• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid Testing Hilton Head Area

Hornet441

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in HHI and will need a Covid test test to fly back to Canada from Savannah on Monday morning. Any suggestions or information is appreciated.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Walgreens has drive up testing and let you know results in a couple of hours.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You can do Antigen now to get back to Canada, so most drug stores like CVS or Walgreens should have appointments. You should have results back within the hour.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Yes, definitely get the Walgreens test, but make sure to get their IDNow (a NAAT) test and not the rapid or PCR. It is still accepted, but not mandatory, by the Canadian Govt and results are good & accepted for 72 hrs. You must book a few days in advance (I found the biggest choice of appts after midnight or very early in the am) on this website. COVID-19 Testing | Select Location | Walgreens Use the address of where you are staying and check off (if asked) that you don't have any isnce. You will be asked for ID at the drive-up window but in all our visits the employee did not take a close look at it, I doubt she could even read my name from where I was sitting in the passenger seat. The test is free and results will be emailed within an hour or 2.

~Diane

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Yes, definitely get the Walgreens test, but make sure to get their IDNow (a NAAT) test and not the rapid or PCR. It is still accepted, but not mandatory, by the Canadian Govt and results are good & accepted for 72 hrs. You must book a few days in advance (I found the biggest choice of appts after midnight or very early in the am) on this website. COVID-19 Testing | Select Location | Walgreens Use the address of where you are staying and check off (if asked) that you don't have any isnce. You will be asked for ID at the drive-up window but in all our visits the employee did not take a close look at it, I doubt she could even read my name from where I was sitting in the passenger seat. The test is free and results will be emailed within an hour or 2.
Agree 100%. I have used the Walgreen’s NAAT testing my last 3 trips to HHI with very quick results. My last trip I needed to get on the booking site just after midnight to get a booking when I wanted but I figured that out by watching the site for a few days. Things may be slower now on the site. I use the resort address with no problems. Just make sure you know the address when going to the drive thru as they usually ask you to confirm the address.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Friends just went to Walgreens on Fording Island Rd in Bluffton and were told they won't test non-Americans. :cry:
Could they refer them to someone who could test non-Americans.
Suggestion, Could they contact the state or local health departments for more information?

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Friends just went to Walgreens on Fording Island Rd in Bluffton and were told they won't test non-Americans. :cry:

That must be just that particular store managers policy. Literally dozens, if not hundreds, of Canadian Snowbirds are getting tested at Walgreens for their spring trip home every day. Our DD just had her test yesterday at a Walgreens in Englewood FL. When a person books an appointment online, as required to do, there is nowhere that asks your nationality. Perhaps your friends mistake was actually going into the store instead of booking an appointment online for the drive-thru testing. Most folks are asked to show ID to prove they are the person with the appointment. In all the Facebook Snowbirds groups I belong to, and our large circle of Snowbird friends and neighbours, we have not heard of anybody being denied the test.

~Diane

Hornet441

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane, they booked online and went to the drive thru. and were denied. I guess they are the first. So don't go to the Walgreens on Fording Isand Rd in Bluffton SC.

They did refer them to a local pharmacy (Ulmer on Bluffton Rd), walked in and did the test. Cost $105 USD.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have anyone hear about the new parking regulations on Hilton Head Island?

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Diane, they booked online and went to the drive thru. and were denied. I guess they are the first. So don't go to the Walgreens on Fording Isand Rd in Bluffton SC.

They did refer them to a local pharmacy (Ulmer on Bluffton Rd), walked in and did the test. Cost $105 USD.

Thanks, I have posted a warning about that location on my Facebook Snowbirds groups. Hopefully it is just some crazy store rule!

~Diane

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

That to me sounds like discrimination.

Thinking out loud, but maybe it is an issue of payment? i.e. US Taxpayers will pay for testing and vaccines while those that hold foreign passports can not get it done at no charge? Again, just an opinion and have no idea if payment is the actual issue or not.....

I'm sure others will also have their guesses or opinions to post.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I agree it is discriminatory and makes little sense. They should do it for anyone. I could understand them saying they don’t take Canadian coverage … but refusing to do it does not make sense.

Testing and vaccinations are PUBLIC health measures. There is no citizenship or even “legal presence” requirement for that matter.

That to me sounds like discrimination.

Thinking out loud, but maybe it is an issue of payment? i.e. US Taxpayers will pay for testing and vaccines while those that hold foreign passports can not get it done at no charge? Again, just an opinion and have no idea if payment is the actual issue or not.....

I'm sure others will also have their guesses or opinions to post..

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree it is discriminatory and makes little sense. They should do it for anyone. I could understand them saying they don’t take Canadian coverage … but refusing to do it does not make sense.

Testing and vaccinations are PUBLIC health measures. There is no citizenship or even “legal presence” requirement for that matter.
Walgreens provides free testing. I am sure it isn't free, but I am not sure who pays for it. I don't think they have any method to charge for it.

FWIW, we went to Walgreens today for covid tests for an upcoming cruise. We are US citizens. I scheduled appointments online over the weekend. I also rescheduled them both but made my wife's appointment for tomorrow by mistake. I fixed it this morning. When we arrived there was a long line even though when I rescheduled there were plenty of appointment times available. I noticed when I would reschedule, that time slot would drop off. So it seems that a lot of people either just scheduled today or were doing drive up. Though they do say testing is by appointment only. Though a few people were in the line for drive through prescriptions.

When we pulled up to the window, they didn't want to see ID or health cards. I held up our printed emails but I have no idea really how they knew who we were but the paperwork they gave us at the end was ours. They did ask us to verify our address, but not our date of birth. Since they didn't take our health or prescription cards, our insurance wasn't paying for it. Must be some program through a federal agency. When you make an appointment, you do have to input an address. It might be possible to use the address of whatever property you are staying at. Just be sure to know that in the event they ask you at the drive through.

All in all, it would have been pretty quick had it not have taken them extra time to print out my wife's paperwork. I suspect because I rescheduled hers on the same day, they didn't have it ready ahead of time. Results were received within an hour of being tested.