• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

COVID test @ NV Vidanta info needed

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cash only. Easy to schedule. We were able to walk in, but it is probably busier now than it was in July.
4. It's difficult to get off the resort by design. You can walk down the beach and then through SeaGarden to get to the marina. There is some decent casual dining around there.
5. We did Vallarta adventures. Rhythms of the Night and we do a swim with dolphins for daughter most years. One word of warning: It says refundable, but when you cancel, they tell you they recommend a credit because a refund takes 5 months. The trick is, you have to call to use the credits and pay full rack rate for whatever you rebook, losing any deals they offer online.
7. Highly recommend La Cantina. That was the only place in the entire property that we had a margarita that wasn't just the mix with a little tequila floated on it.
8. They want to schedule you as early as possible so you are still there drinking and basking when the rescission period has passed.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Cash only. Easy to schedule. We were able to walk in, but it is probably busier now than it was in July.
4. It's difficult to get off the resort by design. You can walk down the beach and then through SeaGarden to get to the marina. There is some decent casual dining around there.
5. We did Vallarta adventures. Rhythms of the Night and we do a swim with dolphins for daughter most years. One word of warning: It says refundable, but when you cancel, they tell you they recommend a credit because a refund takes 5 months. The trick is, you have to call to use the credits and pay full rack rate for whatever you rebook, losing any deals they offer online.
7. Highly recommend La Cantina. That was the only place in the entire property that we had a margarita that wasn't just the mix with a little tequila floated on it.
8. They want to schedule you as early as possible so you are still there drinking and basking when the rescission period has passed.

Ty1on

Thanks for the info.
Good to hear the test to leave is pretty smooth
We’ve been there before (Mar 2019) and know you have to travel quite a ways to get to cabs if you don’t walk along the beach
We plan on going to Las Calatas (fun last time we went)
Definitely will go to La Cantina. Need the real margaritas. Hopefully I can find some micro brews of some sort. One can only have Pacifico for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ty1on

Thanks for the info.
Good to hear the test to leave is pretty smooth
We’ve been there before (Mar 2019) and know you have to travel quite a ways to get to cabs if you don’t walk along the beach
We plan on going to Las Calatas (fun last time we went)
Definitely will go to La Cantina. Need the real margaritas. Hopefully I can find some micro brews of some sort. One can only have Pacifico for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salum had a couple micros I enjoyed

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
The CDC website says that you have to take your covid test within 3 days (not 72 hours) of your scheduled flight back to the U.S. The CDC website specifically says that, for instance, if you are flying out of another country to the U.S. anytime on Friday, you can get the test anytime on Tuesday. The CDC also says that if your flight is delayed by up to 24 hours because of something outside your control such as airplane mechanical problems, you are okay and do not need to re-test.

My spouse and I would like to take our covid tests as early as possible on the Tuesday before our Southwest airline 2:45pm Friday (PVR to PHX) flight to get on with our day, and to get both our hopefully negative tests in the bag as soon as possible. We also have vacation plans here for Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday.

So I made the $25 covid test appointments with Vidanta for 10:30am Tuesday, but the person who scheduled us asked what time our flight was and referred to a "72 hour" rule. Is she misinformed, or maybe just being extra safe because some other countries may go by an exact 72 hour rule? Is there any other airline or airport 72 hour rule that we are not aware of?

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
From the Southwest Airlines page:

To avoid longer processing times at the airport, complete each of these steps before arriving at the airport for your trip from Mexico to the U.S.:

1. Submit an attestation form through Southwest to the U.S. Government that confirms you are negative for COVID-19 or have recently recovered from COVID-19. Each Passenger must submit a form (if you are traveling with others, they will also have to fill out the form) within 72 hours of your trip. You can find that form here, but will be unable to complete it until you are within the 72 hour window. If you don’t complete the form before you get to the airport, you'll need to do so at the airport before boarding and may be subject to long lines.
Bring proof of your negative qualifying COVID-19 test results or proof of your recent recovery from COVID-19, which could be either of the following:
  • A physical or electronic copy of a qualifying negative COVID-19 viral test taken within 3 days (72 hours) if fully vaccinated from COVID-19, and within 1 day (24 hours) if not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated from COVID-19, before your flight’s departure to the U.S. To find testing locations in Mexico, click on a destination below or to learn about the RapidReturn COVID-19 test kits that can be taken with you on your trip, click here.
  • Your negative test result must include:
    1. Your government issued name or passport number
    2. Specimen collection date (within the past 3 days or 1 day depending on your COVID-19 vaccination status)
    3. The lab or physician’s name

Source:

There are different rules in different countries. For Belize right now, it's 48 hours with a negative antigen test and 96 hours with a PCR test.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know when we went last June (a few months ago) it's 3-days. Southwest's website is conflating things by giving both 72-hour and 3-day in the same sentence. It does make a difference. We just scheduled ours at 3 days (and since it takes forever there, at least when we did it), by the time they actually took the swab is was within our 72-hours of departure.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Last week in Cabo, I downloaded the VeriFLY app on my phone while at Playa Grande. It was a slow download (I'd suggest doing it before traveling) even with premium wifi.

The app walks you through all the steps (picture of yourself and spouse, photo of negative test papers, attestation that you have no symptoms, photo of vaccination cards).
When they have checked your documentation they send you confirmation by email. When you open the app on the phone it shows your pics with a big check on it and says,
"ready to fly". When we went to the airport, we showed that to the American Airlines rep and were immediately sent to the bag check in and boarding passes were given.

Another couple who were talking to the AA rep had none of that done, and were being made to fill out various forms.

The app is a bit cumbersome, but it works well! The PG television station at the resort had on it a list of airlines and what they preferred that you use. Many if not all wanted you to use
veriFLY.

We'll use it again January in Puerto Vallarta if it is requested. Once you fly, the app remains but your VeriFLY pass is deleted automatically.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I know when we went last June (a few months ago) it's 3-days. Southwest's website is conflating things by giving both 72-hour and 3-day in the same sentence. It does make a difference. We just scheduled ours at 3 days (and since it takes forever there, at least when we did it), by the time they actually took the swab is was within our 72-hours of departure.
We were told to take the test two days out, just in case your flight is delayed by a day. We were not delayed flying, but it made sense to us to do it that way.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We changed around our Tuesday plans and delayed our covid test appointment from 10:30am to 4pm so that it's within 72 hours of our flight. I had both the Vidanta covid test scheduler and a Southwest Airlines phone rep. tell me they think the CDC rule is within exactly 72 hours, rather than within 3 days (anytime Tuesday) as the CDC website clearly states.

After already dealing with two travel industry employees who are misinformed as to the actual CDC rule, I don't feel it's worth it to take the risk that the decision-maker at the airport is similarly misinformed.

Last edited:

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got the covid test without a hitch before the new USA rules went into effect on December 6. You need to get an antigen or PCR covid test anytime the day before your flight to the USA now.

Current CDC rules (as of 12-6-21) link below, including info regarding not needing to get a new test if your flight to the USA is delayed by up to 24 hours due to a situation outside your control such as weather or mechanical issues (towards the bottom under FAQs):

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got the covid test without a hitch before the new USA rules went into effect on December 6. You need to get an antigen or PCR covid test anytime the day before your flight to the USA now.

Current CDC rules (as of 12-6-21) link below, including info regarding not needing to get a new test if your flight to the USA is delayed by up to 24 hours due to a situation outside your control such as weather or mechanical issues (towards the bottom under FAQs):

Is Vidanta still doing the full nasal "brain tickler" swab even for Antigen? (here in the US, most antigen are only partial nasal swab where they go like halfway at most, or an inch up in your nose).

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Vidanta still doing the full nasal "brain tickler" swab even for Antigen? (here in the US, most antigen are only partial nasal swab where they go like halfway at most, or an inch up in your nose).

I hadn't had a covid test before for comparison, but the Antigen test I got at Vidanta went way up in my nose and was uncomfortable, so it probably fell into the category of brain-tickler.