• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Craftmatic

Janis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious infomercials and targeting of seniors - are these actually good beds?

A friend of mine's mom has moved to a nursing home and is selling her craftmatic queen size bed... My Dad might be interested in it as it's almost new.

But - we really don't know anything about them other than the sales pitches on TV..

Anyone have actual experience with one?

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
#2 Son

and his wife have this kind of bed and really love it. Each side of the bed moves with its own set of controls. Our son has many herniated discs in his back, is a cancer survivor, & is always hurting. This all started when he was 33 yo. BTW, how about germs? That would be the only thing that I'd worry about.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
BTW, how about germs? That would be the only thing that I'd worry about.
You would come into contact with more germs opening a store entrance door than you would ever contact on a mattress with fresh pad and sheets...

I guess you could have it steam cleaned if you were that paranoid. How do you sleep in timeshares? Standing up? :rofl:

Kurt

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Class Action Lawsuit

I don't know anything about the quality of Craftmatic beds, but my guess is they're very overpriced because of marketing costs. I believe there's a significant class action lawsuit against them for deceptive marketing practices. Actually, I also saw an investigative report (Obviously, I'm watching far too much television) showing a sales meeting that was really disgusting in terms of their marketing practices toward Seniors, their primary customers.

Last edited:

Janis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend is selling it for $350 - so we're not worried about the marketing costs. Just trying to figure out if it's worth him dumping his old bed and getting this one instead...

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does he have a hospital-style bed already? I don't think the mattress is anything special--it's the "raise your head, raise your feet, raise your head OR feet, or simply lie flat" mechanism that makes it worthwhile for an older person or anyone with mobility issues or pain that might be eased by better support.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If his current bed needs replacing anyway, why not? The worst that can happen is he has something to sell before he pays retail for a new bed. At $350, the Craftmatic is what, maybe 25-30% of new cost. Or someday he can get a new mattress for it and he has a $350 box spring.

I'd go for it.

On the other hand, if his current bed is a 6-month-old deluxe memory-foam outfit, I'd probably pass.

Jim Ricks

Janis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how old is bed is - but I'm guessing at least 20 years. He's not big on home decorations. I just thought since he reads in bed and watches TV, that it might make him more comfortable

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
If his bed is 20-plus years old, then I would get the Craftmatic. His old bed has paid its dues, and the Craftmatic probably will come in handy at some point. I know when I've been in the hospital, it IS nice to have that sitting-up feature.

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had one of those years ago and did like it for reading, watching t.v. But then one night the power went out before we went to sleep. Well, we had to sleep in the upright position all night. So just keep that in mind. It is a possibility
Pat

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My friend is selling it for $350 - so we're not worried about the marketing costs. Just trying to figure out if it's worth him dumping his old bed and getting this one instead...

Yes, I figured that out from your post but thought others might find the class action suit helpful information. After seeing the report, I would not purchase from this company. If a bed is available at a highly discounted price, that's much different. I suppose there are a lot of these available used because of the age of their target clients.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Buy the bed. That's a great price. We've had an Electropedic bed (same idea as Craftmatic) for 20 years and we absolutely love it. We have two twins pushed together to make a king size bed. Each of us can control our own side and it's great for watching tv, reading, or just getting in a comfortable position to sleep.

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
You would come into contact with more germs opening a store entrance door than you would ever contact on a mattress with fresh pad and sheets...

I guess you could have it steam cleaned if you were that paranoid. How do you sleep in timeshares? Standing up? :rofl:

Kurt

Ouch! Ouch!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mom had one for years and years, and she loved it. Said it was the best thing she ever bought and altho a tightwad never complained about how much it cost. For that cost go for it. shaggy