• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Thread consolidation: Links Here

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I want to personally wish everyone in this community be safe and healthy over the next few weeks as the uncertainty of this whole situation continues to unfold. While I have no desire to get into debates regarding the seriousness of the infection, its impact on travel (among many other things) is certainly being felt by all! TUG is no exception to this and we are feeling the pain just like most other travel related businesses!

That said, I wanted to make an effort to try to consolidate all the different CV threads on the forums into one post so folks can get the information they need, especially with so many likely staying home more and more!

here is a list of active/current threads on TUG regarding CV:

(note if i missed any please let me know and I will add them)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Great idea to put the links all in one thread. Thank you

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Holy moly that's a lot of threads!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, it surprised even me when i was adding them. whew.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I suggested that COVID-19 probably deserved it's own forum a couple of weeks ago so that when this thing ends it can be terminated just as easily. As it is now (before this effort) as we saw, COVID-19 affected darn near every thread.

The whole COVID-19 outbreak has made so many of us (dare I say ALL?) feel helpless. The panic buying and hoarding were just a symptom of trying to do SOMETHING to have a measure of control.

Thanks for what you and the moderators do. You all are appreciated.

Jim

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I suggested that COVID-19 probably deserved it's own forum a couple of weeks ago so that when this thing ends it can be terminated just as easily. As it is now (before this effort) as we saw, COVID-19 affected darn near every thread.
Might not be a bad idea, and easy for the Mods to manage.. The number of COVID threads continues to grow (and I'm culpable).

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Brian is there a way to move all the threads here? I for one am totally sick of the non stop threads on Covid 19.

deslagle

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI,
The news networks are not using the true name of Covid 19 but are calling it by the name "Corona" virus as if Corona is the real name of Covid 19. Covid 19 is a new more virulent straint. It is like saying a Lexus is just an Automobile. This statement is true but a Smart car and the Lexus are two different types of cars and behave differently when they are being driven. True a Lexus is an automobile and true Covid 19 is a type of Corona virus.
We call a Lexus a Lexus, a Rolls Royce would never be called just an automobile.

"Human coronaviruses (HCoVs) have long been considered inconsequential pathogens, causing the “common cold” in otherwise healthy people. However, in the 21st century, 2 highly pathogenic HCoVs—severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)—emerged from animal reservoirs to cause global epidemics with alarming morbidity and mortality. In December 2019, yet another pathogenic HCoV, 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), was recognized in Wuhan, China, and has caused serious illness and death"

Corona is the name used by the media. But there were 7 types of them before Covid 19. Most pharmacists would tell
you up until Jan 2020 that it was the common cold. We get it every year. We all have had corona viruses in the past if we are older than a toddler.

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus"
"Most people become infected with coronaviruses that cause the common cold at some point during their lives. These infections often occur in the fall or winter.
corona viruses" Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV)

"A coronavirus (kuh-RO-nuh-vy-rus) is a common virus that can cause illnesses of the upper respiratory tract.? Both children and adults. It is not deadly usually for the elderly.
More to Know
Corona viruses are "germs" that can make people and animals sick. CoViruses (corona viruses) cause colds leading to repiratory disease, and many other diseases. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that can infect the respiratory tract and cause symptoms like a runny nose, cough, sore throat, and fever.
Seven previous coronaviruses can infect humans, including the viruses that cause Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Other coronaviruses can infect animals like cats, dogs, monkeys, and rodents."

Just be aware that there is a Coronavirus that is a COMMON COLD out there as well going on as well. They will show negative for the flu and negative for Covid 19.
The news media in their ignorance just say Coronavirus and means Covid 19.
Any of you in the medical profession will know the difference.
This pharmacist just wants others to know that the terminology is leaving a lot to be desired.

By the way, I am due to go to Grand Cayman Morritts Londoner May 1st and then onto St Lucia Windjammer Landing May 8th. Doubt it will happen.
American Airlines says I will know 72 hours in advance. But the two islands may close USA citizens out before that.
Lastly, Just an aside. I live in Benton County eastern washington and as of last night there was no reported case of Covid 19 (3-13-2020) but that will end soon.
We all know Washington State is an epicenter for the Covid 19 but 4 hours east we have not gotten 1 case (Tri Cities, Wa) and I would hate to be judged if I traveled as a
Washingtonian as of yesterday.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Thank you Brian

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly this got all way out of control and its not been udpated since there are SO MANY new threads about this. it would be like consolidating 50% of all new posts :(

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
sadly this got all way out of control and its not been udpated since there are SO MANY new threads about this. it would be like consolidating 50% of all new posts :(

The problem with trying to bunch them together is it's like trying to cram 20 pounds of [insert your own word] into a 10 pound sack. It won't all fit well, and there will be a lot of spill over.

Since the various threads have cropped up all over the forums, I think you'd be chasing a lost cause at this point.

Maybe make this thread only links to non-opinion articles and resources? Things like how timeshare companies or airlines are handling reservations during the pandemic. Or links to outside articles?

Dave

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is much need to consolidate. And I wouldn't want a link to threads that have links to outside articles as most of those are opinion also and you'll find post - counterpost. I could see a use for links to threads about how various timeshares are handling reservations, and airlines, and car rental, etc. Hopefully, those do not degrade into arguments about government and such.