• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converted Fixed Week (CFW) Questions

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
1. Can a CFW revert to a plain old fixed week?
2. If yes, what is required procedurally and how much does it cost?
3. If a CFW is transferred by sale, is the conversion to points lost? (There's an old thread that indicates a CFW reverts to a FW if the contract passes to an heir.)
4. Does a fixed week (not converted) have a specific check-in day(s) (e.g., Friday, Saturday)?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
1. Yes
2. I would guess you simply have to call (who? I don't know - maybe Owner Care) and there shouldn't be a cost to revert back. Converted fixed weeks in delinquent accounts get reverted back to just fixed weeks as "punishment" for being late on payments, so it shouldn't cost anything to do it voluntarily.
3. No. I've purchased two resale converted fixed weeks. I wouldn't think an heir would be any different (unless the account went delinquent in the process).
4. Yes. (Unless it's a float week instead of a fixed week, and then it may depend on the resort?) Even my converted fixed weeks have set check-in days if I want to book the fixed week during ARP (my only ARP option for those contracts). Because it's converted to points, I can book less than a week in ARP, but it's bound by the edges of the fixed week it's converted from.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently converted floating weeks as part of the COVID free conversion promotion, I also bought a fixed week that was already converted on the secondary market.

1: Yes.
2: No cost. You just notify that the week is being withdrawn. You probably have to do this before 10 months prior to use to guarantee it, because if it has been booked by someone else, you can't pull it.
3: No, the conversion is transferable.
4: Yes. The fixed week is fixed, and you are entitled to that (and only that) during ARP. If it is a floating week, you get whatever the float entitled you to.

I will try to get the language backing up #2.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
(And as @paxsarah wrote, if the week is floating, the check-in day depends on the underlying resort's floating-week reservation rules. For my converted floating weeks, the underlying resort allows check-in on any available day.)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thanks for all the great responses!

Re: #2 I suspect it is Title Services, which was not open today when I called.
#4: I'll have to check the deed when I get back home.