• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Wreaking Havoc on Your Travel Plans?

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We have a cruise to Alaska booked for later this year and are keeping our fingers crossed that the Corona virus acts like other colds, flus, in that it will run its course by the end of April. If not and we need to cancel we should be able to cancel under our 'cancel for any reason policy provisions and get 75% back for credit on another cruise (with Princess).' Our cruise payment isn't due until June and we haven't yet booked excursions, so we have some time.

Ingrid

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus cruise worker fired fot breaking quarantine to fly to US.

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coronavirus cruise worker fired fot breaking quarantine to fly to US.

Richard
How many humans did this one person possible come in contact with starting at the cruise ship, the hotel, the taxi driver, the security guard, airport employees, passengers and crew members on the plane, at the airport in Oregon etc.
This person should be locked up for breaking quarantine to fly into to the United States. IMHO. This is very scary.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was planning to take my daughter to one of the Pacific Rim Disney resorts (either HK+Shanghai or Tokyo) in the very late spring this year. We had already written off HK+Shanghai, and with the recent change to the Tokyo Marathon, I'm rethinking Tokyo too.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our plan allows us to cancel for any reason. My guess is that if no travel is allowed to China, Viking will cancel!
That must be VERY expensive travel insurance. We have a couple of upcoming cruises (Europe and S.America- NOT Asia) and have the policies in hand. They are NOT 'cancel for any reason', but were issued before the Covid-19, so don't have any epidemic exclusions. We understand that newer policies have been re-written to include exclusions.

Fingers still crossed that the virus can be contained, but it doesn't look promising.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus: Hong Kong airport to close concourse as number of passenger flights plummets by
two-thirds.

Richard

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My brother in law just left 3 weeks of scuba in the Philippines and headed to Singapore for a few days. Their next stop is Bali. They have no return flights. I think they will head to Northern Australia next. He says the deals are really good because of Corona Virus.

Bill

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Aaack!! Our Italian friends host Chinese high school students. One boy came back from Christmas break around January 15th or so. The second boy missed the first week of school and came back around the 22nd. We played cards at their house the 30th and I joked "no corona virus, right?" and we all laughed it off. Last week our friend was sick with a cold or flu so we didn't play and again I asked "corona virus"? They are due at our house tomorrow night and I just found out one of the boys is now sick. Antonella took him to the doctor yesterday and was told "absolutely not corona virus" based on the boy's symptoms (sore throat, red nose, feeling horrible). What?! I assume the Catholic high school and our town would be all freaking out if there were other Chinese students sick and passing something (anything) on to American students, but really, how does a doctor know a sick kid who has been back from China 3 weeks isn't carrying the virus? I couldn't get a straight answer (language issues) as to whether the doctor at least took a culture or whatever they do when they suspect the virus. We really aren't concerned, but the news does give us pause.

The Chinese boy is still sick 10 days later and being taken back to Doctor this afternoon. My friend just called to cancel cards tonight. Says she thinks he has bronchitis brought on by flu. Don't know what the procedure is to check for corona virus (is it a blood test or something more complicated or requiring a "kit" of some sort?), but it's high time they checked him. And high time they get this boy well regardless of what he has -- 10 days is too long to be sick and getting sicker.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
"I am not a virus." Asians are being physically attacked and verbally abused in the US because of coronavirus.

This is sad....even all the way in New England Asian restaurants are suffering because people are not going to them out of fear.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus flight cancellations top 200,000, sending jet fuel prices to more than 2-year lows.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Six coronavirus cases discovered in north Italy, hundreds to be tested.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned