• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Cases Are Accelerating Across U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Well NY had no reported deaths yesterday. However I don't see the current leaders of the new Hot Spot states taking this as seriously as the NY, NJ, CT leadership. There is a complete poopy head leading FL.

If the Gov's of the heated states shut down now for 2 months then they will get this down. Otherwise they are leading their citizens off a cliff.

Well, good morning Mr. Potty Mouth!

iu

(and just to be clear, Billy you made me laugh this morning because I can hear a lot of my student's voices in my head using those exact words!)

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, good morning Mr. Potty Mouth!

iu

(and just to be clear, Billy you made me laugh this morning because I can hear a lot of my student's voices in my head using those exact words!)

Glad it made you laugh! My fingers are restricted from typing my true feelings due to my respect for the etiquette and rules here and elsewhere on the net.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Glad it made you laugh! My fingers are restricted from typing my true feelings due to my respect for the etiquette and rules here and elsewhere on the net.

I understand.

One thing for sure - few governors have distinguished themselves during COVID-19 but DeSantis, Cuomo, Newsom, and Ducey are likely seeing the end of their political careers.

If ever there were a time for outsiders to break into politics, this is it.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I mentioned Medcrams on Youtube before. I have been reviewing some of them this morning. (The temperature hit 100 F in my back yard at 10:17 AM this morning, so inside work!)

Here are ones to watch:

#94 (most current today)

(Note: These are by a professional ER Doctor, for other medical professionals. If you have a good background in Micro/molecular Biology and Biochemistry you can follow it pretty easily. A general layperson may get confused a bit.)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I understand.

One thing for sure - few governors have distinguished themselves during COVID-19 but DeSantis, Cuomo, Newsom, and Ducey are likely seeing the end of their political careers.

If ever there were a time for outsiders to break into politics, this is it.

I thought the consensus was that Cuomo has done a good job handling New York. Is that not the popular belief?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
probably, but if one is of the opposite political party then Gov. Cuomo (and his brother) are not so popular

Most Governors failed. Not sure it’s worth debating it just yet...after all, this mess isn’t over yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
probably, but if one is of the opposite political party then Gov. Cuomo (and his brother) are not so popular

Deleted

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Is it just to difficult to not pull this into the political arena? :ponder:

Obviously. But why did you quote Brett when someone else started this theme? Hmm...your bias is showing.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
CDC's 'best estimate' is 40 percent COVID-19 infections are asymptomatic.
A person with COVID-19 is still 'likely to infect' 2.5 other people.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought the consensus was that Cuomo has done a good job handling New York. Is that not the popular belief?
Given how New York was one of the initial COVID-19 flashpoints, it was also slow to deal with school closures, and how the state initially handled communal type settings (including putting COVID-19 patients back into those communal settings) and still has more deaths than any state - NO New York did not do good job.

And, by extension, Cuomo did not do a good job.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Obviously. But why did you quote Brett when someone else started this theme? Hmm...your bias is showing.

Deleted

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given how New York was one of the initial COVID-19 flashpoints, it was also slow to deal with school closures, and how the state initially handled communal type settings (including putting COVID-19 patients back into those communal settings) and still has more deaths than any state - NO New York did not do good job.

Deleted

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
That's quite humorous. Seems as though your bias is showing. Give it a rest and move on. :rolleyes:

Dude, you need to learn how to be even a little objective. Your posts are now simply laughable. Criticize Brett for responding to a theme started by someone else? C’mon. At least pretend that you care about objectivity.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Bazinga !

Now you encourage more posts about politics after you criticized it? You’re a hypocrite.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you encourage more posts about politics after you criticized it? You’re a hypocrite.

Deleted

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just so we are very clear Ken. Personally, Cuomo has, and continues to not care about anyone, but himself, IMHO. That has nothing to do with politics and let me add, I don't care what affiliation he is. :shrug:
So, if I said the same about another person in office, that wouldn't be considered political? Come on.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is only one opinion that matters, Ken's.

If things do not go his way, the name calling starts. Why others approve and "like" such comments is rather puzzling to me but I guess this is how mob censureship works.

travelpager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana: WKV (AZ); SVV-Bella (FL); WRV (CO); some SheratonFlex

Yours is an interesting perspective. As a resident of the great state of Texas, I offer only that a number of my fellow citizens look upon NY's example of state leadership with absolute, unadulterated envy, even as we field emails and texts from friends around the world, including New York, expressing bewilderment and alarm at the latest news ("Wasn't anyone paying attention?"). E N V Y, I tell you. Put that kind of "incompetence" in a bottle and I'll take a case ... if not a truckload. Heck, for a delivery like that, I'd even consider leaving my house.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, if I said the same about another person in office, that wouldn't be considered political? Come on.

Tell you what, if my personal opinion about Cuomo bothers you, I'll delete it. It's solely my opinion based on how a relative who happens to be a New York State Police Officer, was treated after being injured on the job. But, I wouldn't want to upset anyone, in any way who believes that opinion has anything to do with politics.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yours is an interesting perspective. As a resident of the great state of Texas, I offer only that a number of my fellow citizens look upon NY's example of state leadership with absolute, unadulterated envy, even as we field emails and texts from friends around the world expressing bewilderment and alarm at the latest news. E N V Y, I tell you. Put that kind of "incompetence" in a bottle and I'll take a case ... if not a truckload. Heck, for a delivery like that, I'd even consider leaving my house.
I am curious if you would care to provide a bit more detail as to what you perceive as envious on Cuomo 's performance.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Enough!

No more posts about Governors.

Do you want to have this thread closed?

Just... stop. /end

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Tell you what, if my personal opinion about Cuomo bothers you, I'll delete it. It's solely my opinion based on how a relative who happens to be a New York State Police Officer, was treated after being injured on the job. But, I wouldn't want to upset anyone, in any way who believes that opinion has anything to do with politics.
Your comment about Cuomo didn't bother me. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Whether we choose to share them here or not is up to us. What "bothered" me was this part: "That has nothing to do with politics and let me add, I don't care what affiliation he is." If I had used that same statement, this one: "Personally, Cuomo has, and continues to not care about anyone, but himself, IMHO." and used another politician, or someone in office, name I would have been accused of the statement being political. But if you make it, it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.