• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Couple quick questions about resale points

hnybee09

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Villas at Fairfield
Club Wyndham Bentley Brook
Club Wyndham Access
Good Morning all! I have a couple quick questions. I am in the process of acquiring a couple resale points contracts and someone at Wyndham told me that if the current owner of one of the contracts banks this years points they will not be available to me next year. Is there any truth to that? I know deeded points transfers take longer and the points for the year were credited January 1st, if the transfer takes longer than the window in which you have to bank them I didn't want to lose them so I was going to have the current owner bank them. The 2nd question is she also told me that as an owner of resale points I will not have an RCI account....I thought that RCI was automatic....if anyone can clarify or has any information I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would NOT have the current owner deposit the points into a future use year at this time.
There’s no guarantee that deposited points will transfer to you. Wait until the last minute if you want the current owner to deposit the current use year points, I would only do this a last resort.
When did Wyndham receive the transfer documents?

You do get an RCI account automatically

hnybee09

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
They have not yet, the deed transfer went out to the county on January 16th, once that is complete it goes to Wyndham. I thought you automatically got an RCI account lol misinformation by Wyndham. Thanks!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I wouldn't count on any points moved to a future use year transferring. They may but that seems to be a maybe it will/maybe it won't thing with Wyndham. I thought someone said that points banked in RCI do transfer. Hopefully someone who knows will see your thread and respond.

You'll have to call Wyndham to get your RCI account set up. Also after you've been notified by the closing company that Wyndham has completed the transfer you should call Wyndham about getting your Wyndham account set up if you aren't already a Wyndham owner. Eventually you should, notice I said should not will, get a letter from Wyndham acknowledging the transfer but don't hold your breathe waiting it. Take the initiative and call them after your closing company notifies you.

hnybee09

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I wouldn't count on any points moved to a future use year transferring. They may but that seems to be a maybe it will/maybe it won't thing with Wyndham. I thought someone said that points banked in RCI do transfer. Hopefully someone who knows will see your thread and respond.

You'll have to call Wyndham to get your RCI account set up. Also after you've been notified by the closing company that Wyndham has completed the transfer you should call Wyndham about getting your Wyndham account set up. Eventually you should, notice I said should not will, get a letter from Wyndham acknowledging the transfer but don't hold your breathe waiting it.

Thank You!!!

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning all! I have a couple quick questions. I am in the process of acquiring a couple resale points contracts and someone at Wyndham told me that if the current owner of one of the contracts banks this years points they will not be available to me next year. Is there any truth to that? I know deeded points transfers take longer and the points for the year were credited January 1st, if the transfer takes longer than the window in which you have to bank them I didn't want to lose them so I was going to have the current owner bank them. The 2nd question is she also told me that as an owner of resale points I will not have an RCI account....I thought that RCI was automatic....if anyone can clarify or has any information I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

I had one transfer about 4 months ago with current year. They were only able to bank due to the bank extension that was put in place. They banked them after I had paid. They were banked into 2021, but Wyndham moved them to 2022 when it transfered to my account. It was 500k.

Long story short, all banked points transferred.

hnybee09

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I had one transfer about 4 months ago with current year. They were only able to bank due to the bank extension that was put in place. They banked them after I had paid. They were banked into 2021, but Wyndham moved them to 2022 when it transfered to my account. It was 500k.

Long story short, all banked points transferred.
Thank you! We probably will not use them this year, that's why I am asking. Already have travel booked with family who used their Wyndham points lol our trip from last April was postponed to this coming September....

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you have 3 months to bank your points as a regular member. So if your use year is January, you can deposit them yourself if your account is set up by the end of March.
In fact, I would wait until closer to that time before asking them to be banked

hnybee09

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I believe you have 3 months to bank your points as a regular member. So if your use year is January, you can transfer them yourself if your account is set up by the end of March
Right but Wyndham can take 3-4 months to complete the transfer so we will miss that window.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right but Wyndham can take 3-4 months to complete the transfer so we will miss that window.
The one I'm mentioning took 3 weeks. Maybe someone with a newer transfer can chime in.
I have one currently that was sent 12/22 and nothing yet.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

You'll have to call Wyndham to get your RCI account set up. Also after you've been notified by the closing company that Wyndham has completed the transfer you should call Wyndham about getting your Wyndham account set up if you aren't already a Wyndham owner. Eventually you should, notice I said should not will, get a letter from Wyndham acknowledging the transfer but don't hold your breathe waiting it. Take the initiative and call them after your closing company notifies you.
Wyndham RCI points do not transfer with the sale of a Wyndham ownership. As long as the seller still has a ownership in Wyndham the deposited RCI points stay in sellers RCI account. Seller can transfer the Wyndham RCI points to the new owners Wyndham RCI account. Any existing reservations with RCI after sale will not be affected.