• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid cases surge nationwide as White House warns of potential surge ahead

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Interesting is our local trend of covid infections among our friends and acquaintances is the vaccinated people are getting infected and sickness ranges from mild to severe with no deaths. The unvaccinated seem fine but they are younger and healthier.

Bill

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have something to say concerning the tread's topic, a surge of cases.

For the past two+ years, I never recall a week where I knew more than two people that had covid and most weeks I didn't know anyone with covid.

This week I know 14 people with covid and 2 more that will likely have a positive test result. Two are in DC and the rest are here in Connecticut. Most are relatives, but they are amongst five different groups that had no contact with each other.

It's fortunate that symptoms are mild. We were fortunate to have mild cases. Mine was milder than my wife's even though she had an booster and I didn't have one because of side effects.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter and sil are both school teachers. When he tested positive, we suspected that she would be next. She has now received the PCR test results which was positive. Fortunately she has mild symptoms. Her first home test was negative, she took another home test after the PCR test which is now still negative. Our 17 year old grandson still has no symptoms.

Our other sil has covid since Sunday along with the two grandchildren since Tuesday. Daughter fine.

So now 15 with covid, still waiting on test results of nephew in DC.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter and sil are both school teachers. When he tested positive, we suspected that she would be next. She has now received the PCR test results which was positive. Fortunately she has mild symptoms. Her first home test was negative, she took another home test after the PCR test which is now still negative. Our 17 year old grandson still has no symptoms.

Our other sil has covid since Sunday along with the two grandchildren since Tuesday. Daughter fine.

So now 15 with covid, still waiting on test results of nephew in DC.
sorry to hear that, I think it's inevitable that we all are going to get covid, it seems unstoppable no matter how boosted or carefully on lives. We can only pray for a mild case and a speedy recovery.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that, I think it's inevitable that we all are going to get covid, it seems unstoppable no matter how boosted or carefully on lives. We can only pray for a mild case and a speedy recovery.

We're fortunate that we didn't catch it two years ago when it seemed to be much worse.

I was actually relieved when I tested positive on Saturday after being sick since Sunday. I was mostly recovered, just tired, but my feeling was that the antibodies from covid might benefit me in the future.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was no joke, 2 years ago I wouldn't have wanted any one to be that sick as I was. Glad your casevwas mild.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's inevitable that we all are going to get covid
If not the Omicron variant, then another at some point in time.

Medical experts agree,

"Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody," Dr. Anthony Fauci told J. Stephen Morrison, senior vice president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Those who have been vaccinated ... and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death."