• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Wreaking Havoc on Your Travel Plans?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest if you are flying on a commercial air plane do not drink their tap water if could fill with harmful parasites and do not touch those dirty germs magazine they are never sanitizer.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some interesting things in today's WSJ in an article "what we know about the coronavirus":

How dangerous is the new coronavirus?
It appears to be less deadly than a related pathogen—severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, which erupted in China in 2002 and spread globally in 2003. SARS killed about 10% of the people it infected, while about 2% of the people confirmed to be infected with this new coronavirus have died, according to the World Health Organization. Many of those who have died are elderly or have other illnesses such as diabetes.

But the new virus spreads from one person to another more easily than SARS, some disease modeling and case studies suggest.

How worried should I be?
Most people who are infected may become only mildly ill, data suggest. Of 17,000 cases in China, 82% had mild symptoms, 15% were severely ill, and 3% were critically ill, according to the WHO, citing Chinese authorities. Public-health officials are trying to determine how many people have been infected, including those who didn’t get sick at all. They are concerned and want to contain the virus because its effects aren’t fully known. In addition, new viruses can mutate, possibly becoming more virulent as they work their way through a population.

How easily does the new virus spread?
Disease-modeling experts have estimated that on average, each infected person has transmitted the virus to about 2.6 others, though the range is between 1.5 and 3.5. Those rates are higher than for some influenza viruses, some are lower than SARS, and they are far lower than measles, in which one infected person can transmit the virus to 12 to 18 other people.

Could goods imported from China carry the virus?
That is unlikely, the CDC says. Coronaviruses generally don’t survive long on inanimate surfaces, according to the agency.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Cruise ship Norwegian Jewel is placed into lockdown in Sydney Harbour as a passenger is
tested for the deadly coronavirus after falling ill.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus Hitting South Florida Lobster Industry Hard

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest if you are flying on a commercial air plane do not drink their tap water if could fill with harmful parasites and do not touch those dirty germs magazine they are never sanitizer.
Then don't drink the coffee either. Guess what it's made with? Absolutely wipe down the tray table with a wet-nap, and keep your hands away from your mouth.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cruise Ship Passengers Disembark After Being Stranded At Sea Over Virus Fears.

Richard
Yet another reason for darn good travel insurance. Getting a last-minute flight home from Cambodia's gotta be expensive!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Looks like there is a vaccine for corona virus. INO is the stock. Pretty cheap right now.

Bill

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coronovirus: Bill Gates warns of 10 million deaths as virus spreads to Africa.

Richard
Now the only continent that has been infected by this virus is South America. I agree with Bill Gates this virus has the pretentious to kill over 10 millions in Africa.

If anyone have every visited Cairo, Egypt in good times IMHO, this is one dirty city.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like there is a vaccine for corona virus. INO is the stock. Pretty cheap right now.

Bill
I hope China and the United States can agree to help one another and save some lives.IMO.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read in another report why there have not been reported cases in Africa and South America is that cases are not being tested as they lack the capability/kits to test. Scary.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronavirus: Westerdam cruise ship passengers bumped from KLM flight in Malaysia.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coronovirus: Bill Gates warns of 10 million deaths as virus spreads to Africa.
The guy has a way of putting his money whee his mouth is. Even though The Telegraph misspells the illness- never mind Covid-19. I'm thinking it might be a good thing if Earth doesn't become just a floating-in-space repository of viruses that no other species would colonize. (just kidding). In time, whether a treatment, or vaccine is developed, or if the disease is just part of the background of viruses- like common cold, Influenza, or Aids, that variously infect humankind, only the future knows.

Hope for the best!

Jim

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I tend to believe there are ten of thousands if not more people that have it then we know. Thus statistically percentages of those who have passed is low. We will never know the real number in China infected/recovered vs deaths. It is possible there are carriers that also never get real sick.

From what I read it is just a matter of time until it is global in masses like the flu. There is a vaccine in the works. One of the articles I read said 18 months to the masses but hopefully much sooner, months, which I believe will happen. All the precautions now are to delay the onset to the mass globally so more can be learned and the vaccine is ready. Can it disappear tomorrow and the experts are wrong, yes but unlikely.

Unless I lock myself in my home with a stockpile and have no contact with anyone, no deliveries including mail I am at risk as I am with any other sickness, as with the flu.

Meanwhile I am living each day as there is nothing much I can do. Initially I was afraid, now just concerned as those older that I love are more In risk if it hits here. But then Thinking of it logically they are more at risk for the flu too which they got this year badly and survived.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Now in Los Angeles, several days too late for our friends' Chinese student, they are supposed to be testing all people presenting with flu symptoms for corona virus. BTW, one of the students is from Hong Kong, one from near Beijing. I don't know which one was sick.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel China is under reporting the seriousness of the virus in mainland China for economic reason.