• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

costco car april16 $138/wk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked my car for next april for Kauai on Costco and the rate was $138/week including taxes and fees. This is the best rate I think I have ever gotten. The nice thing is that Costco includes the 2nd driver too.

If you are going in the spring...Check it out

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We're going to the Big Island in April. I've been checking car rental rates for awhile. Right now Costco is the lowest, but even their rates have changed over time. I will contine checking, and rebooking until our trip.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just started checking back for my two weeks on Kauai at the end of February.
Enterprise through Costco $274 for a full size all in. That's about the rate I've
Been getting on my last couple trips. I'll keep checking but I'm thinking that's
What it's going to be. I checked this afternoon and it was up $30.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
$125/Week

Today I returned from a week in Maui. Budget through Costco was $125 for the week. This was over labor day weekend.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
The good old days.

How many of you remember 2 or more years ago calling Costco and the Costco agent directly booked your rental, whereas last year I called Costco and someone answered saying Alamo. I got scared and almost hung up thinking I called the wrong number. Plus 2 or more years ago Costco would also book airfare and a car, which was great for TS owners, but those days are gone too.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Checked today and our two week rental for a full size on the Big Island in April just dropped another $40. :D

tiger1210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui rental: Costco

Just checked rates today for Jan2-9, 2916 for 1 week and Costco wanted over $400. Too high for then.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just checked rates today for Jan2-9, 2916 for 1 week and Costco wanted over $400. Too high for then.

Didn't realize they were renting that far out. ;)

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

Can you even book flights that far in advance? How are you booking car rental if you don't know your flight times?

I'm asking because I'm making plans for a trip around that same time (Dec 2016).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Rates from Costco for the Big Island, April 2016, just dropped again today.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My two weeks on Kauai went up about $725 a few weeks ago and haven't come
Down. I have it for $272 and it's now $999.:eek:

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
I've already got our car booked for next May with Costco. I've booked with them at close to a year out more than once.

As for the airlines, unless you're dealing with Southwest, most airlines start booking at just under 11 months out.

With Hawaii, I've learned to book my car WAY in advance at the best price I can find (even if it's more than I really want to pay), and then just keep checking regularly. More times than not I have gotten a better price as the dates get closer. One big exception was a convertible booked for 3 weeks in Feb on Maui. I never got a better price for my car booked at about 11 months out.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Can you even book flights that far in advance? How are you booking car rental if you don't know your flight times?

I'm asking because I'm making plans for a trip around that same time (Dec 2016).

Dec 2016 is eleven months past Jan 2016, were you reading the quoted post correctly?

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

It was no doubt a joke considering the typo

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
And the Costco rate for the Big Island in April just dropped again, another $44 for the two weeks. :D