• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cottages at south sea island resort

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone stayed there?
what kind of walk to beach, and what kind of beach is it?
do they still supply beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels at no charge?
what kind of view do they have?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, and it was one of the most gorgeous timeshares we've ever had the good fortune to exchange into (except that it was during red tide, not its fault, but we stayed away from the beach for a few days because of - might be how we got a last-minute exchange - I'd hoped red tide would had moved/dissipated by then, but unfortunately we had one of the few remaining hotspots of it, out in the ocean just off the resort, which blew inland onto the beach when the wind went in that direction, hopefully won't be a factor during your stay).

HUGE interior, beautiful and comfortable furnishings, 2-story screened-in deck. Our view was over lagoons and golf course, and then the gulf beyond - some units may not see the gulf, not sure. Short walk to the sandy beach where there was a little clubhouse, chairs, seems like towels were provided, umbrellas maybe - no charge. There are a few pools that provide towels too, a marina, a restaurant, snack bar, little shops. It's located near the far end of Captiva near the point, so you can walk to the beach, around the point, and come back along the sound where the marina & pool complex are.

I saw there was availability there just recently, did you get one of those coming up soon?

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked for May 8. It is about 45 minute drive, just my husband and I. We have been sheltering at home, so won’t be too different . Plan to drive through Ding Darling and sit on lanai, and hopefully the beach.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that the resort is closed to incoming and RCI knew this but does not indicate this on the website.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i finally spoke to someone at south seas. resort is closed. no pool, no amenities open but beach is open if we brought our own equipment. probably not worth going have today to decide.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have extra points or weeks that are soon expiring, maybe yes since you can drive and hike in Ding Darling, except it's not great birding season either. Perhaps there are more plentiful shells to gather, more like the old days at Sanibel, since beaches haven't had the normal crowds. But I agree, probably not worth going.

btw - we had a couple of RCI confirmations in Spain next month, for which we first received notice from RCI that they were closed, and awhile later RCI initiated the exchange cancellations. However, one of them still appears - all along, and even now - in RCI website as avail, for approx same dates! Left hand doesn't know right hand etc.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Problem is it has been 94 and humid almost everyday,band ding darling is pretty sunny. They told me two owners are at entire resort, check in at security gate, and that is it. Just don’t see it being that enjoyable

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Wow, this sounds like a really nice place. I will have to see if they trade in II.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Problem is it has been 94 and humid almost everyday,band ding darling is pretty sunny. They told me two owners are at entire resort, check in at security gate, and that is it. Just don’t see it being that enjoyable
It is a beautiful place and the units are very nice but it is all the way at the tip and will be very isolated thus it would be a no for me. For others it would be a yes as risk will be very low.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a beautiful place and the units are very nice but it is all the way at the tip and will be very isolated thus it would be a no for me. For others it would be a yes as risk will be very low.
Yes, that is one reason I decided no. Plus a balcony view of beach would make a difference. I see charter club right now but I am cal”in to see if open before I book

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The past six weeks of isolation has caused a lot of slippage for my husband. I realized I could not handle him at an empty resort, as he will want to leave the beach after a short time, and It sounds like a bit of a walk.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
The past six weeks of isolation has caused a lot of slippage for my husband. I realized I could not handle him at an empty resort, as he will want to leave the beach after a short time, and It sounds like a bit of a walk.
I’m so sorry. This has to be so hard on you. Much love and I hope things get a bit better

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is so hard to be a care giver. We lose ourselves in the process. Try to be good to yourself. Hugs.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that the resort is closed to incoming and RCI knew this but does not indicate this on the website.

Schools might be closed in Carmel, IN, so the fourth and fifth graders there who apparently design and handle all RCI computer matters and "upgrades" may be unable to perform their customary on site classwork for Computers 101 at this time. Just a theory. ;)

On a more serious note, God Bless you for your efforts, patience, kindness and consideration in your very difficult role as caregiver, a job surely made even more difficult by these troubling times.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked surf club for that week. It is Gulf front so my husband can sit on balcony with his binoculars if he doesn’t want to go to beach. Also indicated charter club as a priority upgrade

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked surf club for that week. It is Gulf front so my husband can sit on balcony with his binoculars if he doesn’t want to go to beach. Also indicated charter club as a priority upgrade
Not all rooms face the water.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not all rooms face the water.
i called surf club and they said the depositEd one was gulf front. There pool is open. I can call back again but they have someone on the desk unlike captiva

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i called surf club and they said the depositEd one was gulf front. There pool is open. I can call back again but they have someone on the desk unlike captiva
I own there and love it, enjoy