• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crown Park Resort

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
We confirmed our exchange into the Crown Park Resort with a May 16th check in. From what I have been able to gather, this is a fairly new but very nice resort. Because of that, there is not much written about the resort on either TUGs or Tripadvisor. I am hoping to get some help from those whom are either owners or visitors to the Crown Park.

We have been assigned unit 704, which is a one bedroom. Can anyone tell me about this unit, or one bedroom’s in general since unit assignments can change?

I understand there is a parking garage. Is parking free? Is it big enough to park everyone or does it overflow, (not that it should matter in May)?

We will be there for the last day of the Scottish Festival, any advise for first timers?

Even though it is mid May, should I expect a lot of travelers?

We will be driving in north on I75, is there a better way to get to Gatlinburg than on I40?

Thanks for any help…….

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you get to downtown Knoxville on I 40, don't do the road construction detour. Take the 441 exit at downtown Knoxville just before you have to exit for the I-40 detour. Stay on Hwy 441 to Pigeon forge. The road is 4 lane all the way and will save considerable time. At Sevierville follow the signs. You will turn right at a Walgreens where the sign says to Pigeon Forge, then right again after a few hundred yards. This will take you all the way through Pigeon Forge and in to Gatlinburg. At what I think is red light number 10 in Gatlinburg turn left on Historic Nature Trail rd and your resort will be a couple of hundred yards up the hill on your right.

I have stayed next door to Crown Park and the resort seems nice. You can walk to everywhere in downtown Gatlinburg from this location which is great because the parking is very limited in Gatlinburg. We park our vehicle and don't leave the parking lot unless we are going to Pigeon Forge or the National Park.

I think it is always crowded in Gatlinburg, sometimes are just worse than others. When you get in the park things get a lot less crowded. Don't miss Cades Cove and our favorite restaurant is the Old Mill Restaurant in Pigeon Forge. There will be a short wait for a table but it is worth it. Right across the street from the Crown Park is the most popular breakfast place in Gatlinburg, The Log Cabin Pancake house (I always love their breakfast but the lunch is not great). There is a line every morning to get a table, but the line moves fast and you must eat here at least once. I don't eat there every time I am in Gatlinburg, but my brother will eat there at least once every time he is in town.

Have a great time and hopefully some others can give you Crown Park specifics.

Last edited:

wise one

Reaction score
Since this is an exchange, note that there is a charge for maintenance by the resort. It will depend on the size of the unit. It did not seem right to us, but we were already there and had to suck it up and pay the extortion demand.:(

We were also on the top floor. I do not remember the unit number, but the porch was smaller than those on lower floors because of the building design. Also, there was a small area outside above the porch and under the roof where the pidgeons (sp) roost at night. So, we could not use the porch in the evening without fighting the birds and putting up with their droppings. We complained, but to no avail.:(

There was plenty of parking and it was free. It is an easy walk to the strip.

We will not return to this resort. Life is too short to over pay and put up with bird droppings.