• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Credit pooling question again

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I credit pool my 2017 points and make a reservation for 2016 but ended up cancelling the reservation what will happen to the points?

Thanks in advance

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I credit pool my 2017 points and make a reservation for 2016 but ended up cancelling the reservation what will happen to the points?

Thanks in advance

They go back to the credit pool with the original (credit pool) expiration.

Psl

TUG Review Crew: Elite
Reaction score
Can we put a portion of 2017 points in the credit pool now? And later put more 2017 points in the credit pool?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Can we put a portion of 2017 points in the credit pool now? And later put more 2017 points in the credit pool?

Yes, but you'll have to pay the fee a second time.

Psl

TUG Review Crew: Elite
Reaction score
Is this accurate? Credit pool points can not be used for ARP reservations.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score

I vaguely recall that you can't pool points earlier than 10 months before the start of the UY, but I could be wrong about that. If I am right, and you have a January UY, then you can pool 2107 points starting March 1, 2016.

Edited to add: It appears I am wrong. The 10 month-prior-to-UY-start date is for external exchange deposits.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall that you can't pool points earlier than 10 months before the start of the UY, but I could be wrong about that. If I am right, and you have a January UY, then you can pool 2107 points starting March 1, 2016.

Edited to add: It appears I am wrong. The 10 month-prior-to-UY-start date is for external exchange deposits.

You got it regarding external exchanges

Regarding Credit Pool : you can deposit 2018 points now (or as soon as they complete their end of the year processing)

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Or at least I can't think of one.

Once they are pooled, they cannot be used for RCI. The old workaround of book-cancel-deposit no longer works, because the points backing the cancelled reservation revert to the pool with their original expiration date.

This makes pool credits much more flexible for internal use (they never get locked to just one use year), but they can no longer be used externally.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
My current strategy (for DVC) is to continue to pool everything at the start of the use year, and use the next UY's points to cover any matching RCI exchanges if necessary. This leaves me "naked" for January and February, where I can't deposit the next year's points to RCI yet. But, I'm not usually looking at DVC for the May-August timeframe, so not being able to confirm searches then is not likely to be a problem.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you only deposit current use year points in RCI?

Right now I have 0 - 2016 points. I have booked 3 reservations for Wyndham Glacier Canyon (40,000 points each made with 2017 credit pool points), 30,600 2017 credit pool points, and 679,000 points for 2018. We were fortunate to pay transfer fees only for 189,000 points from an owner wanting to get out of his Wyndham timeshare. Wyndham told me that those points should in our account in the next two weeks. (They received the paperwork and fees on November 10.) I should have 189,000 points that expire on March 31, 2016, and then another 189,000 points that expire on March 31, 2017.

I have an extra 51,000 points in RCI right now. That means I can't do anything in RCI until these new 189,000 points are deposited, right?

If I don't respond to this match in RCI, will it continue to match over the next few weeks or do I lose it (and the ability to match that week/day/resort) completely?

Elizabeth O.

Reaction score
Are there any other major negatives to credit pooling? We have 395,000 points in even years and 500,000 in odd years. We are VIP gold (grandfathered), so we have a few months before we have to decide. Due to moving in the early part of this year and a death in the family in the later part of the year we wound up with a lot of leftover points that we transferred to RCI.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you only deposit current use year points in RCI?
You can deposit a UY's points from ten months prior to the start of the UY through the last day of the UY. So, Jan-Dec 2016 points can be deposited as early as March 1, 2015 or as late as December 31, 2016.

Remember, you can also rent points to deposit to RCI. To do it directly, it appears you have to call ($10/K). You can instead rent to book something online in the current UY ($8/K), cancel it, and have the points return to the UY of the booking, and deposit those. However, I don't think the site will let you rent unless you have no other points that could apply, so you'd have to have phantom reservations soaking up all the pool credits first.