• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Curacao Restaurants

Rick H

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be visiting Curacao for the first time in February. Any recommendations on good restaurants? We'll be staying at the Royal Sea Aquarium.

Thanks!

Rick H

rachel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rick,

I cannot answer about the restaurants, but please update on the resort when you return. We are confirmed for next year. We have never been.

Thanks,

Rachel

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It s been a few years since I have been there but the 2 restaurants that stand out were Chez Elizabeth which is a short drive from the aquarium and the place in the fort in the otrabunda at the entrance to the harbor, the name escapes me. They serve wild game among other things and if you are lucky a supertanker will transit a few yards away while you are there, very cool.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Sea Aquarium last summer and tried several restaurants while we were there. None of them stand out in my mind as being especially good or great values. Here's a quote from the review I posted:

"The resort’s restaurant, Augusto’s, had a casual outdoor setting on the water. Two more restaurants were located a short walk across the bridge. We ate at Augusto’s and Hemingway’s. Both of these offered a variety of satisfactory food at prices that were in line with other establishments on Curaçao."

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
We usually stay at Kura Hulanda Beach Resort at Westpunt, at the northwestern tip of Curacao. If you dive, you should do a beach dive at the resort, there's a dive shop (Ocean Encounters West) and a great beach. Near Westpunt are several good restaurants including Sunshine's Sol Food - open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays; Sunshine is a great cook and offers tasty well prepared dishes. It gets good reviews on tripadvisor. People enjoy Janchies also in Westpunt, lots of flowers and birds, it serves local food but is often crowded with tour buses. The restaurants at Kura Hulanda are pretty good and have wonderful views of the ocean. You should definitely check out Westpunt on your trip, it's not as developed as the area near the Sea Aquarium and makes for a good day trip.

Retired to Travel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club, Marriott Waiohai, Royal Caribbean
Our favorites are Villa Elisabeth and Bistro le Clochard.

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've not been, but am confirmed for next year. My oldest daughter went there last summer and loved it. She and her husband frequented a pizza place that picked up from the resort and would take you to the restaurant. Both she and her husband are VERY PICKY eaters though, and they stayed away from most of the restauants.

She did say that many people would take this transport option to the pizza place and while one person ordered and waited for the food, the other dashed over to a nearby grocery store to make a few purchases.