• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid can drop your IQ by 10 points

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
"Severe Covid cases may cause cognitive impairment equivalent to aging 20 years and losing 10 IQ points, according to a new study conducted by researchers at the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London, adding to a growing body of evidence that coronavirus infections can lead to long-term cognitive and mental health issues. "

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
What if you had Covid AND were vaccinated?

I 'spose you age less & lose fewer IQ points...
But then, you prolly also had more to start with.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This explains alot.

Bill

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I don’t know why but this thread makes me think of this.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I guess this is one area where high IQ people have an advantage!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hear that drinking bleach can reverse the loss of IQ.

I know that using the proper dose of bleach in drinking water has health benefits including killing viruses such as covid.

Bill

geekette

Reaction score
I know that using the proper dose of bleach in drinking water has health benefits including killing viruses such as covid.

Bill
What is the proper dose of bleach I should dump into a 12 oz tumbler to kill viruses and not myself?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the proper dose of bleach I should dump into a 12 oz tumbler to kill viruses and not myself?

The dose is 8 drops per gallon of unscented bleach. That means the ratio is 8 drops to 128 ounces. You might want to use 16 ounces and 1 drop.

Bill

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The dose is 8 drops per gallon of unscented bleach. That means the ratio is 8 drops to 128 ounces. You might want to use 16 ounces and 1 drop.

You're kidding, right? RIGHT?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You're kidding, right? RIGHT?

No kidding. I have chlorine tablets to disinfect water when we go outdoors as well as a small chlorine dropper in my first aid kit. The ratio to disinfect 16 ounces of water is 1 drop of chlorine because the ratio to disinfect a gallon is 8 drops. A half gallon would take 4 drops, a quart would take 2 drops and a pint would take 1 drop.

The thought at one time was could we increase the amount of disinfectant to reduce viral load in the throat. Studies suggest that adding more chlorine to drinking water might have a benefit in reducing viral load in people drinking this water. The person that suggested this was totally mocked in the media even though there may be merritt to what he said.

Bill

Various studies have shown that the coronavirus can survive in hospital wastewater, household wastewater, and tap water for up to 14 days at 4 °C, but at a temperature of 20 °C, it survives for only 3 days. Free chlorine has also been shown to be more effective in inactivating SARS-CoV than chlorine dioxide [20].

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... The thought at one time was could we increase the amount of disinfectant to reduce viral load in the throat. Studies suggest that adding more chlorine to drinking water might have a benefit in reducing viral load in people drinking this water. The person that suggested this was totally mocked in the media even though there may be merritt to what he said.

Bill

Various studies have shown that the coronavirus can survive in hospital wastewater, household wastewater, and tap water for up to 14 days at 4 °C, but at a temperature of 20 °C, it survives for only 3 days. Free chlorine has also been shown to be more effective in inactivating SARS-CoV than chlorine dioxide [20].
YOU were challenged in threads about using bleach and other substances to "reduce the viral load" BECAUSE YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU WERE DOING IT TO MASK A POSITIVE COVID TEST RESULT SO THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE SUBJECT TO COVID-RELATED TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS!!!

Yes, I am yelling. Nobody ever disagreed with you that it could be done. The disagreement was whether it should be done. And for the purpose you intended, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE because you were risking the health of everyone around you if you were infected and effectively masked that fact.

As for the so-called "experts" that you found who were thinking beyond your nefarious purposes, who were actually trying to establish whether ingesting bleach or other substances in safe quantities could be a viable option to kill the virus, their theory was NEVER substantiated through the normal, existing approval processes.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
YOU were challenged in threads about using bleach and other substances to "reduce the viral load" BECAUSE YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU WERE DOING IT TO MASK A POSITIVE COVID TEST RESULT SO THAT YOU WOULDN'T BE SUBJECT TO COVID-RELATED TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS!!!

Yes, I am yelling. Nobody ever disagreed with you that it could be done. The disagreement was whether it should be done. And for the purpose you intended, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE because you were risking the health of everyone around you if you were infected and effectively masked that fact.

As for the so-called "experts" that you found who were thinking beyond your nefarious purposes, who were actually trying to establish whether ingesting bleach or other substances in safe quantities could be a viable option to kill the virus, their theory was NEVER substantiated through the normal, existing approval processes.

I wasn't using bleach to pass a covid test. I use Lugols Solution which is an iodine supplement in a sinus rinse to prevent covid infection. A benefit of this is it does reduce viral load and increases the likelihood of a negative covid test. No, I wasn't risking anyone's health because by using the sinus wash and other interventions I haven't had covid.

It isn't a theory that using a disinfectant in water kills virus. It is what we actually do in most municipal water systems. The research on using chlorine dioxide to fight covid is valid but because #45 said as much it was ridiculed.

Bill

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30395996/

Chlorine dioxide inhibits the replication of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus by blocking viral attachment

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are we talking about using bleach in water to kill potential bad pathogens in the water, as might be found while getting water from a stream while camping. We do know what bears do in the woods?
Or are we talking about ingesting bleach into our body to kill pathogens?
What does Fauci say?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who cares, most of have stopped listening to him since he has lost most all credibility long ago.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
Capture.JPG