• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at NCV - Any Questions?

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
We are at NCV for the week. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them.

They just called to see if we wanted to go do the "tour" and talk about the new "improved" points. :hysterical:

We bought resale so not really interested in the points. We use our MR visa and get enough points for our hotel stays for the year. But, I will be happy to go and ask questions if anyone wishes.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
How is the construction going?
Is it noisy?

Find any good restaurants yet?

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
How is the construction going?
Is it noisy?

Find any good restaurants yet?

When we checked in, we were given a slip of paper with information about the remodel of the Grill. While it is still open during the construction, the restrooms at the pool are closed for construction and they asked that pool users goto the restrooms in the main building downstairs. As far as the new buildings go, we haven't heard any noise at all. We are in the 3900 building, which we requested.

We are usually here three or four times a year and we don't really go out to eat. Just get our weekly groceries at the Pavillon and cook.
The only exception is we usually go to Crystal Cove one morning for breakfast :cheer: so can't help you out there.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say, it has been dry, sunny and about 80 degrees for weeks here in So Cal! I think all week is supposed to be near 80 and gorgeous.

Katherine (in Sunny San Diego, still patiently waiting for Fall to hit)

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Thanks for the good weather wishes. It is suppose to be 88 degrees today, so you guys are very good!:whoopie:

It looks like the big crowds are gone. They did not give us wrist bands for the pool this time.

I saw where someone posted that NCV had put flat screen TV in all units but the one we are in (3900 bldg) has the old TV's. Not a big deal to us as we don't watch TV at home so certainly don't want to waste vacation time on it either. Just thought it was interesting.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We are in the 3900 building, which we requested.

We are usually here three or four times a year and we don't really go out to eat. Just get our weekly groceries at the Pavillon and cook.
The only exception is we usually go to Crystal Cove one morning for breakfast :cheer: so can't help you out there.

We've stayed in the 3900 bldg and IMHO it is the best location in the whole complex. Every room has a killer view and yet it is close to all the resort activities.

Can wait till we are there next month!! :hi:

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
We've stayed in the 3900 bldg and IMHO it is the best location in the whole complex. Every room has a killer view and yet it is close to all the resort activities.

Can wait till we are there next month!! :hi:

Bill I agree. Although the new buildings might be great too.
I like to read on the lounge chairs out on the grass. We don't use the pool so 3900 is perfect for us.
We will be going to the wine and cheese owners meeting tonight so let me know if you want me to ask any questions.:confused:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Bill I agree. Although the new buildings might be great too.
I like to read on the lounge chairs out on the grass. We don't use the pool so 3900 is perfect for us.
We will be going to the wine and cheese owners meeting tonight so let me know if you want me to ask any questions.:confused:
We have taken two of the comfy chairs from the room and placed them out on the deck and used that for our relaxing the whole week. We have placed a towel over them at night to keep the dew off.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
We are checking in on Sunday and the rooms person is trying to put us in the 4400 or 4500 bld. What do you think? We want quiet but it seems like a hike to the pool and activites....
Andar, since the activities will likely be the same next week, please let us know if you find any you like. Is there in Margarita or Wine night?

Thanks!

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
4400 and 4500 buildings will have great views and be quiet, but are a real hike to the pools and other activities. Since parking is such a bear if going to the pool, this would be an issue for me.

Bill4728

Reaction score
4400 and 4500 buildings will have great views and be quiet, but are a real hike to the pools and other activities. Since parking is such a bear if going to the pool, this would be an issue for me.
4400 & 4500 as said will have great views.

4600 & 4700 may not because those bldgs are turned so that they look out across the valley and not out toward the ocean.

Personally, parking is only a problem at night when everyone gets home from their day trips. If you want to drive to the pools, just park in the lower parking lot and walk up the flight of stairs.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they have oncall shuttle that will take you to the pool. At least they did in August when we were there. Our daughter had them take her to the tennis courts from below the main office.

Does the resort feel crowded or near empty? It was a zoo in August.

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
We are checking in on Sunday and the rooms person is trying to put us in the 4400 or 4500 bld. What do you think? We want quiet but it seems like a hike to the pool and activites....
Andar, since the activities will likely be the same next week, please let us know if you find any you like. Is there in Margarita or Wine night?

Thanks!

I agree that 4400 and 4500 have wonderful views of the ocean. The downside is it is quite a distance from the pool if you want to go there frequently.

We also checked in on a Sunday. The schedule said Jazz by the pool but when we heard another couple ask about it, they were told it stopped last week and somehow was overlooked when doing the new week's schedule.
There are lots of activities for the kids. Is there an age range in your party?
The following are activities listed for family or adults:
Sunday; Karaoke; Monday: welcome orientation; pool games, scrabble challenge, Monday night football
Tuesday, Yoga, Halloween Totes, Tamiya Car challenge, Wii games, newlywed game, wine and cheese owners and exchangers, Wii Mario Cart.
Wednesday: yoga, ping pong tournament, crafts, gps scavenger hunt, Iron Chef cimpetition, pool games,putting contest,beach walk, jellybean tast off.
Thursday:yoga, pumpkin craving, rock band,tie dye tee, treasure hunt, bingo &popcorn, wii sports. Friday: frisbee challenge, trick or treat fun, pool games,putting contest, wii games, classical guitarist, black jack, family campfire. Saturday, tennis, beach walk, pumpkin craving, bingo & ice cream, matinee

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
I think they have oncall shuttle that will take you to the pool. At least they did in August when we were there. Our daughter had them take her to the tennis courts from below the main office.

Does the resort feel crowded or near empty? It was a zoo in August.

It feels near empty. However, at night all the parking spaces are full.
They do have on demand shuttle service for anywhere in the resort. This was new last summer. They also increased the shuttles to Crystal Gove Beach.
We will try that out this week.

After taking a walk by the new buildings, it looks to me that 4500 would be the best. Ocean and golf course view.
If you get 4300, or 4400, you want to request a higher floor as the 4000,4100 and 4200 are in front of those buildings.
4600 starts to turn and 4700 looks over the valley.

The new pool is suppose to be finished by the end of next June ('09)

Last edited:

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Thanks for the scoop on the activities and 4500 Bldg. I requested a top floor, after Summer 2007 in a sleepless bottom unit with ceiling noise all day and night.

This is actually a Girl's Trip, no kids! My mom and her friends are going the 1st half of the week then my girlfriends (soccer mom's) and I, Thurs-Sun. I wish there was Yoga on the weekend... Your posts are getting me excited about the trip!!

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Glad you were able to use the week! You will have a great time. Just look at the sunset today..

Sorry, I couldn't post the picture so I made it mr new avatar at left!

Last edited:

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Picture of Newport Beach sunset today. I think I finally got it.

Attachments

• P1200008.JPG
    P1200008.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the 4300 building now and have a great view. On demand (dial 0) shuttle will pick you up at your building and will take you to the pool area and back. New buildings have flat screen TV's.

Have eaten at The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove, Modo mio Italian, on E. Coast Hwy. (near Trader Joe's) Pacific Whey Cafe (same area), Javier Mexican in the same shopping center. All had great food and drinks.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at NCV for the week. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them.

They just called to see if we wanted to go do the "tour" and talk about the new "improved" points. :hysterical:

We bought resale so not really interested in the points. We use our MR visa and get enough points for our hotel stays for the year. But, I will be happy to go and ask questions if anyone wishes.

Go ask for Jeremy! He is the special salesman for those who bought resale before. I talked to him on the phone last night - he assured me that no one can just buy Marriott points unless they're going directly to a purchase of a package. And he was SO happy about the new program. I got bored because I wanted to watch House. Tell him Ellen sent you.

Bill4728

Reaction score
He is the special salesman for those who bought resale before. I talked to him on the phone last night - he assured me that no one can just buy Marriott points unless they're going directly to a purchase of a package.

Ellen, you been here on TUG long enough to know that salesmen sometimes say things which just aren't true. This statement was not true. Anyone with a Marriott honors account can currently buy up to 50K pts each year for $625. ( you do not need to own a Marriott TS)

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Okay, we did the sales presentation. We said we bought resale would not buy from the developer, etc. He asked why we came to the presentation. I said we came for the $150. I think that pissed him off as we had to stay the whole 90 minutes, and have the "closers" come in.

We are here this week on a getaway for around $500. We said we have purchased getaways and come to NCV 3 to 4 times a year with our week ownership. He basically called me a lair and said NCV has never had getaways untill this year with the economy. (Psst, don't tell our kids, or my nephew who have stayed with us during the getaways)

Funny thing is I booked another week getaway for Dec. 14-21st.
So, why would we buy and have MF more than we can now rent?:doh:

some other mis-information and of course threats of internal trading will leave resale market out, won't have pts, etc. same old, same old. I was not impressed. :zzz:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, you been here on TUG long enough to know that salesmen sometimes say things which just aren't true. This statement was not true. Anyone with a Marriott honors account can currently buy up to 50K pts each year for $625. ( you do not need to own a Marriott TS)

You are very right, Bill. Of course it's not true. I posted (on my other thread) what he said - he apologized for his error. I was so pissed that he thought he was so right!!!

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Andar: Are your Getaways thru II? If not, how do you get them? TIA