• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Corona Ravages the Lungs. It Also Affects the Brain.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yet another reason to stay home and stay safe...

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really interesting. I'm working on a project where we are analyzing Google symptom search data and it's linkage to positive cases. Loss of taste / smell is a key finding.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Cornell It is interesting. And scary! I didn't realize that the smell and taste may not return after you recuperate. At least not immediately or ever (who knows?) Also interesting is the hypothesis that corona might disrupt the part of the brain that prompts people to breathe.

Brett

Reaction score
Yet another reason to stay home and stay safe...

there's been other articles on the damaging effects of the coronavirus
https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...f71ee0-7db1-11ea-a3ee-13e1ae0a3571_story.html

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Cornell It is interesting. And scary! I didn't realize that the smell and taste may not return after you recuperate. At least not immediately or ever (who knows?) Also interesting is the hypothesis that corona might disrupt the part of the brain that prompts people to breathe.
I didn't realize that either (that the taste / smell might not return). I'm curious what it is about the virus that causes that symptom. I am really ignorant when it comes to medical stuff.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Cornell Time will tell if this is temporary or something long lasting. It doesn't affect every patient.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
And no one knows what effects will linger in either older or younger patients as years go by. Everything is so acute right now, no one has time for those studies. I'll bet there are big lung deficits ahead.

The good part of this is that there is going to be a lot of new discovery about how our bodies work.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
After my initial RA treatment with Plaquenil (aka hydroxychloroquine) was a complete failure, the next drug treatment offered was methotrexate. It worked but at the cost of me having almost every side effect in the book, one of the worst of which was "brain fog". I just couldn't track things, such as conversations or lectures. I heard the words but couldn't process them correctly. It caused me to have to double and triple check my work product and at a time when I should have been advancing in my career, I had to step aside. Once I changed drugs again (four long years later) and was off of methotrexate, it took me over a year to feel closer to normal, although I feel that my brain function is somewhat permanently compromised.

I feel sorry for anyone going through this. It sounds like the recovery time will be lengthy.