• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crystal Shores 3BR locations

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I don't see any availability for 3 BRs in June, but plenty of 2 BRs for every check-in date that has been released (so, up to June 17th). I can see some 3 BRs with the one week available in July as a Chairman's Club, so they probably go quickly.

I'll check again on Friday when the next week opens up.

Bill R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali OR North, Westin St. John
Abound points owners can see what is available to book and book with points through the Owners website.
If you don’t have access to that you can try asking specifically here and someone may be kind enough to have a look for you.

Who are you calling that say they can’t tell you what size/view is available?

If you are looking for a harder to get unit like a 3br at crystal shore these may book up right on release days so if you are not ready points in hand to book then your chances are lower.
Most of the time if I want something specific I check the release date and book right then- the units that I want are usually not just sitting in inventory (except Orlando).
As an MVC owner I have to choose to elect my enrolled week in advance to have the points ready to book.

Is this the only place you want to stay that you would be interested in booking with abound points?
Will you just rent if you are unable to book there with abound points- that might be the easiest/best route to take.

Not sure exactly what you mean by “unit location”- you book size and view with points. You don’t get your unit number until check in.
My wife called Vistana Elite Services. Yes, due to family preferences, this would be the only MVC property we'd want to stay in for 2025, anyway.
Hadn't thought about renting, we have never done that; this is our first step outside of Vistana. I assume look on Redweek? Whenever we have looked at any II properties, none look as nice as the Vistana ones, although obviously there are literally a world of locations! We usually go to Maui where we own, or St. John, but at this moment in time our family has a number of little ones, and they prefer not to do the travel at this point in time (next year). And interestingly, one of our kids doesn't like Hawaii and we went to St. John this year...

By Unit location I mean the different size and view categories and their points cost, not the unit number.

We know the next release date is June 30th, and after that, the next one is after or right up on our date to make the Abound election for next year.

Thanks for the response!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife called Vistana Elite Services. Yes, due to family preferences, this would be the only MVC property we'd want to stay in for 2025, anyway.
Hadn't thought about renting, we have never done that; this is our first step outside of Vistana. I assume look on Redweek? Whenever we have looked at any II properties, none look as nice as the Vistana ones, although obviously there are literally a world of locations! We usually go to Maui where we own, or St. John, but at this moment in time our family has a number of little ones, and they prefer not to do the travel at this point in time (next year). And interestingly, one of our kids doesn't like Hawaii and we went to St. John this year...

By Unit location I mean the different size and view categories and their points cost, not the unit number.

We know the next release date is June 30th, and after that, the next one is after or right up on our date to make the Abound election for next year.

Thanks for the response!
What I meant by release date is the first day you can book the dates you want with points which is 12 months (or 13 depending on membership level) ahead of check in. There is a calculator on the owners web site.

We always stay at MVC and could stay at Vistana with our abound points too if we chose to so when we elect abound points we are choosing to use them- if we don’t go one place we’ll go another.
If you are not open to several Abound options there really is no way to absolutely guarantee you will get what you want so renting through redweek or such might be the best option.

Last edited:

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Would the points chart for Crystal Shores be helpful?

IMG_20240619_112230.jpg
IMG_20240619_112304.jpg
IMG_20240619_112247.jpg

Last edited:

Bill R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would the points chart for Crystal Shores be helpful?
Thank you, but we do have that. I appreciate the help here, folks!

What I meant by release date is the first day you can book the dates you want with points which is 12 months (or 13 depending on membership level) ahead of check in. There is a calculator on the owners web site.

We always stay at MVC and could stay at Vistana with our abound points too if we chose to so when we elect abound points we are choosing to use them- if we don’t go one place we’ll go another.
If you are not open to several Abound options there really is no way to absolutely guarantee you will get what you want so renting through redweek or such might be the best option.
Understood and we have all that. Unfortunately, due to several factors, we are "limited" to early/mid-June next year. A box that's determined by everyone else's schedules!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Thank you, but we do have that. I appreciate the help here, folks!

Understood and we have all that. Unfortunately, due to several factors, we are "limited" to early/mid-June next year. A box that's determined by everyone else's schedules!
You likely missed the window for early June for 3 BRs. Crystal Shores is one of the harder places to get into...not there isn't inventory, it's just a super popular place and that inventory goes quickly. As I noted above, you should be able to grab 2 BRs for all June dates up to the 17th if you want to try renting the 3 BR somewhere.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you need it, you might need to waitlist for it. The deadline for many owners to elect 2025 weeks for points is September 30th. So some additional 3BR inventory could still show up. Though most of the 3BR units are in the new tower but MVC could still drop them into exchange. Of course that means you need to elect your VOIs for points, which it seems that is something you may not want to do if the 3BR inventory can't be guaranteed.

Bill R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: We went ahead and took the plunge, converted 2 of our Maui WKORN weeks into Abound, and lo and behold, were able to snag 4, 2 bedroom units, 1 Gulf Front, the others Gulf Side, so feeling pretty good about that. While a 3 BR GF would have been nice, this will actually work out well for family members and kids. What was really annoying is that my wife talked to 3 different people at Vistana Elite Services and each told her something different about the inventory and what they could see. She talked to one person this morning who said there was only an Island View 3 BR available, nothing else! So annoying! But having taken the risk, we have what we want, for the week we preferred!

Now we have a couple thousand MVC points "left over" we need to decide what to do with next year!

Thanks for the input, folks!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: We went ahead and took the plunge, converted 2 of our Maui WKORN weeks into Abound, and lo and behold, were able to snag 4, 2 bedroom units, 1 Gulf Front, the others Gulf Side, so feeling pretty good about that. While a 3 BR GF would have been nice, this will actually work out well for family members and kids. What was really annoying is that my wife talked to 3 different people at Vistana Elite Services and each told her something different about the inventory and what they could see. She talked to one person this morning who said there was only an Island View 3 BR available, nothing else! So annoying! But having taken the risk, we have what we want, for the week we preferred!

Now we have a couple thousand MVC points "left over" we need to decide what to do with next year!

Thanks for the input, folks!
Congrats!
Crystal shores is a favorite of ours- we love walking the beach, some good restaurants right across the street (Davincis, Marco Prime and la tavola) plus the mini golf right there too. We also love the Naple botanical gardens (good cafe for lunch) and the Everglades boat tours.

Don't forget to bank your points into next year if needed.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an II match for Crystal Shores in September. When I called in to release it, they told me no. They said that it really never shows up in II. So I've got it but we still don't really want it. I did buy ePlus so I guess that I will be figuring that out. But then as I read posts about it, I do have to wonder if maybe I should really want it.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an II match for Crystal Shores in September. When I called in to release it, they told me no. They said that it really never shows up in II. So I've got it but we still don't really want it. I did buy ePlus so I guess that I will be figuring that out. But then as I read posts about it, I do have to wonder if maybe I should really want it.
So when you say “they told you no” you mean they advised you to keep the exchange?
Sounds like this was a request that matched and you were calling to decline within 24 hrs?
Also- remember September/October is hurricane season and consider travel insurance- you can only use eplus 14 days before travel now.

Last edited:

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
So when you say “they told you no” you mean they advised you to keep the exchange?
Sounds like this was a request that matched and you were calling to decline with 24 hrs?
Also- remember September/October is hurricane season and consider travel insurance- you can only use eplus 14 days before travel now.

14 days? Yikes! How did I miss that?

Hurricane season: We had a cruise to Canada in and out of NY to avoid the Caribbean. So we had to anchor in the NY harbor because the hurricane went to Canada.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
14 days? Yikes! How did I miss that?

Hurricane season: We had a cruise to Canada in and out of NY to avoid the Caribbean. So we had to anchor in the NY harbor because the hurricane went to Canada.
It was posted in “the scoop” section of the community 2/1-
Starting February 1st, 2024, members will have more time to add E-Plus to their exchange vacation. Instead of having to add E-Plus within 5 days of confirming your exchange, you will now have up until 14 days after confirmation to add this benefit. Additionally, all E-Plus retrades must be performed at least 14 days prior to check-in, allowing better availability for members and more suitable options for those that need to alter their travel plans.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We were at Crystal Shores last month and had a fabulous time…weather was great and area restaurants are very good..it is also our favorite MVC resort….We will be returning next year…@claraj..enjoy your vacation in beautiful Marco Island.

trgow

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats!
Crystal shores is a favorite of ours- we love walking the beach, some good restaurants right across the street (Davincis, Marco Prime and la tavola) plus the mini golf right there too. We also love the Naple botanical gardens (good cafe for lunch) and the Everglades boat tours.

Don't forget to bank your points into next year if needed.
Either bank or use! Trying to talk the wife into going someplace different for 4 nights or so!

This will be a full family getaway, and we have a number of “littles”, 5 and under, and hoping that the big wide beach and shallow water will be great for them, and hoping the area restaurants will be fun and good as well! When we go to Maui or St. John we typically eat a couple of dinners in - and most breakfasts - but since we are on vacation, we eat out a fair amount!
Mini golf and Everglades boat tours all sound great!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either bank or use! Trying to talk the wife into going someplace different for 4 nights or so!

This will be a full family getaway, and we have a number of “littles”, 5 and under, and hoping that the big wide beach and shallow water will be great for them, and hoping the area restaurants will be fun and good as well! When we go to Maui or St. John we typically eat a couple of dinners in - and most breakfasts - but since we are on vacation, we eat out a fair amount!
Mini golf and Everglades boat tours all sound great!
The restaurants near by have outdoor seating- there were lots of kids at Davincis and they also make creat pizza to take out. Also lots of other hotels as you walk up the beach- the JW has an outdoor restaurant and ice cream pkace.
Naples botanical garden is great for kids too- they often have a kids activity going on.

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
The restaurants near by have outdoor seating- there were lots of kids at Davincis and they also make creat pizza to take out. Also lots of other hotels as you walk up the beach- the JW has an outdoor restaurant and ice cream pkace.
Naples botanical garden is great for kids too- they often have a kids activity going on.
We ate at DaVincis twice during our recent stay at Crystal Shores…they have a 4:30-6:00 Happy Hour daily that imo is the best on Marco Island..They have dinner specials during Happy Hour where you can eat at the bar…the vibe and food was fabulous.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I'm at Crystal Shores this week and it is my second time visiting; I was here this time last year. I was assigned the same exact villa as last year. What are the chances?