• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid Forum rules change - updated 10/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
**admin edit:

ok, so since this effort has still not yet had the intended results, we will change the rules yet again in the hopes that the forum can still remain a source of information for covid travel related topics, but eliminate all the petty political/contentious nonsense that seems a good number of you are so addicted to.

so from here on out, if your post is just a link to an opinion piece, or political article or other such nonsense you know full well is going to spark a debate with the "other side", itll just get locked immediately. If you wish to discuss the merits of treatments/vaccines/political rhetoric/alex jones/the view/whatever...there is an ENTIRE INTERNET available to you outside of TUG.

stick to posts that discuss topics related to covid and travel and or timesharing. period. If i have to lock more than one thread from here on out for violating these rules, youll get a suspension.

Everyone has grown very weary of folks who continue to step across the line and take advantage of our generosity in relaxing for the sake of COVID some of our long held rules on forum behavior as long as it was limited to the COVID forum. this ends now. Enough is enough. for those of you who regularly break the forum rules under the blanket of the covid forum, today was your last day to do so.

While we wont shut down the forum and folks can continue to post COVID topics, moving forward there will simply be no more warnings given for out of the line behavior and moderators wont be tasked with simply deleting posts here and there. Instead threads will simply be locked when they cross the line, people will be suspended for continuing said behavior and the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Lets get back to focusing on Timeshares, sharing vacation information, and growing as a community.

PS. if you are not sure if you are one of the folks who this message is intended for, you more than likely are included in the intended audience for my message.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
"the beatings will continue" Are you are prison guard, pirate captain or master? Very offensive

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its called sarcasm, and a common phrase on tshirts/stickers/etc.....

everyone appears to have gotten the joke but you. if you wake up every day looking for something to offend you, youll usually be successful. pretty awful way to live however IMO.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
"the beatings will continue" Are you are prison guard, pirate captain or master? Very offensive

I wasn't offended, I thought it was funny. I often use that line myself.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not about if one is offended but if it may offend someone else. The timeshare demo on the most part may not find it offensive but that does not mean that is not to some people.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Its not about if one is offended but if it may offend someone else. The timeshare demo on the most part may not find it offensive but that does not mean that is not to some people.

I often wonder what is wrong with you.

Bill

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
:rolleyes: :wall:
Probably more eye rolling out there than you can possibly imagine....

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I often wonder what is wrong with you.

Bill

How is this post even possibly permitted on TUG, especially in this forum? Why would you think this is remotely appropriate here? This isn’t the Covid forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
How is this post even possibly permitted on TUG, especially in this forum? Why would you think this is remotely appropriate here? This isn’t the Covid forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Occasionally I wonder about you too. :)

Bill

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Occasionally I wonder about you too. :)

Bill

So considerate of you. But really, you think your earlier comment was appropriate? All I can say to that is "wow".

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
geez, some of you couldnt even help yourselves to behave in the rules update post....

should have simply locked it from the start.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, so since this effort has still not yet had the intended results, we will change the rules yet again in the hopes that the forum can still remain a source of information for covid travel related topics, but eliminate all the petty political/contentious nonsense that seems a good number of you are so addicted to.

so from here on out, if your post is just a link to an opinion piece, or political article or other such nonsense you know full well is going to spark a debate with the "other side", itll just get locked immediately. If you wish to discuss the merits of treatments/vaccines/political rhetoric/alex jones/the view/whatever...there is an ENTIRE INTERNET available to you outside of TUG.

stick to posts that discuss topics related to covid and travel and or timesharing. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.