• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crested Butte

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
There are no reviews here or the RCI website on Eagles Nest townhomes. Has anyone been there recently? Or elsewhere in Crested Butte?
This would be for a ski week in 2010.
Thanks.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
We were there in 2005

We were in at the Eagles Nest in Crested Butte a few years ago. We have stayed at Eagles Nest twice in the past 6 years. This is a town home type of timeshare located up on a ridge. It is on the bus route, but we found it to cold to wait on the bus. We took our rental SUV to the slopes each day. You can see the mountains from these units and the views are wonderful. Each unit has a heated parking garage with the washer and dryer in the garage. You walk up one flight of stairs to reach the unit.

When we were there, the units were clean and the furniture was in good shape. The master bedroom had a King bed, the second a queen and the third bedroom was small with 2 twins. The downstairs contains a sleeper sofa and a 3rd half bath. The first two bedrooms are up a flight of stairs and the last bedroom with the twins is up another flight. These units can easily sleep 8 - but I only recall sitting for around 6 at the dining room table. There are only about 2-3 units that are timeshare in this building. The rest are individually owned. There is a indoor hot tub, but you will have to walk down a drive way and be careful it can be slippery.

This is a nice trade and I would not hesitate to take it. The town of Crested Butte is very cool. It is kind of hard to get to, the easiest is to fly into Grand Junction. You could fly into Montrose or Denver, but it is a longer drive.

Have fun!

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
creste butte

We stayed at Eagles's Nest a few years ago. I agree with the previous post - townhomes were fine - we were there over new years and had a nice view of the torch parade down the mountain.

the downside is the hot tub is a "home type" shared by the set of townhomes. we did have use of the pool down the way at the checkin resort - but kind of felt like second class citizens.

Don't know the type of skiing you are looking for - we typically go to larger resorts (steamboat, jackson, vail, winterpark/maryjane, snowbird/alta, breckenridge area). we found creste butte to be "not enough mountain" for the week (and the drive from Colorado Springs). We thought it was a nice "3 day mountain". We fly from the east coast and are looking for a solid 7-10 day ski experience.

The town and restaurants were delightfull.

I do NOT recommend flying into Denver and then connecting into Colorado Springs (COS) to shorten the drive. Either fly to Denver and take the LONG drive in, fly into COS from somewhere other than denver, or fly into Gunnison.

The commuter connection from Denver to COS is too flakey to be worthwhile.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Took it

Thanks, Sandcastle & Floridaski. I think we will enjoy Crested Butte since we are in our 60's and usually only ski 4 days out of a week. My hope is for us to try out most of the ski resorts out West we haven't been to yet- Steamboat '09, Crested Butte 2010 and then we'll try for Sun Valley, Beaver Creek/Vail & the Cottonwood Canyon Utah resorts, God willing & health & economy permitting!

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Not as large as Vail or other resorts - but still great

I agree that Crested Butte is not as large as Vail or other resorts out West. But they do have excellent skiing and we did not have any problem with the amount of terrain. They have some of the best "extreme" skiing in the country. They tend to have more blue/black/ double and triple black runs then green. If you can ski blue runs you will be fine. If you are hoping for a green run mountain, they have some greens but it is slightly limited for green runs - it sounds like you will be fine if you ski every year. It is a beautiful, out of the way place.

Someplace you should add if you have not been is Jackson Hole, it is so beautiful it is beyond words. Have fun!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTDT

We did ski Jackson Hole before we got into t/sing. It fascinates me that there is lots of availability there thru RCI, because, aside from the skiing there and at Grand Targhee, it is a great old west town with lots to do, and great places to eat so it's definitely a winter trade non-skiers should consider.