• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Craig Lodge v Suites

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
I've searched in the forum, but have not seen this discussion - maybe I missed this, so if so, please point me in the right direction.

What is the difference between the Craig Lodges and Craig Suites?

Are both (Suites and Lodge) eligible for Elite status in HGVC?
I read one area talking about Certificate of Holiday - do I care about that when adding to my HGVC points?

I kinda doubt we will ever go there (never say never though), but the offered pricing and MF look good and appear generally in line with Vegas

our intended use:
  • add to our existing HGVC pool
  • add to our elite status point (actually, achieve elite status, as we have 13,440 qualifying points now)
  • use until we are "done" and then have an active resale opportunity to (at a minimum) pass the deed (or whatever) on to someone else
thanks for thoughts.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Suites is owned by HGV, Lodges are an affiliate managed by HGV. Resale Lodges count for elite when bought from the HGV resale office there but resale Suites don't count for elite. A retail Suites purchase would put you in Max, not Elite.

I think Suites are higher MF/pt but both points and be used in HGVC.

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
I've searched in the forum, but have not seen this discussion - maybe I missed this, so if so, please point me in the right direction.

What is the difference between the Craig Lodges and Craig Suites?

Are both (Suites and Lodge) eligible for Elite status in HGVC?
I read one area talking about Certificate of Holiday - do I care about that when adding to my HGVC points?

I kinda doubt we will ever go there (never say never though), but the offered pricing and MF look good and appear generally in line with Vegas

our intended use:
  • add to our existing HGVC pool
  • add to our elite status point (actually, achieve elite status, as we have 13,440 qualifying points now)
  • use until we are "done" and then have an active resale opportunity to (at a minimum) pass the deed (or whatever) on to someone else
thanks for thoughts.
Certificate of Holiday is the equivalent of Right to Use. I own at the lodges so can’t comment about the suites. You don’t receive a deed for the property, instead you get an RTU. For your purposes it doesn’t matter. In fact, some claim it is better since there’s no real estate transaction recorded unlike US based properties.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The lodges will be a RTU in perpetuity.

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Does it come with Right Not to Use - I mean easy to exit?
Yes. In theory, you can just stop paying maintenance fees and after a certain period of time your week goes back to the HOA to be re-sold. I’m not sure what would happen if you have an outstanding loan though.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. In theory, you can just stop paying maintenance fees and after a certain period of time your week goes back to the HOA to be re-sold. I’m not sure what would happen if you have an outstanding loan though.
I don't think you would have a loan for resale Lodges. Suites you could though but I don't think those are RTUs.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is an example of a Suites for sale. Completely different closing costs then Lodges. These are the same as US deeds. Lodges are a 195 pound legal fee and a 347 pound points activation fee

1000007575.png