• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid-19 Cancellations

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thank you all. I so appreciate all the help. We will try tomorrow and I will let you know what they say

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Maybe you cancelled earlier than I did, when the reps had more leeway on what they could do. Now I think they all are given certain rules to follow.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with HRC this AM. They are now changing reservations <60 days out to CUP NOT RCUP.

Rebooking carries the standard rebooking cost.

Hold time at 8AM sharp was under five minutes.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Strange...I "cancelled" my reservaton yesterday online,, but its still showing up as a reservaton. I am now on "hold"...no idea how long that will be.

Barbara

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
OK...so here are some scenerios for reservation cancellations:

1. If you have a reservation you booked, and now are cancelling due to Covid-19 AND those points you used have technically expired, the web site does not ALLOW you to cancel. AND since the points expired, if you don't go, you out of luck. Even though the ONLY reason you are cancelling is Covid-19....At this point Hyatt is NOT making a concessions. They just said to keep checking back.

2. Keep an eye on your dates for EEE. THey MAY be able to extend those, but don't push it.

I would suggest that we all send an email to Hyatt stating it would be nice if they (1) extend use points for 2020 for 6 or 12 months and (2) any cancellations due to the Covid-19 and "sheltering in place" should be available for members-IF points have expired, perhaps extend til at least dec 2020. We should all work together.

hyattresidenceclub@clubreservations.com

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled a June reservation at Coconut Plantation today. As others have stated there was a $0 cancellation fee - but I had to enter my cc info anyway to get the button to be available to proceed with the transaction.

My points go LCUP in May so I likely will have to try and snag make a 60 day reservation later this year. I also ate the reservation fees as i would think most of you have. I may have been able to hold out for a better outcome but I just went ahead and got it done.

I also have an Interval reservation checkin May 1st so I am one day past the current period they are addressing. I am keeping an eye on that and hope to just be able to change it to later this year - which is what I think the Interval email said about reservations thru April 30th.

This is all inconvenient but I am still working and thankful for that and concerned about those that are out of work. I hope this all gets better sooner rather than later.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Hyatt again, and 2nd rep told me same thing about being able to use my RCUP points until September. I really questioned her about this, and she gave more details such as the day after my homeweek check-in date (end of my CUP period), the RCUP points will convert to LCUP points. And the only difference between RCUP and LCUP is that RCUP points can be used for an II exchange and LCUP cannot.

However if you have EEE points, an II exchange will draw from EEE first and then RCUP second. I do have EEE points, and in my situation it still makes sense to make an II exchange.

I made an II exchange with points last night for last week in December, and got confirmation this morning.
When I looked on my HRC account, they had drawn all that was in EEE, and the remaining balance from RCUP.

My work organization has a big project that was to go online in the fall with a 2 month vacation freeze.
But with COVID, it'll probably be delayed, tho' no announcement yet. So I have no idea what my work black-out dates will be yet...

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an II exchange with points last night for last week in December, and got confirmation this morning.
When I looked on my HRC account, they had drawn all that was in EEE, and the remaining balance from RCUP.

My work organization has a big project that was to go online in the fall with a 2 month vacation freeze.
But with COVID, it'll probably be delayed, tho' no announcement yet. So I have no idea what my work black-out dates will be yet...
You probably already know this, but get ePlus...I get it for almost every exchange I do.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh yes, I certainly get ePlus on all my exchanges.
I just wish RCI had something similar.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I certainly get ePlus on all my exchanges.
I just wish RCI had something similar.
I just made my first RCI exchange for November of 2021 and really wish there was a similar option from RCI.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called today and they took off the 60 day restriction on our eplus Hyatt interval trade. I rebooked Colorado for mid August but have 2 more trades if I need to extend it. I appreciate Hyatt. They have been more flexible than Vistana

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called today and they took off the 60 day restriction on our eplus Hyatt interval trade. I rebooked Colorado for mid August but have 2 more trades if I need to extend it. I appreciate Hyatt. They have been more flexible than Vistana

I have never used ePlus but am starting to realize its value. Can you elaborate on the 60 day window? I do not know how ePlus normally works.

Thanks !

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never used ePlus but am starting to realize its value. Can you elaborate on the 60 day window? I do not know how ePlus normally works.

Thanks !
we always use eplus. You can switch reservations up to 3 times if something better opens up and it can help extend your points by booking 1 yr out.. Apparently you need to rebook within 30 or 60 days, not sure as we cancelled our April Hawaii stay this week. Typically that means we have restricted points as we switched too close to our check in date. Hawaii waived it for us.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I called HRC member services morning to cancel my Maui reservation for 4/4 and they were super helpful. They returned my points to CUP with no issues whatsoever. :)

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is staying well...

I just wanted to share this...

We had our regular, yearly Pinon Pointe reservation for the end of April - we canceled (no cancellation fee), and they put it back into HRC as RCUP, with a cancellation of 4/26/2020. I sent a message on their Facebook page on Mar 19 to ask if there was any way for them to extend the date or put them into II... the 1st answer was no... then the next day they updated that response with:

This has been researched further on your behalf and you have until 4/26 to deposit with interval with RCUP which must be done directly with us, however your points will not expire at that time, they will be moved into LCUP which will make them valid until 10/26/20 at Hyatt locations. Please reach out to 1800 GO HYATT to speak with an advisior and they will be happy to assist your with all your options. Thank you once again for reaching out.

I was finally able to call today, and moved them into II... so now they will not expire until 4/26/2022.

Hope this helps someone else :)

Be well!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hope everyone is staying well...

I just wanted to share this...

We had our regular, yearly Pinon Pointe reservation for the end of April - we canceled (no cancellation fee), and they put it back into HRC as RCUP, with a cancellation of 4/26/2020. I sent a message on their Facebook page on Mar 19 to ask if there was any way for them to extend the date or put them into II... the 1st answer was no... then the next day they updated that response with:

This has been researched further on your behalf and you have until 4/26 to deposit with interval with RCUP which must be done directly with us, however your points will not expire at that time, they will be moved into LCUP which will make them valid until 10/26/20 at Hyatt locations. Please reach out to 1800 GO HYATT to speak with an advisior and they will be happy to assist your with all your options. Thank you once again for reaching out.

I was finally able to call today, and moved them into II... so now they will not expire until 4/26/2022.

Hope this helps someone else :)

Be well!

Awesome, hope I can do this. I have a 3br Hyatt Ka’anapali check in May 9 which is looking very doubtful. If I can park them in II, I will be happy enough.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My use year-annual week started yesterday, and I decided last week to roll the dice and let about 650 pts go into LCUP. I wish Hyatt would have sent out a notice tho' to members about availability of the RCUP points being deposited into II. When I called them early last week to cancel, there was no RCUP-II option.

I made one II exchange and thought about a 2nd exchange into 2021. But I have Vistana and some Hilton points to extend over into 2021-22 too, so too much to use in the future. We're hoping to go for a few days to Pinon Point in late summer.

Last edited:

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting data point, I logged into my account today and a reservation I have at Main St Station for April 25 has been cancelled and the points put into RCUP. Haven't received an email or any form of contact that they were cancelling my reservation.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In Hyatt, there's a notification about COVID with info about reservation cancellations.
For reservations cancelled less than 60 days before check-in, and between March 12 and April 24,
the restricted points will have an expiration date of next year December 31, 2021.

My 660 restricted points rolled over into LCUP on March 28. On my account summary it shows my
LCUP points with an expiration date of 9/24/20. So I called Hyatt, and the rep said they are
documenting on accounts the cancelled reservations which qualify due to COVID period and mine
did. She also said their management hasn't decided yet how they are going to update those
accounts to reflect the 2021 expiration date. So it seems best to email or call them to get your restricted points documented too.

Points that otherwise would be expired at the time of cancellation will be restored as restricted
points with same December 2021 expiration. However must call Hyatt to make a reservation within 60 days of check-in. If I go beyond my LCUP date, I will have to call in too to make a reservation.
Travel must be completed by Dec 31, 2021.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I had a reservation for my annual week at Carmel beginning May 3. Yesterday I received a notice from the property that the Monterey County Health Department had shut down the resort for all guests with reservations through May 3 and that those reservations had been cancelled. There was no word in the notice about how HRC would reimburse owners, so I will call Hyatt today to see what the next steps are. It had better NOT be to put the points into RCUP.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I had a reservation for my annual week at Carmel beginning May 3. Yesterday I received a notice from the property that the Monterey County Health Department had shut down the resort for all guests with reservations through May 3 and that those reservations had been cancelled. There was no word in the notice about how HRC would reimburse owners, so I will call Hyatt today to see what the next steps are. It had better NOT be to put the points into RCUP.

I cancelled my Ka’anapali 3BR week for May 9. The week was booked using points from week 18 and week 22. My points went into RCUP and normally would not have been depositable into II, because I was past that deadline.

But they allowed me to move to II for EEE. So at least now I have an extended period of time to use them. Of course not for Hyatt properties, which is less than ideal but better than RCUP.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get ready, those points will go into RCUP, but you might have to call Hyatt to initiate the transfer. You might look at options for the points to go into II

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I cancelled my Ka’anapali 3BR week for May 9. The week was booked using points from week 18 and week 22. My points went into RCUP and normally would not have been depositable into II, because I was past that deadline.

But they allowed me to move to II for EEE. So at least now I have an extended period of time to use them. Of course not for Hyatt properties, which is less than ideal but better than RCUP.
Get ready, those points will go into RCUP, but you might have to call Hyatt to initiate the transfer. You might look at options for the points to go into II

Thanks to you both. I called HRC this morning and was able to get my points deposited into II through the EEE. Much better than RCUP, which is where those points were headed before I called.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they refund your initial reservation fee? They cancelled my reservation at MSS (didn't tell me either) and when I called advised that they are not refunding the fee.