• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Lagunamar

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a great meal at Cambalache.

smitty2445

TUG Member
Reaction score
At lagunamar now. Do they split the owners and guests/svn to different sections? Last year we were in building 6 and this year 10. Seems i heard 1 thru 9 are for owners and 10 thru 14 for guests or svn.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
At lagunamar now. Do they split the owners and guests/svn to different sections? Last year we were in building 6 and this year 10. Seems i heard 1 thru 9 are for owners and 10 thru 14 for guests or svn.

I was in building 4 in January and I booked with Star options.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR

I wish! I own Oceanside and have been put in Blg 14 twice. I hate that building. This last visit I asked not to be put in that building yet that’s where I was placed at a 12 month reservation-grr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitty2445

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea. Her parents came with us and they are in 14. They wouldn't put us in the same building, 10 or 14.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended the owners update less than 6 months ago. I am surprised they offered it again, including a $125 credit or 25k Bonvoy points. They did check the previous date, this was no mistake

Last edited:

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
When you come up the driveway, there is a sign pointing owners to the left (buildings 1-9), guests to the right (buildings 10-14).

smitty2445

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somehow they gave us the owner only room last year.That's too bad, we got better view of pools and beach from building 6 than this yr in building 10.
We liked watching the water change colors at night in the fountain pool while looking out at the ocean.
It was very calming.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

We've stayed at Lagunamar twice, both times during December (low season).

The first visit was an Interval exchange. We were placed high up in building 5 with a stupendous view overlooking the entire resort (fountains, pools, etc.).

Our second visit was an Interval Getaway. iirc, we were in building 11 or 12 on a middle floor, pleasant enough but not nearly as nice.

I suspect that ownership of other Vistana properties and/or having then-Starwood hotel status could also have been factors.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
We are owners at Lagunamar and have been placed in Building 1100 for the past two years. Love the location and building.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Last year we were placed in building 14 and I complained bitterly about it not being accessible to the pool or to get outside the resort with my son's wheelchair. They would not move us, and we are owners there. I wrote a complaint on Trip Advisor and they contacted me and said we would never be placed in 10-14 again. We will see in November. It is a very long walk to most everything. I am sure the people in the sports bar got sick of us walking through it many times per day, but oh well, it saved us some steps. The staff remembers us from year to year and they are now like family. No complaints about them, it is just buildings 14, 13, 12 and 11 are not great for accessing the rest of the resort. Building 13 probably has some bad views as well as it looks like the first 4 floors are covered by some sort of high bushes and there is a noisy air conditioning machine of sorts there also.

Anyway, after our 4th visit, we cook mostly in our room as one of my sons has food allergies. We make the shuttle from the airport stop at Costco and then make do with going to Soriana down the street for additional items. Costco has the best meats and the huge cartons of juice, chips, etc. Love the barbecues available at the resort and they are kept very clean. We have tried some of the places across the street in LaIsla mall and the food is decent most places and reasonable. There is also a taco place down the street along with a Domino's pizza.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
crepes flambées at Cambalache, a delicious desert to share (a lot of sugar)
upload_2019-3-9_8-49-21.png

upload_2019-3-9_8-50-49.png

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Last year we were placed in building 14 and I complained bitterly about it not being accessible to the pool or to get outside the resort with my son's wheelchair. They would not move us, and we are owners there. I wrote a complaint on Trip Advisor and they contacted me and said we would never be placed in 10-14 again. We will see in November. It is a very long walk to most everything. I am sure the people in the sports bar got sick of us walking through it many times per day, but oh well, it saved us some steps. The staff remembers us from year to year and they are now like family. No complaints about them, it is just buildings 14, 13, 12 and 11 are not great for accessing the rest of the resort. Building 13 probably has some bad views as well as it looks like the first 4 floors are covered by some sort of high bushes and there is a noisy air conditioning machine of sorts there also.

Anyway, after our 4th visit, we cook mostly in our room as one of my sons has food allergies. We make the shuttle from the airport stop at Costco and then make do with going to Soriana down the street for additional items. Costco has the best meats and the huge cartons of juice, chips, etc. Love the barbecues available at the resort and they are kept very clean. We have tried some of the places across the street in LaIsla mall and the food is decent most places and reasonable. There is also a taco place down the street along with a Domino's pizza.

Tripadvisor has a lot of power. Did they ask you to edit or remove the review?

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in building 14 before, great views and a quiet building. I think most people would love to stay there since it is right on the beach and it does not add more than 70 m walking to restaurants, reception etc. I am surprised they did not accommodate your request, i think they should have tried harder given your son's reduced mobility. I hope you will get what you want next time.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Somehow they gave us the owner only room last year.That's too bad, we got better view of pools and beach from building 6 than this yr in building 10.
We liked watching the water change colors at night in the fountain pool while looking out at the ocean.
It was very calming.

We are WLR owners and VSN elite. Our last stay they had us slated at check in for floor 2 with an obstructed view. I declined and complained as we are elite owners. Eventually they gave us a high floor, requiring a wait for the room to be ready for most of the day. I was not happy, but eventually received a good view.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have been reading lately that the new government is anti-tourism. I read that he rejected building luxury hotels next to poor neighborhoods (good for him because I Agee). The Mexican government is closing all the tourism offices in the USA. The travel agency tourism groups are very upset about this. They have canceled the new airport in Mexico City, which will hurt tourism and development for sure. My impression right now is that Mexico is a risky place between the long standing violence as well as the new anti-tourism government,

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading lately that the new government is anti-tourism. I read that he rejected building luxury hotels next to poor neighborhoods (good for him because I Agee). The Mexican government is closing all the tourism offices in the USA. The travel agency tourism groups are very upset about this. They have canceled the new airport in Mexico City, which will hurt tourism and development for sure. My impression right now is that Mexico is a risky place between the long standing violence as well as the new anti-tourism government,

i am frankly tired of your comments bashing Mexico with any opportunity. I understand that you are involved in the tourism industry. Can you please disclose if you have competing interests that may influence your comments in any way?

By the way, how many people need to rely on a government owned tourism office to make a decision to travel to one country or another? According to Travelweek.ca: "the money saved from dissolving the CPTM and closing the MTB offices will reportedly be diverted to funding the so-called Mayan Train, the 1,500-kilometre rail line linking Campeche, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco and the Yucatan. The proposed $7.4 billion railway is aimed at creating more economic development in some of Mexico’s top tourism destinations". So the money is not taken away from tourism.

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am frankly tired of your comments bashing Mexico with any opportunity. I understand that you are involved in the tourism industry. Can you please disclose if you have competing interests that may influence your comments in any way?

Didn’t realize Traveltime likes to post negative things about Mexico. When I read posts I rarely even notice or make the connection to who the users are. In any case, the post about Mexico being anti tourism is ridiculous as it brings in money to their country like nothing else. And to try to imply that this may be the reason owners are getting assigned less than stellar rooms is f’n even hilarious

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed in building 14 before, great views and a quiet building. I think most people would love to stay there since it is right on the beach and it does not add more than 70 m walking to restaurants, reception etc. I am surprised they did not accommodate your request, i think they should have tried harder given your son's reduced mobility. I hope you will get what you want next time.

I agree that building 14 is both quiet and has some great views. However, there are no ramps in the building, nor building 13, so as long as you can do steps, it is fine. My son cannot do steps, so it was a long and round about way to get to even the quiet pool right outside our window.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We are WLR owners and VSN elite. Our last stay they had us slated at check in for floor 2 with an obstructed view. I declined and complained as we are elite owners. Eventually they gave us a high floor, requiring a wait for the room to be ready for most of the day. I was not happy, but eventually received a good view.
We talk to our concierge (Emma Bohigas) before arriving, and she arranges for a good unit for us. We are 3-star elite, FWIW. We have never been assigned to buildings 10-14.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were assigned to Building 14 on the 4th floor last year at the end of the building closest to the ocean and loved it. It was a little more of a walk but we enjoyed the exercise and the view was outstanding. But I can understand due to the specific location why it may not be ideal for some.