• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converting HGVC to RCI

Matman

Reaction score
:) Can anyone share there experience with converting HGVC to RCI?

What are the fees a associated? $199 RCI + $79?

Best to call or can this be online?

Thanks.

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't "convert HGVC" when making a reservation through RCI they just take out the points needed for the reservation from your HGVC account. If you cancel within a certain time frame you lose the reservation fee but get the points back into your HGVC account. You can deposit HGVC points that are near expiring to extend their life, if you deposit points into RCI then that's where they stay until you make a reservation or they expire.

If the resort is a high demand resort or season I do an ongoing search otherwise I routinely search RCI for possible vacations.

To make reservations you can call to make an ongoing search for a property, you pay the $199 fee upfront (I think the fee is higher when placing ongoing searches). When using the online reservations you pay the fee when you book the reservation.

Some resorts charge extra fees eg: magical express for DVC or housekeeping fees at various resorts.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As said, there is nothing to 'convert' or 'deposit'.
For a confirmed booking, HGVC simply deducts the requisite points.

In the HGVC members' website, under the "My Club" menu item, there's a link to RCI Reservations which takes you across the bridge into RCI-land where you can search based on your criteria. The broader the criteria, the better.

You can, of course, call to make a booking, but the fee is higher. You can also call to request an 'ongoing search', if you cannot find something suitable. IME, the call center does its best to help (but you are paying for it, if you confirm).

When searching, you have access to both RCI-weeks and RCI-points (nights). You can use your points from the current year and the next two years. If you cancel a booking, you get the points back (subject to a penalty for late cancellations), but points from a prior year which would have otherwise expired, can only deposited (for a fee) into the RCI program for re-use.

Last edited:

Matman

Reaction score
Thanks. Pretty much the way that I thought that it worked.

I do notice that not every property that I see on the RCI website, is listed on the HGVC/RCI listings.

Do we have access to all RCI properties or just the ones on the HGVC/RCI site?

npmadsen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the member book in anticipation for when I
Close
My question is I will have 7000 annual points after converting
But may not be able to use them by the end of the year
Can I deposit them into rci for the fee
And if so can I then book available units through rci?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have been reading the member book in anticipation for when I
Close
My question is I will have 7000 annual points after converting
But may not be able to use them by the end of the year
Can I deposit them into rci for the fee
And if so can I then book available units through rci?

You can deposit them into RCI, you can also pay to save them and move them into 2013 in HGVC, but they them must be used with HGVC.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have been reading the member book in anticipation for when I Close. My question is I will have 7000 annual points after converting. But may not be able to use them by the end of the year
Can I deposit them into rci for the fee. And if so can I then book available units through rci?

You can use your current-year points to book RCI weeks up to 2 years out or RCI points (HGVC calls 'em 'nights') up to 10 months out.. w/o making a deposit. If you cancel after the current year, you can save 'em with a deposit at that time.

BUT, if you prefer to bank current-year points, you can...
-- "Rescue" them to next year's account for HGVC or RCI bookings in 2013;
-- "Deposit" them to the RCI program for use in 2013 and 2014.