• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Wreaking Havoc on Your Travel Plans?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It is interesting that this thread started on Jan 31, well before this was called a pandemic and everyone was on SIP. On that day, many of us thought that the instructor canceling the class was over reacting. It is interesting to read how differently we thought back then, just about 2 months ago. How the world has changed. I miss the old world.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is interesting that this thread started on Jan 31, well before this was called a pandemic and everyone was on SIP. On that day, many of us thought that the instructor canceling the class was over reacting. It is interesting to read how differently we thought back then, just about 2 months ago. How the world has changed. I miss the old world.

Yep... people should go back and re-read what they wrote early in this thread, and compare to the current reality.

Turns out it was not just like the flu, and there was indeed a reason to prepare and react sooner.

Day 15 SAH/SIP for us, and while our area has slowed the doubling rate by reacting quickly and being compliant (for the most part) - the cavalier nature of people from other areas makes us all have to wait longer and longer for it to resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh mentioned today that he's thinking we might want to cancel our October trip to Newport RI and NYC! I think it's much too early to think about that. We wouldn't be out much except for the RCI exchange fee.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Get Us Out of Here - U.S. to Evacuate Citizens Out of Africa.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
@Luanne October is a long way away! I am praying everything will be over by then! I live in RI and it is a beautiful time of year. If it were me, I would not cancel yet but that is just me!

Many from NY, CT and MA have flocked here to their vacation homes and were told to self isolate for 14 days. They are not. People are bringing their entire families to go grocery shopping and the governor is fed up. Some do not care how their behavior affects others and it is really sad. The longer people defy the orders the longer this virus spreads. It really is too bad people are not taking this seriously.
There are patients who come into the hospital with very few symptoms seemingly in good condition and they can become critical and go on a vent within a couple hours. Again, many do recover thankfully but for those who it afflicts seriously it is scary to them and their family. Every person matters.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
U.S. Bans Returning Cruise Passengers FromTaking
Commercial Flights.

Richard

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Original Poster here. I find it very interesting- the two month 'time capsule' of what various TUGgers feelings were towards the COVID-10 (it didn't even have a name then). Go back and read a few of the responses from then. Eye opening!

Oh, if we'd known then what we know now. I betcha our IRA's would look better! We might have more masks, TP and sanitizer.

Jim

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Original Poster here. I find it very interesting- the two month 'time capsule' of what various TUGgers feelings were towards the COVID-10 (it didn't even have a name then). Go back and read a few of the responses from then. Eye opening!

Oh, if we'd known then what we know now. I betcha our IRA's would look better! We might have more masks, TP and sanitizer.

Jim

The medical and scientific experts did know then and tried to tell us. For some reason, some of our leadership and one large media company thought they were smarter than the experts and told us to ignore them. Unfortunately, many, maybe even most, did. And, here we are.

Harry

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CDC Extends No-Sail Order for Cruise-Ship Industry

Richard

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
100 days from March 14 (6/22) or 100 days from today (7/19).
Either way, I won't be cruising anytime soon.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
CDC Extends No-Sail Order for Cruise-Ship Industry

Richard

They pulled the latest update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
I do not see myself cruising anytime in the near or distant future. I feel bad saying this but I wonder when or even if cruising will start up again. Have to wonder if these pandemics will be here to stay.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not see myself cruising anytime in the near or distant future. I feel bad saying this but I wonder when or even if cruising will start up again. Have to wonder if these pandemics will be here to stay.
I doubt it. If we had been better prepared, had drills for healthcare professionals to keep them on their toes on response, and if there had been a supply of masks/respirators positioned to go to where needed on quick notice this pandemic could have been much different. Much like SARS or the Bird flu of decades ago turned out. Look at the response in Korea or New Zealand/Australia for insight on how to more properly prepare for the unexpected disease outbreak.

When the books are written, the shortcomings that led to tens of thousands- maybe millions of unnecessary deaths will be painfully obvious. I only hope it won't take another world war to right the economy like the 1918 flu pandemic led to the great depression which we didn't really recover from until after WWII.

Jim

Brett

Reaction score

Cruising will eventually start again but maybe with restrictions - e.g. check your temp before boarding, limit the number of people in the theaters, etc