• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coral Vista studios to get balconies

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Noticed this on the latest Coral Vista Association newsletter.

"Based on Owner and Guest feedback, dishwashers have been installed in the studio villas. Additionally, balconies will soon be erected for the second floor studio villas.

These enhancements are being provides by the developer at no cost to the association."

I am glad to see this, it will definately improve the vacation experience of the 2nd floor studios!

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Good improvements for sure!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. This will be a good addition when staying at the resort (for my guests since we are pool villa people an sometimes we need overflow accomodations). If there was a way to guarantee not staying in BV...:D

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
John, thanks for sharing that update. I had noticed that some of the studios didn't have balconies, so this is good news.

We are thinking of trying to get into WSJ in 2018 and we're wondering if a studio in this section would be better than a 1BR in VG (where we were a couple years ago). Only two of us and the studio is obviously smaller. However, the location may be better.

Any insights anyone can share would be helpful. Note, we have 81k SO's.

Best regards.

Mike

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
If there was a way to guarantee not staying in BV...:D

There is -- book any 1-bedroom (VGV), a 3-bedroom lockoff sleeping 12, or a 2-bedroom loft sleeping 8!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is -- book any 1-bedroom (VGV), a 3-bedroom lockoff sleeping 12, or a 2-bedroom loft sleeping 8!
To clarify, I meant staying in a studio in the main resort. That would remove the VGV units and the 2 BR loft sleeping 8. I guess CV and SB will have studios and BV doesn't (is this correct?) so it should be fine...

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
To clarify, I meant staying in a studio in the main resort. That would remove the VGV units and the 2 BR loft sleeping 8. I guess CV and SB will have studios and BV doesn't (is this correct?) so it should be fine...
There are studios in all phases except BV....you would know if you were in VGV because the SO needed are different most times of the year.

Edit, and GREAT news about adding the balconies, that really annoyed me that there was no outdoor space.

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thanks for sharing. This will be a good addition when staying at the resort (for my guests since we are pool villa people an sometimes we need overflow accomodations). If there was a way to guarantee not staying in BV...:D

I'm curious why you want to avoid BV? Honestly asking here, not judging, I have only stayed in VGV. What's wrong with BV? We are not staying in our fixed week/unit this year and could end up in BV, just wondering what the issues are? :eek: I was hoping to avoid the newer sections because the kitchen facilities are sooo minimal.

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
John, thanks for sharing that update. I had noticed that some of the studios didn't have balconies, so this is good news.

We are thinking of trying to get into WSJ in 2018 and we're wondering if a studio in this section would be better than a 1BR in VG (where we were a couple years ago). Only two of us and the studio is obviously smaller. However, the location may be better.

Any insights anyone can share would be helpful. Note, we have 81k SO's.

Best regards.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Hope we can cross paths in 2018!

It is a personal preference thing. We have been in both.
The advantages to us in the hillside 1BR are:
1. Much larger
2. Full kitchen with cooktop and oven
3. Parking right outside
4. Pools serving just the hillside units, more private
5. Best views of the whole resort

The disadvantages to us were:
1. Units are showing wear
2. At least some of the 1BR's are accessible only by stairs, an issue if you are lugging groceries or equipment.
3. You had to take a shuttle to get up to your room from the rest of the resort
4. You feel a bit isolated from the rest of the resort
5. Sometimes the tap water would look brown

The advantages to the Coral Vista studios to us were:
1. New appliances and furniture
2. You can easily walk to the other parts of the main resort
3. Close to the main pool, but not too close
4. Close to the dock
The disadvantages to us on the Coral Vista studios were:
1. Studios are a lot smaller than hillside
2. No oven, small food preparation area,Small cooktop can really handle only one pan at a time
3. Remote parking
Putting in balconies will take care of the bottled up feeling the 2nd floor studios had. Also the dishwasher was also a big improvement from hand washing.

For us, we like meeting people and the convenience to the rest of the resort tilts us to Coral Vista, but it really is a personal preference

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you want to avoid BV? Honestly asking here, not judging, I have only stayed in VGV. What's wrong with BV? We are not staying in our fixed week/unit this year and could end up in BV, just wondering what the issues are? :eek: I was hoping to avoid the newer sections because the kitchen facilities are sooo minimal.
We stayed in 2715 (I think), which is the farthest first floor 2BR. The hill to buildings 26 and 27 is pretty steep and DW had just had surgery. So, needless to say, it was a tough week from her physical effort to get in and out of the room standpoint. The shuttle was very unreliable, sometimes we had to wait 30 minutes and it would take two calls from the room plus one from the cellphone to the main desk. So, for us, the potential risk of being placed far from everything makes it undesirable. Thankfully, we have become largely vested in pool villas and we would only need occasional overflow accommodations.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hi Mike,

Hope we can cross paths in 2018!

It is a personal preference thing. We have been in both.
The advantages to us in the hillside 1BR are:
1. Much larger
2. Full kitchen with cooktop and oven
3. Parking right outside
4. Pools serving just the hillside units, more private
5. Best views of the whole resort

The disadvantages to us were:
1. Units are showing wear
2. At least some of the 1BR's are accessible only by stairs, an issue if you are lugging groceries or equipment.
3. You had to take a shuttle to get up to your room from the rest of the resort
4. You feel a bit isolated from the rest of the resort
5. Sometimes the tap water would look brown

The advantages to the Coral Vista studios to us were:
1. New appliances and furniture
2. You can easily walk to the other parts of the main resort
3. Close to the main pool, but not too close
4. Close to the dock
The disadvantages to us on the Coral Vista studios were:
1. Studios are a lot smaller than hillside
2. No oven, small food preparation area,Small cooktop can really handle only one pan at a time
3. Remote parking
Putting in balconies will take care of the bottled up feeling the 2nd floor studios had. Also the dishwasher was also a big improvement from hand washing.

For us, we like meeting people and the convenience to the rest of the resort tilts us to Coral Vista, but it really is a personal preference

Thanks for your perspective on the two locations. It will be interesting to see what types of units may be available for us. I know how difficult it is to get into the resort. I'll keep you posted. Merry Christmas!

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WSJ CV.jpg
Perhaps they added balconies because the original design included them