• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid can drop your IQ by 10 points

Brett

Reaction score
Are we talking about using bleach in water to kill potential bad pathogens in the water, as might be found while getting water from a stream while camping. We do know what bears do in the woods?
Or are we talking about ingesting bleach into our body to kill pathogens?
What does Fauci say?

I'm thinking bleach injected into veins -- but not recommended by Dr. Fauci

fauci_84354.png

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
People, please don't drink bleach.

1653000919286.png

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used iodine pills when backpacking to purify water.
We actually used a bottle with iodine crystals that you filled with water and then put a few drops in our water. We did carry iodine tablets in case we needed a ton of water and the iodine had not solubolized.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Do the people who are so much less educated and experienced than Dr. Fauci realize that when they try to minimize his cache by criticizing his expertise, all they're doing is exposing their ignorance? I don't think they do. I think they think that their idiocy sounds like something other than idiocy, which of course it doesn't to people who aren't idiots. But they're as ignorant to that reality as any, I guess.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the people who are so much less educated and experienced than Dr. Fauci realize that when they try to minimize his cache by criticizing his expertise, all they're doing is exposing their ignorance? I don't think they do. I think they think that their idiocy sounds like something other than idiocy, which of course it doesn't to people who aren't idiots. But they're as ignorant to that reality as any, I guess.
Sue - I would never minimize Fauci's "cache". There's no doubt in my mind he has a ton of it. I would also agree that he's a subject matter expert with 55 years of gov't experience.

My beef with the guy (and I suspect I speak for many of his critics) is that his viewpoint is one-dimensional. It was all about Covid. There was never any accounting for the potential downsides or negative ramifications for his recommendations. And he certainly loves the limelight. He seems to have an insatiable desire for attention. For me, I question his motives when I see this behavior.

Just because you're the smartest guy in the room doesn't mean you're a good guy.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
The attacks on Dr Fauci started on rile up radio and TV. He became the political target of the right. This was back so far in time, many who are followers of the political right radio and TV just believe he is wrong. They are told he was/is wrong multiple times a week. It is now ingrained into their outlook on political systems.
Every time an old theme is rehashed, the attacks begin anew.

It is why I will continue to defend Fauci at every step that is taken to denigrate his knowledge and public service. I will also attempt to irritate those that make the effort.

Those that don't like my posts are welcome to scroll on by

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Sue - I would never minimize Fauci's "cache". There's no doubt in my mind he has a ton of it. I would also agree that he's a subject matter expert with 55 years of gov't experience.

My beef with the guy (and I suspect I speak for many of his critics) is that his viewpoint is one-dimensional. It was all about Covid. There was never any accounting for the potential downsides or negative ramifications for his recommendations. And he certainly loves the limelight. He seems to have an insatiable desire for attention. For me, I question his motives when I see this behavior.

Just because you're the smartest guy in the room doesn't mean you're a good guy.

Of course his viewpoint was focused on COVID - he was the premier expert on pandemics serving in the role that anybody should expect would be focused on COVID! But still, every time I heard him deliver the list of established pandemic mitigation measures (masking, social distancing, vaccines when they became available, etc) I also heard him saying at the exact same time that the aim of those measures was to get the kids back to school ASAP, to get people back to work ASAP, to get the economy back up and running ASAP ... Whenever he talked about any aspect of the pandemic, he talked about what it would take to come out on the other side of it with as little damage done as possible. He literally *begged* us to consider how our actions might impact other people, for all the good it did.

He loves the limelight? What kind of criticism is that?! Again, he's serving in the appointed position from which any of us should have expected that all of the current administration's pandemic-related policies and recommendations and orders should/would be publicized! That's the role! It'd make as much sense to take him out of the spotlight as it would to take the POTUS' press sec out of the day-to-day spotlight! (And here I'm not referring to - or criticizing - any certain admin, any certain POTUS, any certain press sec. I'm just talking about the normal, established process.) Did he have a little fun with Brad Pitt portraying him on SNL? Of course he did! So would anybody. The guy was working like a dog night and day and you could see on his face the toll that the thought of a pandemic killing a million Americans was taking. He was entitled to a few minutes of fun courtesy of SNL or his staff singing Happy Birthday to him in the parking lot.

You didn't mention the nonsense about him being a flip-flop. Again, utter stupidity when the one thing you want from the scientific experts is for them to follow the data wherever it takes them, even if it takes them on a zigzag route at 95 miles an hour - which COVID-19's evolutions definitely did.

The criticisms against him made no sense to me when they started and haven't made any sense to me any day since. It was utter lunacy for us to allow the targeted campaign against him, for us to buy into it when it was so transparent an effort to deflect attention from real, impactful failures happening elsewhere. The fact that he stayed working at his post throughout the lunacy, including very real threats against him and his family, is all the proof of his "goodness" that's needed.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Can we substitute rum for chorine... and pineapple juice for water?

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
Excuse me, bartender, can I place an order? :wave:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we substitute rum for chorine... and pineapple juice for water?
Absolutely. The old cvilizations knew very well the best way to preserve calories was through fermentation and the safest drinking waters are beer and wine.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. The old cvilizations knew very well the best way to preserve calories was through fermentation and the safest drinking waters are beer and wine.
That why sailors had beer and rum on board their ships.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
That why sailors had beer and rum on board their ships.

"Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum!"
-- Robert Louis Stevenson, "Treasure Island" (1883)