• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Country Music Awards (CMA) - Glen Campbell

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was bummed they handed him a guitar and he pulled a pick out of his pocket, but they didn't let him perform. Maybe they knew what was best, but disappointing, nonetheless. :(

Always loved the song 'Galveston' and did some research on Jimmy Webb tonight, as he performed during the GC tribute. Interesting background and contributions.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was bummed they handed him a guitar and he pulled a pick out of his pocket, but they didn't let him perform. Maybe they knew what was best, but disappointing, nonetheless. :(

Always loved the song 'Galveston' and did some research on Jimmy Webb tonight, as he performed during the GC tribute. Interesting background and contributions.

I never thought I was a Country Music fan, but I really enjoyed those 3 hours...I noticed the same thing..Glen Campbell was prepared; he had a pick in his pocket.....I suspect you are right....it was probably for the best

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The tribute was well deserved, but broke my heart. My mother suffered Alzhiemers, so I'm well aware of what's to come for Glen Campbell. I actually heard him sing and play the guitar about a month ago, and he was fantastic. His children are backing him in his farewell concert. He can still play, and I wish they had allowed it.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
He looked like he was really enjoying himself. I would have like to had seen him sing. When he took the guitar the tv went to a commercial so it is possible that he did sing and play but we did not see it. He was just on the Ellen Show the other day but I missed it turned it on at the very end. Wish I had known would have watched it. We saw him in Branson few years ago playing with Andy Williams and met his daughter who was in the show with him.

Now for Andy Williams, if you haven't heard, he was diagnosed at MDAnderson last month with Bladder Cancer. It was posted that he would not be performing for his Christmas Shows this year but surprised everyone and showed up last Saturday at his theater. He sang a Christmas Song and announced he had Bladder Cancer but promised he would beat it and comeback for his 2012 Shows.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to his Farewell Concert at the end of the month in Nashville.

They had so many wanting tickets that a second concert was added.

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a minute I read this as KMA Glenn Campbell!! oops!

I just clarified the headline. :)

Hop, my first impression was also that they broke for an ad, but you would think--given this was a tribute and the guy got up on stage--that they'd let 'er rip. But, again, maybe they were not taking any risks. But why did they hand him the guitar? Wish I would have recorded it.

Anyway, a nice tribute.