• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converting from Vistana to Marriott?

nilias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I am at Sheraton Broadway Plantation currently and as part of the owner's update, they have offered to exchange my have SVV (81K options) for 104K Marriott timeshare points for a net price of $10K (purchase price of $42K minus exchange price of SVV of $26K, minus additional discount of $6K). The offer comes with a choice of one-time 60K Marriott timeshare points or 133K Bonvoy points and also an option of purchasing additional 500K Bonvoy point at the price of $0.007 per point.

I have not negotiated anything with them yet. Should I take the offer?

Thanks!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have not heard that Vistana is exchanging with MVC. Did they tell you that the programs are being integrated? Is this a one time exchange for one usage year or a permanent sale of DPs? Is it 81K SOs for 104K bonvoy points? DPs do not go into the hundred thousands. I am Presidential and get 11K DPs per year. It sounds like they are offering to convert your SOs for Bonvoy points. But I would not pay $10K for that. I am really confused by their offer. I am interested in hearing more.

nilias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they told me that they are trying to integrate the two programs under the current economic circumstances. It is supposed to be a permanent switch. There was actually a Marriott sales rep who was there alongside the Vistana rep. The conversion into NOT into bonvoy points (which I am familiar with) but into Marriott Vacation points (which I am not familiar with and hence requesting more information). According the rep, with the 104K points they are offering, I could get into a 3 BR at any of their resorts within an 8 month window.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I think they are trying to sell you the Sheraton Flex program which is not the same as the Marriott DC point program. 104k is a LOT of DP's (Marriott timeshare currency). To put this in perspective, your MF would be around $62k/year if it was Marriott timeshare points.

The pricing you've described is the Sheraton Flex pricing without any sort of special deal - so no - you should not buy this or trade in what I am assuming is a mandatory SVV unit. You won't get special access to Marriott timeshares or anything else. All you will have is 23,000 more StarOptions that won't transfer on sale. Not worth $10k in my opinion.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Yes, they told me that they are trying to integrate the two programs under the current economic circumstances. It is supposed to be a permanent switch. There was actually a Marriott sales rep who was there alongside the Vistana rep. The conversion into NOT into bonvoy points (which I am familiar with) but into Marriott Vacation points (which I am not familiar with and hence requesting more information). According the rep, with the 104K points they are offering, I could get into a 3 BR at any of their resorts within an 8 month window.

Just curious - look at the chart in this thread. Is this what the salesperson showed you?

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/e...de-credit-for-external-ts.299189/post-2372494

If so all they did was show you how many FlexOptions can be used to exchange for a 3BR in Interval. These are not Marriott points!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
8 month window is also a Vistana thing not a Marriott thing.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Glad you didn't take the offer. Looks like a terrible deal.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is no option to really buy 104K Marriott DC points. I guess you could for about a million dollars. I suspect they were still pushing StarOptions/HomeOptions that have no direct access to MVC inventory.

nilias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious - look at the chart in this thread. Is this what the salesperson showed you?

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/e...de-credit-for-external-ts.299189/post-2372494

If so all they did was show you how many FlexOptions can be used to exchange for a 3BR in Interval. These are not Marriott points!

Well, they did not show me a chart. But the 104,100 options for a 3BR is exactly what I see as a cell in the fourth column of the table. So, it must be that they were just trying to sell me the flex program under the guise of "converting to Marriott". Glad I walked out unharmed!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Well, they did not show me a chart. But the 104,100 options for a 3BR is exactly what I see as a cell in the fourth column of the table. So, it must be that they were just trying to sell me the flex program under the guise of "converting to Marriott". Glad I walked out unharmed!
If you were at SBP then they were trying to sell you into Flex and talked fast enough While throwing numbers in the thousands out to confuse you enough for you to just sign and think you’re getting a better deal than what you have. Glad you walked.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Marriott is using “Marriott destination points”. Honestly I would wait or buy. Last week they told me fourth quarter they would start the merge. But who knows with Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Marriott is using “Marriott destination points”. Honestly I would wait or buy. Last week they told me fourth quarter they would start the merge. But who knows with Covid

They told me 4Q last August hah. The investor meeting did have an end of 2020 roll out. We shall see what they plan on doing

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
You still have a deed at your home property regardless. That doesn’t change. What changes is using converted Staroptions in the Marriott program.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You still have a deed at your home property regardless. That doesn’t change. What changes is using converted Staroptions in the Marriott program.

Yeah, personally I like what I have with the occasional interval exchange. It’s going to be interesting to see. I feel like everyone has high expectations and in reality we may get a clunker.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Honestly I think anybody who has a platinum week will be ok. I heard Westin Nanea will be good in the new program. But who knows

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Honestly I think anybody who has a platinum week will be ok. I heard Westin Nanea will be good in the new program. But who knows

Who really knows. I wonder how the Orlando properties did in the DP program when that rolled out. What will the orlando vistana properties fetch if that’s any indication