• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converting Week to II deposit < 60 but > 14 - Can I lock off?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a late April week. Still might use but trying to figure out all the options. We are under 60 days so can't cancel, but can I still convert to locking off and the deposit both sides to get two late deposits?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as the actual reservation is in a lock-off capable unit and you call and have a rep split it into two reservation numbers. I have done this before.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as the actual reservation is in a lock-off capable unit and you call and have a rep split it into two reservation numbers. I have done this before.
Just chated and they said because we were < 60 can't do any changes including lock-off.
Did you do it < 60 days?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just chated and they said because we were < 60 can't do any changes including lock-off.
Did you do it < 60 days?

Yes I was under 60 days. It is a reservation change in the system but not really in reality, which is why it is allowed. If it really counted as a reservation change wouldn't you have to pay a change fee in additional to the lock-off fee? Never had to pay a change fee ever for locking off an existing reservation.

It is just splitting one reservation into two. This is why the underlying unit must be lock-off capable. If it wasn't lock-off capable and you were switching unit types then that would be a reservation change and not allowed inside 60 days. A supervisor does have to do it because a normal rep can only cancel and rebook which can cause major problems or might be impossible altogether. In my experiences a regular rep could never do it but they never told me it couldn't be done. They just had to put me on hold and had someone else manipulate the system.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you do it < 60 days?

Keep in mind that if you own at a resort which has 100% lock off Villas (such as BeachPlace Tower or Ocean Pointe) then they can not deny you this right as you "own" the two bedroom reservation. Now, if your resort isn't 100% lock off capable then that is a different story altogether.

I have done it a few times when the reservation was within 14 days. They can't do it easily, but they can do it, and they need a supervisor to override the system.

If your week is not enrolled it will cost you $90 to do the lock off.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought but before I sit on hold wanted to check.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update, you were right. Called in and rep said he needed to get a supervisor. Amazed at how easy process was. My assumption that the chat folks know very little was confirmed. Chat told me is was impossible she also told me that it was too late to deposit and my only option was the $99 certificate.