• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Copper Creek- different studio categories?

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
We have also rented some DVC points to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We have 2 nights at Copper Creek, but one is a deluxe studio and the other is a walk-in shower. She waitlisted the second to be a deluxe studio as well, and with the way availability has been changing day by day I have hopes we will end up with 2 nights in the same category.

We don't want an upgrade, and it wouldn't be that far...Just not fun to pack up/move and probably not as cost efficient for the resort. Has anyone had a similar situation with the same room type/point total and not had to move?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
You can always ask at check in and also have the DVC member call to put a note on both reservation to stay in same unit. But, you should plan on moving. It's not like a hotel. The walk in shower have specific booking category. You'd be able to stay only if there is vacancy in the other category. And, if there was, then your WL should've been filled.

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Done and understood. I just wondered if anyone had an experience like this and how it worked out. I know there is some cash inventory and wondered if they might even them out...

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC is very particular about booking categories, and historically they would not move you in these cases. If occupancy is very low, maybe, but I would count on moving if the waitlist doesn't come through.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC is very particular about booking categories, and historically they would not move you in these cases. If occupancy is very low, maybe, but I would count on moving if the waitlist doesn't come through.
They tend to be absolute in this area so unless you can match the waitlist to be in one or the other, expect to move. In addition you'll be without a room until check out (11) to when the new room is ready.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am confused, if they are very particular, why would they NOT move the person if they had booked two different room types?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused, if they are very particular, why would they NOT move the person if they had booked two different room types?
I think Brian is saying they would not change the room type by not moving the reservation and would have them move to a different room. Obviously with Covid this would be altered but historically DVC is 100% in keeping the reserved room type unless the room is not available for some reason which has happened with DVC.