• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Country Music series by Ken Burns on PBS

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Is anyone else watching this series? We're really enjoying it. I love how he includes the historical aspects of the times. It's so much fun learning more about the singers, song writers, and musicians and hearing the back stories of their songs.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am -- I'm typically not a huge fan of country music but I'm finding this really interesting. I love art forms that are uniquely American which country music is.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big country music fan either, but I find the series fascinating.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 to all the earlier comments. Ken Burns truly has a way of making each of his subjects relavent to all audiences. I'm only saddenned that there's just one more show in the series. The good news is that it's available on demand on Amazon Prime Video. It will be a good binge watch after the newness fades- and to catch up if one has missed an episode or two.

Jim

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I enjoy country music, actually i enjoy almost all kinds of music. I recorded the series, just finished episode 2 last night and started on 3 today. So far its been great, really enjoyable and interesting!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched and recorded episode 7 last night. My DW came home late from her rehearsal- she plays (French) horn in the local symphony. She got sucked into it after I went to bed and stayed up to watch the whole thing! She regretted it when the alarm went off this morning! :)Jim

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I didn't realize country music was called hillbilly music up until the 50's and 60's, and I certainly didn't realize that Al Hopkins, my mom's cousin, was the one responsible for the name hillbilly being attached to the genre. As mentioned in the show:

Arguably, one of the most the most important dates in the history of country music occurred on January 15, 1925. At their first recording session in New York, executive Ralph Peer asked musicians Al Hopkins, Tony Alderman, John Rector, and Joe Hopkins what the name of their band was. Al Hopkins’ immortal words to Ralph Peer were… “Call us anything you want. We’re nothing but a bunch of hillbillies from North Carolina and Virginia anyway!” Peer instructed the New York Okeh studios secretary to write Hill Billies in the ledger.

You can still buy their music on Amazon.

61v5IktCUWL.jpg

I'm not too interested in the current country music stars, but I'm fascinated with the history, and how country, cowboy, Texas swing, blues, and jazz all influenced each other.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I only managed to record episode 8. Hope they rerun it. They have it on amazon prime but they charge for it.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The clips from Johnny Cash’s TV show were fascinating -
Bob Dylan & Johnny playing together etc .

TV variety shows were not something I really watched as a kid ( Ed Sullivan / Carol Burnett /Johnny Cash / He Haw etc) -

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Is anyone else watching this series? We're really enjoying it. I love how he includes the historical aspects of the times. It's so much fun learning more about the singers, song writers, and musicians and hearing the back stories of their songs.

I happened to channel flip through it last Wednesday night while in Dallas. I didn't realize it was a "Ken Burns" series until someone else told me about it a couple of days later.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I did see and will need to find the full series to watch.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Artringwald,.

Does this link contain the entire Country Music movie or are there additional indicidual segments?

Thanks.

Richard

If you scroll down, you'll see that all 8 segments are available as streaming videos. However, it will ask you for your local PBS station.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ken Burns is a fantastic story teller.

Watch Horatio's Drive, if you can.

It is about the first cross country car ride. Without an interstate hwy or gas stations along the way. You get the picture. Interesting story. Narrated by Tom Hanks.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken Burns is a fantastic story teller.

Watch Horatio's Drive, if you can.

It is about the first cross country car ride. Without an interstate hwy or gas stations along the way. You get the picture. Interesting story. Narrated by Tom Hanks.
And speaking of Tom Hanks, I'm looking forward to his portrayal of Mr. Rogers. Tears will be shed. Mostly tears of joy.

Jim