We came back from St. John’s yesterday evening and saw someone who had pulled in there thinking it was the check in, so I would expect it to open anytime now. This new building will also have several 3 BR units.

The only glitch that I have experienced has been power loss in building 1 twice, for about 30 mins each. The problem for everyone else was that the satellite and internet were based in that building, so everyone was affected. But not a big issue to me personally.

Current pricing for 2 BR:

Plat Plus – President’s $49,400
Plat Plus – Holiday $47,400
Plat Plus – New Years $52,400

Plat - $36,100
Gold - $27,100 (points only 2008/2009)
Silver - $21,100 (points only 2008/2009)

3 BR pricing:

Plat Plus – President’s $76,200 (occupancy 2010)
Plat Plus – Holiday $72,700
Plat Plus – New Years $78,700

Plat - $48,900
Gold – sold out
Silver – sold out

Regards,

Chuck

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck for the updates! I'm looking at my resort map from last year. On my map the buildings are not by numbers. Are you in the "Jost Van Dyke" building? Are you in a 3 bedroom? Also looking at my resort map, are they currently working on the "Tortola" building?

So glad you have enjoyed good weather. How are the crowds this year? Do you see any difference in visitors to the island?

We will be back next fall and I'm eager to see the changes to the resort.

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, building 1 is Jost Van Dyke, and yes they are currently working on the Tortola building. We are staying in a 2 BR.

We were told that they were 100% booked here, but it has not seemed too crowded. As for the island, this is the low period so there has been no problem getting into restaurants. It was a pleasure driving in St. Johns yesterday with no ship tourists to compete with. I think you are here usually in October, if memory serves me, so I am sure you have experienced the same.

The island also appears cleaner this year. I believe the new governor elected in 06 must be a positive effect.

Fly out early this morning. Take care,

Chuck

glarscast

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Marriott's Destination Club Member
Chuck-

We were also at Frenchman's Cove this past week. My wife met you by the pool and thanked you for your pictures that you posted here 18 months ago after the grand opening.

This was our second time. We, too, saw the caution tape removed from the new check-in area late in the week. However, we were told that guests would be checking in up there beginning the first week of December.

It was a quiet week, for the most part, except for the power outages. We love it there and have already booked our week for next year. It will again be the first week in November. New Jersey public schools have a shortened school week during the beginning of November and we have made friends with other NJ-MFC families who were there for the identical week last week (for the identical reasons).

Ron

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We just arrived yesterday, staying at the hotel site. We are in Frenchman's Reef portion and our room has a direct oceanview. The sunset was spectacular tonight!

We went to Coco Joe's for lunch today and the beach at the Morningstar seemed to be a little rough. We took a shuttle to the timeshare part and it looked a lot calmer. Wonder if the snorkeling there is any good...

We went to Secret Harbor in the afternoon. It's pretty and calm. The problem is visibility was kind of limited. May have something to do with being late (around 4:30pm). Will be checking out Coki Beach tomorrow and going over to St John on Tuesday...

If someone else is here this week. please PM me. Would love to rent a sailboat with another couple or two to share the cost. Otherwise, we'll just take the New Horizon II to BVI.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chuck, thanks for answering my questions. You are correct that we were there in Oct. last year. Next year we are going the last week of Sept. Since it is such a long flight from CA we are trying to trade for the week following as well, which will give us two weeks.

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Glarscast,

Don't think it was me your wife spoke to at the pool. Must be someone else who looks like Anderson.... Of course after a few Pina Coladas I could be mistaken:) I spent most of my time on the beach in the shade....

For snorkeling at the FC beach-I found the best time was first thing in the morning (say 8-10) to see fish. The rocks on the right side of the beach (facing out) weren't bad with some coral growing. Be careful of the urchins close to the rocks. Getting out into the water is a little tricky as there is an underwater rock ridge that you have to go over to get into deeper water. Best way is to go out on the left side of the old dock; much fewer rocks and no ridge.

I did see what looked like a small barracuda (don't think it actually was one, but sure looked like it) on the left side. Pretty cool looking.

Regards,

Chuck

ecm500

Reaction score
Are room charges possible yet?

When we were at Frenchman's Cove in June the system was not yet set up to process room charges to FC rooms from restaurants or lounges at Frenchman's Reef. Is this system set up as of your recent visit?

Thanks,

Ellen

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were at Frenchman's Cove in June the system was not yet set up to process room charges to FC rooms from restaurants or lounges at Frenchman's Reef. Is this system set up as of your recent visit?

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I didn't use anything on the Reef side this time, so I don't know. Maybe someone else whoi has been there recently knows.

Chuck