• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

workingdog

Reaction score
Anyone heard of or had any experience with a company called ctrip at trip.com. Appears to be a Chinese company.

Peter

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used them to book flights and hotels for our trip to China ~7 years ago. Everything went flawlessly. Very similar to an Expedia type experience. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you posted in the "Buying, Selling" category, let me add that there are some posts on Tripadvisor and some complaint sites about a Mexican resale scam that includes the name CTrip. The name is used to start a conversation about buying a Mexican timeshare for more than it's worth. An American escrow company is cited, but money needs to be wired to Mexico. You can guess the rest. If you are traveling - OK. If you own a Mexican timeshare - watch out.

Gibbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonita, Sunchaser at Fairmont BC
Anyone heard of or had any experience with a company called ctrip at trip.com. Appears to be a Chinese company.

Peter
They have contacted me to buy our timeshare at Pueblo Bonita in Mexico. We have 60 weeks plus 120 bonus weekends. They don’t want any money just want to give us 22480.00 US dollars. Seems hard to believe. But it would be a tidy profit fir them if sold them all for a thousand a week. I did send them a copy of the contract with all my personal info covered. Thinking that was a mistake too. Know anything more about these guys?

Gibbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone been contacted by Ctrips? They are a Chinese company that seems legit as far as a company goes. Want to buy our 15 year contract at Pueblo Bonita in Cabo. Offering a lot of money to us. No up front fee or other costs. Looking for anyone having been contacted by this company.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The hook is that you need to register as a foreign investor - or there are government fees - or there are special taxes. You WILL be asked to send money by wire to Mexico. Once you do , you will be asked to send more. For another reason. If you want to play their game, just tell them to take the fees out of your check. It won't happen. They will disappear.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If contacted out of the blue, ignore it NOBODY will EVER cold contact you to give you money. If they persist, ask them why they don't just take any of the multitude of FREE timeshares available on eBay and elsewhere.

Mind your personal information and NEVER wire money to an entity outside the USA.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Why would anyone want to give you tens of thousands for a timeshare that can be obtained for free every day of the week from multiple resellers? Does your common sense tell you this smells just a little like a scam? I sure think so. As you've been told in your other post about this, NOBODY will cold call you and offer to give you money - especially money at that level. Life just does not work that way. This is a scam. Do not fall for it.

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
If it sounds too good to be true it isn’t true....unfortunately wishful thinking. This is how many people lose money. They will ask you later on for something.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ctrip is a legitimate company. I once owned stock in the company and did quite well on the investment. However, Ctrip is essentially the Travelocity of China. They serve as an online broker for air, hotel, and other travel arrangements. They do not work in the timeshare industry. Whatever solicitation you received is a scam, and you should run farrrrr away from the whole thing and hold on to your ownership unless you decide to sell it through Redweek, TUG, or by contacting a legitimate timeshare realtor. Don't take the bait.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Unrelated Q, but how does one even use 60 weeks at a resort, not to mention 120 bonus weekends?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Probably a scammer masquerading as Ctrips. This is a common ploy.

Gibbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks folks. I get it. Nasty scam. Never went further than info about the time and weeks we have. Called the Pueblo Bonita people to make them aware and to flag our account just in case they get contacted by the scammers. Again thanks.