• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid cases surge nationwide as White House warns of potential surge ahead

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
"The virus is so mild now that unless you're unvaccinated or at high risk of complications then it's really not worth worrying about."

Those are your words in this post. Your words, without a hint of the word "I" or the suggestion that you are speaking only of yourself and your own experiences when you talk about COVID-19 in this forum. It's right there in black-and-white clear as a bell, "you" - meaning any reader.

This one might be the starkest example of the callous disregard for COVID-19 that you have and that you've repeatedly suggested others can also safely adopt, but there are plenty more found with a simple search of the forum if that's what you want. In the meantime maybe you would respond to my question above in this thread why you're so willing to be so blasé about the very real risks when you're aware of at least one person - me - who was vaccinated and nowhere near being a member of any known risk pools when I contracted a mild COVID-19 infection which has inexplicably left me in the care of two cardiologists for the foreseeable future?

It is widely accepted that if you are vaccinated and not in a high risk group then the chances of becoming ill from Covid are very low. There's no point trying to argue against that, all the experts have said that. You're in an unfortunate position in finding yourself affected long term and I don't intend to diminish that in any way however the majority of people do not develop health issues after a Covid infection. I've decided that I'm no longer going to live in fear of a virus that hasn't adversely affected me, even prior to vaccination, I'm not going to lock myself away, I'm not going to avoid doing what I enjoy, I'm not going to stifle my family's enjoyment or impact on my children's development. I certainly don't want to see a repeat of what is currently happening in China.

Sue, I'm vaccinated. If I contract Covid I self isolate until I test negative. I wear a mask when required. What more do you want me to do in terms of mitigating any risk that I might pose to you or others?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is widely accepted that if you are vaccinated and not in a high risk group then the chances of becoming ill from Covid are very low. There's no point trying to argue against that, all the experts have said that. You're in an unfortunate position in finding yourself affected long term and I don't intend to diminish that in any way however the majority of people do not develop health issues after a Covid infection. I've decided that I'm no longer going to live in fear of a virus that hasn't adversely affected me, even prior to vaccination, I'm not going to lock myself away, I'm not going to avoid doing what I enjoy, I'm not going to stifle my family's enjoyment or impact on my children's development. I certainly don't want to see a repeat of what is currently happening in China.

Sue, I'm vaccinated. If I contract Covid I self isolate until I test negative. I wear a mask when required. What more do you want me to do in terms of mitigating any risk that I might pose to you or others?
Yeah - there seems to be a group of people who are obsessive about Covid and then are upset and/or angry if the rest of us aren't.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Translation: "It's only a big deal if it is a big deal for me, personally. The families of the million dead and the millions more who suffer severe symptoms can suck it."

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Translation: "It's only a big deal if it is a big deal for me, personally. The families of the million dead and the millions more who suffer severe symptoms can suck it."

It may seem odd to you but I do care more about myself and my family over complete strangers. However I'll ask the same question of you that I asked Sue:

I'm vaccinated. If I contract Covid I self isolate until I test negative. I wear a mask when required. What more do you want me to do in terms of mitigating any risk that I might pose to you or others?

geekette

Reaction score
scary far from much ado about nothing.

i Think people forget how you became exposed, that it was selfish indifference towards what was to be a vaxxed-only small home event.

This is partially why I keep on masking at the grocery store, well past the signs about vaxxed people dont need to wear them. I can’t trust others. Those signs didn’t go up until long past the refusals to mask occurred so there wasn’t much chance, imo, that all unmasked in a store would in fact be vaxxed.

the idea that “chances are low” that I might have a bad go of covid don’t make me feel lucky enough to dump the mask. Hospitals contain lots of people that had lower chance of problems than me. Why would I risk it? The incredibly high death toll includes a lot of people that didn‘t think covid would harm them.

the idea that Im locked away or living in fear or not living my life are plain ole silly. The only person I know that is locked away is my mother, who cannot exit the facility should dementia cause her to think she can just leave. That was true before pandemic, too. A friend of mine had to move her mum from a facility after time and again the old lady was able to go wandering the streets at night. I’m glad my mother is locked in.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

My answer is fairly simple. Two things.

I want you to acknowledge that despite knowing that some are more at risk than others for severe COVID-19 illness, *none of us* can predict with any certainty whether or not we'll be an individual outlier either in the immediacy of contracting it or longterm after.

And, I want you to stop posting to social media sites any definitive statements that are untrue such as, "The virus is so mild now that unless you're unvaccinated or at high risk of complications then it's really not worth worrying about."

:)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah - there seems to be a group of people who are obsessive about Covid and then are upset and/or angry if the rest of us aren't.
Gee. Now why would that be?

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
It may seem odd to you but I do care more about myself and my family over complete strangers. However I'll ask the same question of you that I asked Sue:

I'm vaccinated. If I contract Covid I self isolate until I test negative. I wear a mask when required. What more do you want me to do in terms of mitigating any risk that I might pose to you or others?
So in other words, she want's you to stop posting to social media sites any definitive statements that she feels is untrue such as, "The virus is so mild now that unless you're unvaccinated or at high risk of complications then it's really not worth worrying about."

Would I be wrong in believing that you may say, yea, good luck with that?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My answer is fairly simple. Two things.

I want you to acknowledge that despite knowing that some are more at risk than others for severe COVID-19 illness, *none of us* can predict with any certainty whether or not we'll be an individual outlier either in the immediacy of contracting it or longterm after.

And, I want you to stop posting to social media sites any definitive statements that are untrue such as, "The virus is so mild now that unless you're unvaccinated or at high risk of complications then it's really not worth worrying about."

:)

Well, neither request will assist in mitigating the chances of catching Covid or the risk of developing long term issues so I'm not sure what the benefit would be other than to indulge you. There's also the simple premise that I am entitled to express my opinion irrespective of how much you disagree with it and in spite of the virtuous faux outrage from the likes of bluehende and ScoopLV.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, neither request will assist in mitigating the chances of catching Covid or the risk of developing long term issues so I'm not sure what the benefit would be other than to indulge you. There's also the simple premise that I am entitled to express my opinion irrespective of how much you disagree with it and in spite of the virtuous faux outrage from the likes of bluehende and ScoopLV.
You asked what you could do to mitigate the risk to others. I figure acknowledging that there are still risks, some known and predictable but some decidedly not, would be an appropriate answer. You don’t agree, no problem, but you did ask and I appreciate that you at least considered my answer for more than a half-minute. <shrug>

You know what I find interesting? You and I aren’t doing all that much different these days, trying to add some normalcy back into our everyday lives but also choosing to isolate ourselves when we think we might have symptoms and choosing to wear masks when we’re asked to do that. I might be more likely to be using masks in more situations because I want to limit any risk I might pose to my ineligible-for-vaccines grandchildren, but basically neither one of us is living as though COVID doesn’t exist. Why is it, then, that you say such definitive statements as there’s no need to worry, and why is it you consider yourself to be reasonable but I’m a rabidly unreasonable whackjob whose COVID fears are too extreme?

As for anyone else choosing to join us in this exchange, let’s make a deal. I won’t hold you responsible for what’s said by those who are in agreement with you, and you won’t hold me responsible for what’s said by those in agreement with me. This isn’t a private message exchange in which no one else can participate, as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting how you insist on being entitled to express your opinion but never consider others. It was not me who threw out that the non covid hepatitis was caused by some weird mutations in adults caused by mrna vaccines that had no adenovirus. You should expect to be called out on those antivax nonsense theories. Instead of ranting maybe you could defend your position with real data. I posted the latest study that shows the current variant is in fact as dangerous as others. While I will admit that the science is far from settled wouldn't it be nice for you to consider that in fact we could be headed for problems that if we ignore will lead to more suffering than is neccesary. You have repeatedly said this is over, but we never hear the mea culpa when millions more die

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that I am one of those you label "obsessive." I go grocery shopping several times a week, eat at restaurants, have traveled to Europe, etc. With one exception, I am living a normal life. The one concession I make is that I often wear a KN95 mask. Why? According to Pompey Family I am more at risk having an underlying condition (I am over seventy) and thus at greater risk of a more severe case. There are people out there with Covid who don't want to isolate. I want to protect myself against them. (According to MdRef it is not up to others to worry about me, it is up to me to protect myself.)

I am curious about you. You claim that MrockStar answered well for you, that when you had Covid symptoms, you isolated. Isolated means no human contact whatsoever. (If I had tested positive while in Europe, I would have had to stay in a hotel room with no human contact whatsoever - food delivered outside the door etc.) Yet you claim not to have been inhibited by the scare of Covid and are living normally. This seems like a contradiction to me.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that I am one of those you label "obsessive." I go grocery shopping several times a week, eat at restaurants, have traveled to Europe, etc. With one exception, I am living a normal life. The one concession I make is that I often wear a KN95 mask. Why? According to Pompey Family I am more at risk having an underlying condition (I am over seventy) and thus at greater risk of a more severe case. There are people out there with Covid who don't want to isolate. I want to protect myself against them. (According to MdRef it is not up to others to worry about me, it is up to me to protect myself.)

I am curious about you. You claim that MrockStar answered well for you, that when you had Covid symptoms, you isolated. Isolated means no human contact whatsoever. (If I had tested positive while in Europe, I would have had to stay in a hotel room with no human contact whatsoever - food delivered outside the door etc.) Yet you claim not to have been inhibited by the scare of Covid and are living normally. This seems like a contradiction to me.
There's no contradiction. I was sick. I can work from home so I did. I live alone so I had no one entering / exiting my house who was exposed to me who was then mingling w/the outside world. I had an appt that was scheduled in my house last week w/a contractor. I called and cancelled it. I was going to visit my mother - obviously I called that off. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here.

And to call it "No human contact whatsoever" is an over-statement. I work. I was in all kinds of online meetings. I have a phone -- texting, chatting, FaceTiming w/friends. Own a Peloton so was working out in live classes. It was 5 days. I was hardly in solitary confinement.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least the current White House is not over-reacting based on "medical experts" and dispatching medical ships and locking-down the country in a failed attempt to "control" the Covid pandemic "surge" (which happened anyway, a few times (this is just one more?), because pandemics will always run their course).

As I recall in 2020, the Mercy and Comfort medical ships treated less than 300 patients -- combined. Politicians have learned from that kind of over-reaction.

I do not know why this even makes the news anymore.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
One million deaths in this country alone?
Yeah, despite all the lockdowns and mask mandates, and most importantly, vaccines which were unavailable in the last pandemic.

Pandemics kill, it is just a fact.

Your point being?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Your point being?

If our average citizen wasn't a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, flat-earther, moon-hoaxer, holocaust-denying, anti-vaxx moron, we wouldn't have had so much death. And the economic hit wouldn't have been NEARLY as bad. These people are an anchor on our society.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If our average citizen wasn't a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, flat-earther, moon-hoaxer, holocaust-denying, anti-vaxx moron, we wouldn't have had so much death. And the economic hit wouldn't have been NEARLY as bad. These people are an anchor on our society.
Get a grip. The average USA citizen is vaccinated and just wants to get on with their lives without all the governmental interferences. The USA national and local politicians are finally "getting it" and backing away from the ineffective mask mandates and shutdowns, unlike "other" countries.

After two years, the USA is sensibly adopting the "Swedish model."

ScoopKona

Reaction score
After two years, the USA is sensibly adopting the "Swedish model."

The Swedish model is also moronic compared to their neighbors. The US did the absolute worst of any nation. Because the US has the absolute worst people. Divide the country into quintiles. The bottom three quintiles aren't worth even discussing. They're an anchor on decent society. It would be far better if we could jettison the bottom 60% to someplace where they could be ruled and not led -- just how they want it.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
That is absolutley untrue, and I think the USA today has the best people, just like in December, 1941 and September, 2001.

100% absolutely disagree. Average and below-average Americans are moon-hoaxing, anti-vaxx, holocaust-denying idiots. Just how it is.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a good look around. This is a country in a tailspin.
Where, exactly?

The stock market is up 60% since the failed Covid policies of March, 2020.

Housing prices are wackadoodles. (Good for sellers/bad for buyers.)

That is just economics.

Anyone who wants a job can easily find one.

Schools are FINALLY, somewhat, recovering from the errant Covid closures.

National and local governments are not over-reacting like in 2020, and WE are doing just GREAT, (for a change).