• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Wreaking Havoc on Your Travel Plans?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We leave in a week for a transatlantic cruise, FLL to BCN, and then four weeks in Florence (always lots of Asian tourists there) before moving on to the UK. DW is spending way too much time reading and worrying about CV; my approach is "we'll turn around if we need to." But the Italian outbreak shows that it can happen anywhere, and develop quickly. I think it will eventually get out of hand in many regions, but I also think there are lots of cases not being reported because they have no or few symptoms, and this would indicate that a lot of peoples' immune systems are up to the defense.

... he said hopefully.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FWIW...We are now booking changeable reservations on SWA and timeshares for upcoming travel and using our Chase Sapphire Reserve for cancellation protection. Much easier to rebook, and cheaper than travel insurance for domestic travel. Holding off on international travel for now which would include cancellation insurance, medical etc.

The fact that most airline policies penalize and force people to travel when they are sick is worrisome. This policy may exacerbate this issue by spreading the disease.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Air Canada passenger flying from Montreal to Vancouver tested positive for COVID-19.

Richard
Now this surprises me. I can’t believe better precautions are not being taken. They know patient zero if this breaks out in Canada.
“The memo notes that risk of transmission of coronavirus is considered low and crew members from the flight are not required to be quarantined or to stop flying, but are advised to "self-monitor for 14 days beginning on the day of the flight and report any symptoms to their local public health professionals should they develop."

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Iran Denies Cover-UP After Lawmaker Contradicts Official Coronavirus Figures, Says 50 Dead.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From the cdc for this week “the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza is 6.8% below the epidemic of 7.3”. I wonder how many realize how high this is. While we are rightfully worrying about the coronavirus these statistics are just as much of a concern in my opinion.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the next 90 days , the Japanese government will have to make a very tough decision about this year 2020 Summer Olympic to be held in Japan.?

Just think about all the various people’s and nations coming from around the world into Japan for the Summer Olympic.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually spend a month or so in Mexico every winter/spring. We went to Cabo during the H1N1 virus pandemic in 2009. Entire sections of resorts were closed off, staff was let go, and restaurants were empty because tourists stopped coming (with only one confirmed case in Cabo). It was very weird and sad to see, but we were glad we went.

DH and I are very healthy, so I'm not too worried about the COVID-19 virus, but I am concerned that if an outbreak occurs in Mexico while we're there, we could be stuck for God-only-knows-how-long before we could return home. When I see cities closed off around the world, I wonder when it's going to happen here? When people protest in cities like Costa Mesa, CA with, "Don't turn our city into another Wuhan!" and block Americans who've tested positive for the virus, I think we're all screwed. I will be watching what's happening in the next couple of weeks before we get on that plane to Mexico.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My ex-staff who is in Shanghai told me today that life in Shanghai has gone back to normal. Apparently the virus is pretty much under control there. Iran and Italy high numbers and countries which do not test their sick for COVID-19 worry me.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHO said today that we should prepare for a worldwide pandemic, but to keep things in perspective 16,000 people died from flu between Oct 1 and Feb 15 and 29 million people were sickened by flu. The danger of Covid-19 might be over-rated. Maybe. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Jim

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Six more Americans diagnosed with coronavirus in Texas

Richard