• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruises to start from US this month?????

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see any indication of June cruises out of the US. Some plan to start in July though.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Strange - I received the below email from Marriott Cruise desk, but yet I'm not seeing it blasted all over news feeds yet.

This is from the CDC just a month ago they advise not to travel on cruise ships. But if you do make sure you buy travel insurance and consider buying extra travel insurance in case of emergency evacuation....
I'm guessing CDC's recommendations will change again before July.
RAL
What is the current situation?
On May 5, 2021, CDC released the next two phases of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order (CSO, originally issued October 30, 2020) for cruise ships operating or seeking to operate in U.S. waters. The CSO is a phased approach to resuming passenger operations on cruise ships. The initial phases required crew screening to determine the prevalence of COVID-19 among all crew members currently on cruise ships in U.S. waters. Previous phases provided information about agreements between cruise lines and port and local health authorities, updates to the color-coding system used to classify ships' status with respect to COVID-19 on board, and information about routine crew testing. With these next phases, CDC is providing additional instructions related to cruise ships preparing to conduct simulated (“trial”) voyages in advance of restricted passenger voyages under a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate. With the issuance of these next two phases, cruise ship operators now have all the necessary requirements and recommendations they need to start simulated voyages before resuming restricted passenger voyages and apply for a COVID-19 conditional sailing certificate to begin sailing with restricted passenger voyages. CDC may adjust these requirements and recommendations based on public health considerations and other factors.

At this time, CDC still recommends avoiding any travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide, because the risk of COVID-19 on cruise ships is very high. It is especially important that people with an increased risk of severe illness avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises. Cruise passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, and outbreaks of COVID-19 have been reported on cruise ships because of their congregate (group) settings where COVID-19 spreads easily.

What can travelers do to protect themselves and others?
CDC recommends that travelers avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide. For most travelers, cruise ship travel is voluntary and should be rescheduled for a future date. Do not board a cruise ship if you have symptoms of COVID-19, if you know you have COVID-19, if you were exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or you are waiting for results of a COVID-19 viral test. If you are considering cruise travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, discuss this type of travel with your healthcare provider. Older adults and people of any age with underlying medical conditions are at increased risk of severe illness if infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.

If you go on a cruise during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Before you travel:

• Get fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if a vaccine is available to you.
    • People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after a single dose in a one-dose series or last dose in a two-dose series.
  • Get tested with a COVID-19 viral test 1–3 days before your departure, even if you are fully vaccinated.
    • If you test positive, isolate and do NOT travel.
  • Get travel insurance. Make sure you have a plan to get care overseas, in case you need it. Consider buying additional insurance that covers health care and emergency evacuation, especially if you will be traveling to remote areas.
While you are traveling:
  • Stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you. It’s important to do this everywhere—both indoors and outdoors.
  • Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations.
  • Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
  • Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
  • If you have symptoms of COVID-19, stay in your cabin, and notify the onboard medical center immediately.
If you are returning to an international port or disembarking an international river cruise:
  • Your return travel plans may be affected. Foreign health officials may implement formal quarantine procedures if they identify a case of COVID-19 aboard your cruise ship.
  • If you travel on a cruise ship or river cruise and disembark in a foreign port, you might not be able to receive appropriate medical care or be medically evacuated if you get sick.
  • Some countries might refuse to dock your ship or allow passengers to disembark.
If you return to the United States by air:
  • All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
After you travel:
If you are fully vaccinated:

• Get tested 3–5 days after your trip.
  • If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
  • Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after travel; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
  • You do NOT need to stay home and self-quarantine after cruise travel.
If you are not fully vaccinated:

• Get tested 3–5 days after your trip.
  • If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
  • Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after travel; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
  • Stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after cruise travel, even if you test negative.
  • If you do not get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after cruise travel.
  • Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Cruise Line announced more cancellations today. It appears to maybe be a staffing issue. Makes sense with no definite date they could start back up for so long, I can see why it would take some time to replenish staff and train.

Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information
June 8, 2021

US & Canada Departures

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream on June 29. This is an important next step toward our gradual and responsible resumption of service in U.S. waters. While we continue to work closely with the CDC to refine our new health and safety protocols, it will take some time to bring our Crew back on board and prepare our ships to welcome Guests once again. Therefore, it is necessary for us to cancel Disney Dream departures through August 6, 2021, Disney Fantasy departures through August 28, 2021, Disney Wonder departures through September 19, 2021, and Disney Magic departures in the US through November 4, 2021.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
June 26th. Celebrity Edge out of Ft Lauderdale.

That might be a wait and see. I am trying to book a cruise and my TA said that to avoid Florida. If one person shows up and tests positive before boarding, the whole thing cancels. Ouch! So we started looking at Alaska. At this point I can't put a third person in a cabin on Celebrity. The story I hear is that they need to be 95% vax. I can do a single supplement though. So they seem to be trying to "reduce" the number of children sailing to hit that 95% rate. And even if that third person is vax, they aren't budging.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
That might be a wait and see. I am trying to book a cruise and my TA said that to avoid Florida. If one person shows up and tests positive before boarding, the whole thing cancels. Ouch! So we started looking at Alaska. At this point I can't put a third person in a cabin on Celebrity. The story I hear is that they need to be 95% vax. I can do a single supplement though. So they seem to be trying to "reduce" the number of children sailing to hit that 95% rate. And even if that third person is vax, they aren't budging.

Also note;
If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed.
  • Get travel insurance. Make sure you have a plan to get care overseas, in case you need it. Consider buying additional insurance that covers health care and emergency evacuation, especially if you will be traveling to remote areas.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Caribbean announces restrictions on non-vaccinated passengers.

Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only,” the line said in the statement. “We’ll do our best to create opportunities for all guests to enjoy their time with us.”

Among the restrictions that unvaccinated passengers will face:

• They will not be able to sign up for My Time Dining in the ship’s main dining room — the type of dining where passengers can arrive whenever they want and sit with whomever they want. They’ll be restricted to a fixed dining time and be assigned to a designated area specifically for unvaccinated passengers.
  • They will not be able to participate in some activities.
  • They will not be able to access all venues.
  • They will not be able to attend certain performances of theater shows that will be restricted to vaccinated passengers only.
Unvaccinated passengers also will have to wear masks at all times when in interior areas of the ship. Vaccinated passengers will have to wear masks at some times in interior areas but will be able to take them off when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment areas) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only,” the line said in the statement. “We’ll do our best to create opportunities for all guests to enjoy their time with us.”

• They will not be able to sign up for My Time Dining in the ship’s main dining room — the type of dining where passengers can arrive whenever they want and sit with whomever they want. They’ll be restricted to a fixed dining time and be assigned to a designated area specifically for unvaccinated passengers.
  • They will not be able to attend certain performances of theater shows that will be restricted to vaccinated passengers only.
Unvaccinated passengers also will have to wear masks at all times when in interior areas of the ship. Vaccinated passengers will have to wear masks at some times in interior areas but will be able to take them off when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment areas) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.
Wow, the price of fake vaccination cards just jumped!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, the price of fake vaccination cards just jumped!
Users of such would jeopardize not only themselves, but the rest of the passengers and crew as they all have to get tested before disembarking back in the US. If positive, the whole ship could be quarantined for 2 weeks. Remember early Spring 2020 when dozens of cruise ships full of passengers cruised to nowhere, with passengers restricted to cabins.

My crystal ball doesn't show what WILL happen, only what might.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

I wonder how they will identify said unvaccinated people while onboard the ship? I can see how they can keep them out of certain venues and performances if they scan their ship card in order to enter, but while out and about without a mask, how does a crew member know?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they will identify said unvaccinated people while onboard the ship? I can see how they can keep them out of certain venues and performances if they scan their ship card in order to enter, but while out and about without a mask, how does a crew member know?
Wristbands and a hole punched in the bearer's key card (SeaPass) that has to be shown on entry to all venues aboard.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Call me a cockeyed optimist but we booked a 7 night Septmeber r/t Seattle to Alaska cruise aboard the Celebrity Millennium last evening. We are headed to Portland area to visit my sisters et al and decided that this cruise fits perfectly with our time with them. We've visited the three ports of call previously so looking at different adventures ashore- of which there are many!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Users of such would jeopardize not only themselves, but the rest of the passengers and crew as they all have to get tested before disembarking back in the US. If positive, the whole ship could be quarantined for 2 weeks. Remember early Spring 2020 when dozens of cruise ships full of passengers cruised to nowhere, with passengers restricted to cabins.

My crystal ball doesn't show what WILL happen, only what might.
I agree, but I also think those who purchase such fake cards don’t care.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
I feel sorry for the Royal Caribbean cruise ship staff, it will be up to them to enforce these restrictions. I am thinking these restrictions will lead to some confrontations on the ship. No one likes to see that while on vacation.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I feel sorry for the Royal Caribbean cruise ship staff, it will be up to them to enforce these restrictions. I am thinking these restrictions will lead to some confrontations on the ship. No one likes to see that while on vacation.

Yes. And this is the same staff that couldn’t get people to wash their hands, or even use hand sanitizer, before dinner pre-pandemic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between a cruise ship security staff person and a cruise ship service staff. I feel / I know cruise ship security do not play games and they will confirm you to your state room or locked you up in their brig

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There is a difference between a cruise ship security staff person and a cruise ship service staff. I feel / I know cruise ship security do not play games and they will confirm you to your state room or locked you up in their brig

Is it your assumption that cruise security will be enforcing entry into venues and events that require vaccinations and not cruise staff? I haven’t seen anything that states this.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it your assumption that cruise security will be enforcing entry into venues and events that require vaccinations and not cruise staff? I haven’t seen anything that states this.

Exactly, and you rarely see security staff walking up and down the corridors. It will be left up to the regular service staff to enforce these policies.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel the security staff will be call upon by a cruise ship staff officer to handle any cruise passenger that will not obey & become unruly on a cruise ship . This is a current cruise policy. Currently Cruise security staff monitors every decks and ventures on a cruise ship via electronics monitors 24/7.

They are responsible for the cruise ship safety, the crew & crew officers and the cruise passengers.

Cruise security staff can tell you right now who boarded the cruise ship, the date & time and who left a cruise ship. They must account for every cruise passenger and cruise ships crew member.

They also used facial recognition and closed circuit monitoring systems to monitor activities on a cruise ship.

Last edited:

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
While we were in Florida last week (Sunday, June 13, 2021), we saw the Disney Dream in Port Canaveral docking with staff in it and lights on in several boat locations. They had a guy in what looked like a space suit coming out of one of the crew entries, so I suspect they are doing a deep clean right now on the boat.

We also saw Carnival's Mardi Gras in Port Canaveral docking on the other side, with crew on board that cleaning. (I must say, that roller coaster on the top of the Mardi Gras next to the water slide looks like amazing fun.)

My spouse had heard that Disney and some of the other cruise companies have gotten permission to resume cruises and had moved smartly to take advantage of that permission. I had heard that Disney was docking ships at their private island, Castaway Cay, during Covid to save on port docking fees. The same with some of the other cruise operators that own their own Caribbean islands.

But, it definitely looked like cleaning and stocking was going on for Disney Dream and Carnival Mardi Gras!

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
In reading some of the responses, World of Disney shopping was not requiring masks for anyone vaccinated (and 2 weeks past last shot). However, there is no card check. It's an honor system. Disney restaurants were requiring masks for entrance for all. It's possible that the policies changed between our last Disney restaurant visit and the World of Disney shopping on our final day in Orlando. The restrictions are dropping.

Discovery Cove is no longer requiring masks for those vaccinated. It's an honor system on that also, and it's cleverly worded. They explain the policy, then coyly ask, "How many masks does your party require?" Discovery Cove was also having people keep the snorkel portion of their snorkeling gear to take home as it's probably too much trouble to clean it.

SeaWorld also does not require masks for customers, just staff. We were at the gate of Magic Kingdom and I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if the people entering the park were masked. All staff in all venues are still masked.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I've read the entire thread carefully. I don't know if they can ask for your vaccine status. It's HIPAA information and not even my workplace that is demanding all employees be vaccinated to return to the offices can ask us. Instead they've asked us to voluntarily identify.