• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cornerstone Vacation Ownership

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Anyone have any dealings with this company

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

No .
I Googled them - a lot of words / little clarity - in my opinion .
looks to be Canadian based .

what is the reason for the question ?

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
I also saw their info come up on a FB page and contacted them to find out more about them. Have a Mexican TS (Vidanta/Grand Mayan) I am not using and might be interested in renting. Have an appoint to meet with them to discuss my TS. I am well aware of the scams for buying timeshares. I got burning a couple of years ago before I found Tugs. I am a member of the Vidanta Owners group now so I am much more informed.

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were contacted by Cornerstone. They claim they can get you a quit deed on your current timeshare. I have googled them and it sounds to me like a scam....there was actually a discussion on this board a few years back.

rz9btd

Reaction score
Yes... I visited them in Vaughn this winter for the disposal of two Carriage Hills units we bought 15 and ten years ago. Followed the process and of course, paid upfront on their first fee of over $6000.00 The fees are $US converted to CND and payable by a credit card that is then sent through PayPal( for some reason).
I sent all the paperwork to the person I was working with and then waited. Their Collingwood Rep then called for the second payment for the legal work etc. and I paid $1700 for that and waited.
They then called and wanted the third payment for the sale of the one unit and I finally sent that payment on my CC. I have not paid their fee for the second Carriage Hills unit.
I tried emailing and calling but they are now very quiet and not responding. ( I wonder why.....).

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes... I visited them in Vaughn this winter for the disposal of two Carriage Hills units we bought 15 and ten years ago. Followed the process and of course, paid upfront on their first fee of over $6000.00 The fees are $US converted to CND and payable by a credit card that is then sent through PayPal( for some reason).
I sent all the paperwork to the person I was working with and then waited. Their Collingwood Rep then called for the second payment for the legal work etc. and I paid $1700 for that and waited.
They then called and wanted the third payment for the sale of the one unit and I finally sent that payment on my CC. I have not paid their fee for the second Carriage Hills unit.
I tried emailing and calling but they are now very quiet and not responding. ( I wonder why.....).

That is terrible. So sorry that you have now lost all that money by trying to get rid of your weeks up at CH.
Cornerstone out of Vaughn still continues to call and wanting us to meet with them. The lady's name is Rosemary....she certainly sounds convincing that they are able to help. I was actually thinking of meeting with them after refusing several times, just to hear their spiel. Thank you so much for posting this. The next time she calls I will let her know that I now know for a fact that they are a scam.....

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
We have several members in the Carriage Hills Facebook group who have reported paying money to Cornerstone to get out of our resort - one as recently as Sept 13th. She contacted them days later to cancel but got no sign of life and had to contact her credit card company to block the transaction ~$10,000 dollars. They have retained about $1500 she paid by cheque. Champion scammers - Corey Stegemann their principal, also started up Cyria Group and Genescy - seems to change names once exposed. Up to very recently he was on the board of CVOA (doesn't reflect well on them...) Stay far away they will take your money with no results.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Corey Stegemann their principal, also started up Cyria Group and Genescy - seems to change names once exposed. Up to very recently he was on the board of CVOA (doesn't reflect well on them...) Stay far away they will take your money with no results.
This CVOA appears to behave like a front for Canadian timeshare crooks. Timeshare sales weasels and exit companies go hand-in-hand in ripping off Canadians.