• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

'COVID-19 parties' help spread coronavirus through Washington State

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score

Covid-19 Parties’ Probably Didn’t Involve Intentional Spread

"County health officials in Washington State walked back earlier claims that young people were gathering in a deliberate attempt to be exposed to the coronavirus.

One fear is the prospect of “coronavirus parties,” much like the chickenpox parties of the past that preceded the development of a chickenpox vaccine, designed to deliberately spread infection."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/us/coronavirus-covid-parties.html

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Young people feel because they are not in any targeted Coronavirus group they are safe and do not need to Stay in Place or Stay at Home.

Coronavirus parties are just dumb for any party group. IMHO.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Young people feel because they are not in any targeted Coronavirus group they are safe and do not need to Stay in Place or Stay at Home.

Coronavirus parties are just dumb for any party group. IMHO.

The healthy folks (young or not) could help with herd immunity as they will be mostly asymptomatic or have very little issues then can donate plasma with antibodies.

I'm not advocating for C-19 parties but the healthy should be leading the way back to normalcy.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Chicken-pox parties.

I remember those days from my childhood. Parents deliberately exposed their children to chicken pox, measles, and mumps. Because if you contracted those diseases when you were a child, it was almost always mild. Whereas if you had them after puberty they were quite serious, and caused reproductive damage. That was especially the case with girls and measles, because of the hazards of a woman contracting rubella during pregnancy.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
OK, my sister had triplets, back in the 1990s. One of them came home with chickenpox, she let the others play together until they all got them. But then again they all lived in the same household. She just didn't want it to linger and each one get it at a separate time.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My Mom did the chicken pox party thing when I was very young, like maybe three or so? I'm told it was quite successful, and I got chicken pox very badly. Like REALLY badly. I was sick for a long time, and recovery took quite awhile.

Mumps hit me when I was seven years old, and we were living in Alaska. It was going around, and I got it. First on the left side. Once that side healed, it came right back, and I got it on the right side. And when that went away, it came back again, I got it on both sides. I've heard that once you have it on both sides, you can't get it again. Let's hope so. I was very sick for a couple of months. Man, that was a lousy summer!

The Navy gave me injections and vaccines for a million and one things during my career, to the point that I think I have immunity and antibodies for most everything known to man thee days. I very rarely get sick, and when I do, it doesn't last long. But even with than kind of feeling, I'm in no rush to contract Covid-19. I don't want to tempt things.

I've been exposed to measles many times, but have never contracted them. No idea why. Are some people naturally immune?

Dave

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
These kind of parties , particularly chicken pox parties, are typically held among the anti-vaxx crowd in current society.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
The concern is if these young people contract Covid, are asymptomatic, and bring it home to someone who is at risk and might not have a good outcome.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are some people naturally immune?

Yes. If by naturally immune you mean exposing yourself to naturally occurring bacteria and other microbes found in everyday life. Walking barefoot, swimming in open water, digging in the dirt, eating garden vegetables, etc.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes. If by naturally immune you mean exposing yourself to naturally occurring bacteria and other microbes found in everyday life. Walking barefoot, swimming in open water, digging in the dirt, eating garden vegetables, etc.

Well, that would be me. I was the neighbor kid who was always out playing in the dirt. :D

Dave

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a crazy time. The anti-vaccine groups have been a problem all over, but they are especially strong in Washington. I know these people may not be anti-vaccers, but they are similar problems.
The Anti-Vaccine movement, or least some, are pushing, along with pro gun and anti-government groups to open up widely. They are strong in Vancouver WA, which is right across the Columbia River from Portland. They love to come to Portland to protest whatever their cause.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
House!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@DaveNW Quoting my tough-as-nails uncle "A dirty child is a healthy child"

This made me chuckle. While giving me a bath as a kid, my Mom would always make much about, "How could one boy have so much dirt behind his ears? If I had I shovel, I could dig for potatoes!" LOL! :D

Dave

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me! We're you exposed to peanuts as an infant?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Don't tell me! We're you exposed to peanuts as an infant?

I was. I grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch every day. Who knew being poor was good for you? ;)

Dave

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont tell the Amish farmers about this !

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday as a kid.
i would add a banana sometimes with the peanut butter sandwich for a little extra treat. LOL.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
deleted

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
i would add a banana sometimes with the peanut butter sandwich for a little extra treat. LOL.

(...said in best Homer Simpson voice:......)

...peanut butter.......bananas.......and sugar..........

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
When I read the article I thought it couldn't be Walla Walla, a town so nice they named it twice. For a city of about 30,000 there are two universities, one four year college and a two year community college. It is a nice place. Many people retire there.

Good to know it was fake news strikes again.

Bill

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score

Peanut butter and banana on toast is still a favorite breakfast!